A&M Soccer Forum - Rule #1 2.0 edition

688,621 Views | 6437 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by aggiephoenix02
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've not been to Pitmasters because I've never heard anything good about them (even from people that swear by places like Smokey Moe's or Dickeys). I doubt I'll ever go unless it's at gunpoint.
byfLuger41
AG
Swear by Smoky Moes! Comical!
byfLuger41
AG
I took a guy I work with to the Saltlick. Told him to get the family style, but he just got a sausage plate.

Found out from a separate colleague he said McKenzie's was still better. What a dumb dumb he be! Some people just don't understand I guess...
dcaggie04
AG
Typically the only BBQ I will eat in MoCo is my dad's. It's better than any other in the area. Plus I can bring back as much as I want when I head back home.

And Smith&Co, send me a PM, I am intrigued on who your sister is and whether or not I might know you also. I've been trying to remember who I graduated with that has a brother who graduated from A&M.
jeffk
AG
Alright Conroe peeps, what's the DL on the golf courses in the area. I played West Fork this morning and enjoyed it. River Plantation is just okay in my opinion.

Where do you guys play when you have the chance?
jeffk
AG
And just because I thought this was funny -

CDub06
AG
That cracks me up.

And I don't play golf. But Tiger Woods 12 got me through my appendectomy.
Pro Sandy
AG
I hear there is a great darts place out by cdubs house. I found pictures the other day of playing darts in the garage before we nailed the board to the wall. It's Ok, we wore glasses while holding the dart board.
Pro Sandy
AG
And so I can be cool like your Conroeianites, 3 of my ancestors are buried in the cemetary.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Alright Conroe peeps, what's the DL on the golf courses in the area. I played West Fork this morning and enjoyed it. River Plantation is just okay in my opinion.

Where do you guys play when you have the chance?

Let me first say that I play maybe 6 times a year and 112 is my personal best. My golf outings consist more of me drinking & smoking cigars than actually playing the game so take my comment FWIW.

1) West Fork - Nice, but the FIR & GIR are kinda crappy, not to mention the skeeters. That course runs along the San Jacinto River bottom so it can get pretty thick in the warmer months. I enjoy playing there in the Fall or Winter.

2) Wedgewood - I like this course a lot! Grew up playing on this course. Never too packed, GIR/FIR are well maintained & worth a try if you like a course with some terrain. Lots of narrow FIR and plenty of timber.

3) Panorama - Another good course IMO. Never too packed and friendly to novice golfers like myself.

4) River Plantation Country Club - RP is my all time favorite place to play. The course layout and 27 hole offering is pretty sweet. Hit my first par on this course (Eff y'all ).

5) Texas National Golf Club - It's in Willis, but I do venture out to the land of the Willie's on the occasion. I always end up serving myself too much when I go, but the course is amazing...from what I remember.

HTH bud
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
That cracks me up.

And I don't play golf. But Tiger Woods 12 got me through my appendectomy.

I enjoy me some Tiger on the 360!

quote:
I hear there is a great darts place out by cdubs house. I found pictures the other day of playing darts in the garage before we nailed the board to the wall. It's Ok, we wore glasses while holding the dart board.

Do you know this chick CDUB?
CDub06
AG
Pro Sandy & I lived together senior year. PS is married now and lives out of state so we don't get a lot of time together. But my wife is cool with it.
Pro Sandy
AG
I think his wife pry thinks somethings wrong if I don't call him once a day.

Do you know me?
byfLuger41
AG
Corkscrew time!
CDub06
AG
The dart board is actually currently displaced by a Street Fighter 2 arcade game. We fancy huh?

Look forward to hearing your feedback on Corkscrew
byfLuger41
AG
I've been before braj! This ain't my first rodeo!

Just got the house, taking my hog up to Southern Star shortly!

They had blueberry cobbler today! DANK!
CDub06
AG
I STILL REQUIRE FEEDBACK
byfLuger41
AG
Woodlands/Spring area, TX foodie group had a event at Corkscrew today so instead of being first in line today I was 5th.

The food was snortable as usual & the blueberry cobbler was damn good. I ended up with the bark today too! It was all nomalicious!

[This message has been edited by Smith&Co1970 (edited 6/22/2013 1:53p).]
Pro Sandy
AG
Wife made King Ranch Chicken for supper last night. I made migas for breakfast this morning.

#foodblog
CDub06
AG
Ohhhh....you're male. That lends some context to my previous comments
Pro Sandy
AG
Some states allow women to have a wife.
GigemNick
AG
I had migas yesterday, too! And the day before. Thanks, Corpus!
Pro Sandy
AG
Oh snapola.

So, here's the situation in the kitchen. I like to take leftover Mexican food and make home-style, err casa-style migas by mixing them in with scrambled eggs and tortilla pieces.

Good meal, or great meal?

#foodblog
#thingsthatkeepmeupatnight

[This message has been edited by pro sandy (edited 6/24/2013 10:36a).]
GigemNick
AG
Great meal! Migas means crumbs and it's supposed to be made using the leftover "crumbs" of other meals. You're doing it right.
byfLuger41
AG
I had leftover Corkscrew yesterday which crushes any & all other leftovers, right CDUB.
Pro Sandy
AG
You aren't suppose to eat the corkscrew nor the cork...
CDub06
AG
Pro Sandy and GigEmNick eat like hobos
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Pro Sandy and GigEmNick eat like hobos

Is Nick the roommate you were telling me about?

The one who rented out the closet?
CDub06
AG
That was a different Nick...

When did we have this convo?

[This message has been edited by CDub06 (edited 6/24/2013 2:35p).]
Pro Sandy
AG
I thought nicks room was bigger than a closet...
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
That was a different Nick...

When did we have this convo?

[This message has been edited by CDub06 (edited 6/24/2013 2:35p).]

I was being sarcastic & hoping you would run with my comment, but you took it too cerealously...
CDub06
AG
Well you are a good guesser. A little too good...
CDub06
AG
I wonder if Pro Sandy and GigemNick would complain if they order migas at a Mexican restaurant and they bring them scraps from the other tables? Que tradicional!
Pro Sandy
AG
Dude, you've seen me eat food off the ground that we didn't drop...
Lex
binders was told to post this over here, but since I'm the better half of this equation I will. We think our house is haunted. Things fall, voices, a shadow monster and nightmares. What say you?

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 6/24/2013 8:40p).]
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 184

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.