A&M Soccer Forum - Rule #1 2.0 edition

684,155 Views | 6431 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by aggiephoenix02
Pro Sandy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cans? Like coke cans? I have a few, am I cool?
byfLuger41
AG
No, no, you're definitely not cool.
byfLuger41
AG
Anyone in here have a Slingbox? Thinking about getting one for my bday...
jeffk
AG
Any of you cool kids want to come to a free dinner Sunday night? It benefits a charity my wife and I support and you won't get any kind of guilt trip to raise money.

quote:
A charity my wife and I support is looking to spread the word of their mission into the Houston area and we're helping host a dinner this coming Sunday to allow them to talk about the work they are doing in El Salvador. The majority of their support currently comes from people/organizations in San Antonio and they are looking to expand their network. I have invitations for up to three couples (or more singles) for this free informational dinner.

THIS IS NOT A FUND-RAISING DINNER! They just want to tell people about their mission in hopes that those people will in turn spread the word about their work to their friends/family/organizations in Houston.

Basically, in 2011 a new law was passed in El Salvador that closed down orphanages across the country. The children being served in these orphanages were required by law to return to live with their parents or closest relative - regardless of the situation. Many of these children are now back in situations filled with extreme poverty and some have been placed back into abusive households. Project RED's main goal is to work with these families and children to improve their situation - they provide beds, clothing, health care work, school supplies and fund, parental education, counselling and other needs that the kids and families might have. The organization is run by native Texan Kara Wilson (who is the sister of one of our best friends) and her team - many of which are from El Salvador and have personal connections to the families they are serving.

RED stands for Reintegration, Education and Development. You can read more about their work and mission on their website:

http://www.projectredelsalvador.org/

Here's the details for the dinner -

Sunday, February 23rd, 6;30-8:30 pm
Romano's Macaroni Grill
1155 Lake Woodlands Dr. (in the parking lot of The Woodlands Mall close to I-45)
The Woodlands, TX 77280

I have room for three couples (or more singles), but you have to let me know if you can come by noon tomorrow. (We had some cancellations last minute.)

Like I said earlier, THIS IS NOT A FUND-RAISING DINNER. You have no obligation to give anything other than your time. Kara and her team will give a short presentation about their work in El Salvador and dinner is on the house. Plus you get to meet me and meet my wife (if that's a negative, I promise not to talk to you or even stand close to you at any time). A lot of the other people who will be there are Houston Ags as well and it's a really good group of folks. There is no child care provided unfortunately, sorry.

Please send me a PM or email (in my profile) if you would like to attend. I'm going to cross post this on the Houston board here in a little while, but am giving AO (and the Soccer Board) the first crack at it.

[This message has been edited by jeffk (edited 2/20/2014 7:17a).]
Pro Sandy
AG
No slingbox. I'm a lolpoor
Pro Sandy
AG
No slingbox. I'm a lolpoor
CDub06
AG
We're in, Jeffk
jeffk
AG
Awesome!

Got your seats reserved.
Pro Sandy
AG
I had a study group this morning. We met at the library and got a study room. We didn't study though, just watched 60 minutes of Canadian dominace.
CDub06
GigemNick
AG
Remember the Alamo!
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Remember the Alamo!
Pro Sandy
AG
quote:
quote:
Remember the Alamo!

byfLuger41
AG
Had Gatlin's on Saturday. Super overrated.

Corkscrew crushes them in all categories except ribs. Their ribs were on point, but everything else was marginal at best.
Gigem Trevas
Smith since you seem to enjoy BBQ so much, have you ever been to Stanley's in Tyler?
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Smith since you seem to enjoy BBQ so much, have you ever been to Stanley's in Tyler?

Naw, worth the drive?

I turn 28 today men!
CDub06
AG
YOU DONT COME TO MY THREAD AND TALK TO ANOTHER MAN ABOUT BBQ
CDub06
AG
You echo my feelings on Gatlins. Excellent ribs, everything else is decent. Overpriced for what it is (B+). Virgies is the only place in Houston proper that can match Corkscrew(A-). Killen's in Pearland beats them all (A).

Stanley's was one of my biggest disappointments. Not bad but with the amount of hype it has, my B-- experience was a letdown. Ribs and brisket were good, not great. But it's East Texas so relatively speaking it's a treasure in a BBQ wasteland.
CDub06
AG
Good discussion here: http://mobile.texags.com/Forums/67/Topics/2309506
Gigem Trevas
I am not sure it is worth the drive from Houston, but if you are close by you should definitely check it out. Look up their Mother Clucker Sandwich. I have been there multiple times and was never disappointed.
Gigem Trevas
Smith, the Roscoe is coming back to Torchy's in March.
CDub06
AG
Make it trashy
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
I am not sure it is worth the drive from Houston, but if you are close by you should definitely check it out. Look up their Mother Clucker Sandwich. I have been there multiple times and was never disappointed.

Who?
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Smith, the Roscoe is coming back to Torchy's in March.

Efffff yes!
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
You echo my feelings on Gatlins. Excellent ribs, everything else is decent. Overpriced for what it is (B+). Virgies is the only place in Houston proper that can match Corkscrew(A-). Killen's in Pearland beats them all (A).

Stanley's was one of my biggest disappointments. Not bad but with the amount of hype it has, my B-- experience was a letdown. Ribs and brisket were good, not great. But it's East Texas so relatively speaking it's a treasure in a BBQ wasteland.

Killen's will be my next stop.

Also, I'll be at the 2nd Houston BBQ festival in April. Bought VIP tickets.

Check it out Cdub:

www.houbbq.com
Gigem Trevas
Smith the Mother Clucker sandwich is at Stanley's BBQ in Tyler. Look it up, it is heavenly.

[This message has been edited by Gigem Trevas (edited 2/25/2014 4:09p).]
Pro Sandy
AG
Who are you?
CDub06
AG
Mother Clucker was on a Texas Monthly Top 10 Sandwich List. It was basically a list of sandwiches that had the most stuff stacked on them. They just need better BBQ.

I was planning on going to the Houston BBQ Fest (regular tickets) but now my parents are going to be in town so I'm not sure. I'm interested in eating the stuff I know that's good but also sampling some of the places I've heard negative reviews on just to confirm and mark them off the list (like Brisket House)
GigemNick
AG
Krakow, Poland.
CDub06
AG
Man, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik still goes HARD
GigemNick
AG
I gave money to a street performer today. He was playing the guitar and harmonica while singing Woody Guthrie songs.

[This message has been edited by GigemNick (edited 2/27/2014 11:45a).]
byfLuger41
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRpj9mCl0qg

Arlo is better!
TJJackson
At the Med
Pro Sandy
AG
I was playing my guitar and singing songs last night. Send a check to me. kaithxbii
CDub06
AG
The ghost didnt get you did he/she/it?
First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 184

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.