Recruiting Update

361,499 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

The U15 and U16 players on this list are both committed to A&M
sharpdressedman
Appears to be a great addition to the team. Welcome!

ETA: sds Karen Halldrsdttir
redd38
AG

alamoaggie 64
Is Lychywick still a possibility
redd38
AG
Four keepers seems like a lot, I wonder who transfers.
HiddenAg2
I forgot about the new signing period for soccer, so I've updated the class of 2019 on the front page. The big surprise is the addition of Taylor Zeimer from Virginia after a stint in Europe playing professionally for ADO Den Haag in The Netherlands. She still has 2 years of eligibility and was a 5-star recruit in 2016. She was a star at Virginia and will really help Watt up front next season and will get to play with her sister Tera again. I'm going to add her as part of this class because she did not play collegiate soccer in 2018.

TDS does not have A&M among its Top 20 classes for 2019 and this is the first time in a while that A&M has not signed a Top 50 prospect out of high school according their rankings. Ali Russell is close at #52 and for some reason Katie Smith's stock has been steadily falling as she checks in at #112. The two goalkeepers are relative unknowns but we know that this is Coach G's specialty so I'm not worried about it. When you factor in the addition of Zeimer to this class (a proven 5-star talent), A&M would certainly rank in the Top 15 classes for this cycle. To be honest though, we need to step it up a bit in recruiting if we want to compete on a national level after the 2019 season.
oklaunion
How does one play professionally and then regain collegiate eligibility in the same sport?
Giggem
AG
This class looks very good. Adding to the great young talent we already have, I'm excited about the future.
FalconRT90
oklaunion said:

How does one play professionally and then regain collegiate eligibility in the same sport?

The better term would be played with professional side. It would be like semi-pro, you do not get to take pay.
redd38
AG
Still time to add to this class, but just 1 girl from Texas is interesting.
Here4goodSoccer
Virginia took one of ours and now we took one of theirs (sorta). I'm very surprised Taylor Ziemer is coming to A&M, but I was more surprised that she left Virginia. She was pretty fun to watch at Virginia and in my opinion very physical. Should be a great add with her international experience as well.
HiddenAg2
One of the reasons we're focused out of state is because we're losing out on top in-state prospects to the elite programs. Just flat out getting beat on the trail for them. And now we have to contend with a quickly rising Texas program that has the top 2 ranked prospects (and 3 five-stars overall) in the nation for 2021. We're not recruiting poorly, but we've slipped over the last 3-4 years since the 2014 class. If you look at the high attrition rate in the 2015-2017 classes due to either transfers out or injuries, that dip in the number of quality prospects has shown up on the field in those years and you see the results in our SEC record. Thankfully we had a bit of a bounce back year this season and should be really good next year, but farther out we could run into some issues again if we don't start signing more elite in-state prospects.
rugger74
AG
Hidden, Why are the sips recruiting better than us when SEC is strong and we fair better in post season.
HiddenAg2
rugger74 said:

Hidden, Why are the sips recruiting better than us when SEC is strong and we fair better in post season.
It's taken some time for Angela Kelly to get it going in Austin after her success at Tennessee, but now her program is improving every year as the talent increases. She did have a terrible 1st round loss in the NCAA tourney last week, but the future is bright as she continues to rack up wins on the recruiting trail in state, some of them at the expense of A&M unfortunately (especially in 2021). I'm not sure what the exact primer was for the turnaround, but she has broken through and has a Top 25 program now. They will be difficult to deal with down the road.
HiddenAg2
I've finally updated the remaining commits for the 2020 class. Keep an eye on Westyn Henderson as she gets more exposure nationally this coming season because I think we might have found a good one here under the radar. Also, Anderson Williams is really emerging as a star player for the Canada U-17 National Team as they continue their matches at the U-17 World Cup. This class is suddenly looking much more formidable than I had previously thought as there are some prospects here with high upsides.
HunterAggie
redd38
AG
Another Canadian #yessir?
TRM
AG
He's quoting a tweet talking about Andersen Williams, so I don't think we have another commit, but you never know.
HiddenAg2
Yeah, he's referring to the story on Williams, who is committed to A&M. I watched her last game in the World Cup and she is very athletic and strong on the ball, can make good reads and decisions quickly, and has a knack for getting to the ball for a shot on goal. She has a chance to be a special player for us in 2020.
redd38
AG
I think that's improper use of #yessir
AgsSoccerFan
I have seen a lot of talk about us losing 2 highly ranked North Texas kids to TU. I advise to watch this, as, having seen them play, I do not think they will translate to highly-coveted college stars. One is too small and doesn't have the speed to play forward, and definitely doesn't have the build to play midfield, especially in the Big 12. I'm not sure where she will end up playing, but I don't see this as a huge "loss". On the other, she is hot and cold - one game she is involved, and many others you'd be surprised to learn she was on the field. I know these rankings are highly followed, but not sure they're entirely accurate in many cases.
oldfart79
when you never get over the hump the kids know it and will go were they have a shot of getting a title, i know there are alot of young passionate coaches that would love to have a shot at the talent weve had. im sure the new alth director is aware of it also. if its does look like hes makeing any move up ward a change will be made. no more excuses win
oldfart79
redd38
AG
oldfart79 said:

when you never get over the hump the kids know it and will go were they have a shot of getting a title, i know there are alot of young passionate coaches that would love to have a shot at the talent weve had. im sure the new alth director is aware of it also. if its does look like hes makeing any move up ward a change will be made. no more excuses win

Nothing brings out the delusional like the off-season.
mullokmotx
AG
I'm wondering how G is going to handle having 4 keepers on the squad. The writeup on Shantel Hutton says she has also played center mid so maybe she could add some depth there.
redd38
AG
HiddenAg2
Might have picked up a commitment at the College Cup weekend as all the best club teams and coaches from around the country are there watching and then playing games.
HiddenAg2
I've finally updated the 2021 and 2022 classes. Georgia Leb is a big time prospect that could be A&M"s highest rated prospect since Harvey in 2014.
HiddenAg2
The new commitment is Carissa Boeckmann, a midfielder from San Antonio who plays for Classics Elite in the ECNL. She received some attention this past Summer at the id2 National Camp. We'll see if she starts moving up the recruiting charts soon in the 2021 class. Thanks to BBGigem for the inside info.
alamoaggie 64
Re: Taylor Ziemer. How does she come back to play in college after playing professionally?
ol' army '65
AG

Daria Britton played at Alamo Heights and with Classic Elite. She is transferring from High Point University. She will be a sophomore.
mullokmotx
AG
Have not seen anything official on Daria Britton. It may be that her semester has to be completed at High Point before it is announced. She is a 6' 1" defender and played 310 minutes in 12 of High Point's 19 games this fall, so she should be a sophomore in eligibility. Top Drawer Soccer had her as a 2 star coming out of high school.
By my count that should be 25 players on the roster next fall if there are no more changes.
redd38
AG
Her dad is really tall
redd38
AG

She's a 2022 defender from Georgia (and Zach Calzada's sister)
mullokmotx
AG
Top Drawer Soccer has her as a 3-Star defender. Top Drawer Soccer also says Abby-Lee Sanogo, a 3-Star defender from Plano, has committed. Both are class of 2022.
mullokmotx
AG
Looks like 2020 commit Barbara Olivieri Katy Tompkins team is playing in the 6A state semifinal Friday.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.