Recruiting Update

361,379 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
HiddenAg2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just added the commitment of Laney Carroll for 2020, a top prospect out of Southern California. Great to see Coach G get back into SoCal and I'm not sure A&M has signed a prospect from Legends FC. She is a terrific and very productive striker and has a lot of experience playing in national cirlces on the U.S. National Teams. This really helps boost the 2020 class, which I was really worried about. We will have to start signing some more out of state prospects to make up for losses in-state in the 2020 and 2021 classes.

Also added the commitment of GK Shantel Hutton for the class of 2019 out of Atlanta, GA (Atlanta Fire United). She might be the first prospect from Georgia that Coach G has signed. Not much is known about her at this point except she plays for a solid ECNL club.
redd38
AG
Another #yessir tonight
AggieZman
AG
I had the pleasure of meeting Shantel Hutton this past weekend. She and her Dad came to Ali's H.S. game Friday night and then we had lunch with them before the game in College Station on Saturday. She is a great young lady and will be a great representative of A&M. She is probably 5'11" to 6.0' and very athletic looking. I think she is going to be a nice surprise and addition.
redd38
AG
We have our first (?) 2021 commitment from Makhiya McDonald, a forward for Solar Soccer Club
HiddenAg2
Added the commitment of Makhiya McDonald. She is a good start for 2021 after missing on her top ranked teammates who went to Texas.
Expert Analysis
AG
Another yessir? Or was that for McDonald?
Diego
AG
Might be Georgia Leb
Smokedraw01
Alli Russell and Barb are playing against each other right now in the regional final.
mullokmotx
AG
Who won?
jessexy
AG
Makhiya McDonald is a beast. Her dad is a principal that I work with and have done career days at his school several times. Superior talent.
Smokedraw01
mullokmotx said:

Who won?

Cinco won 3-0 in OT and advanced to state. They were defeated 4-3 in PKs today.
"If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into *******s all day, you're the *******." – Raylan Givens, "Justified."
redd38
AG
Another #yessir from G
Expert Analysis
AG
Maile Hayes, 2021
Diego
AG
Expert Analysis said:

Maile Hayes, 2021
A very talented attacking player. Similar to Emily Bates. Can play midfield, wing or forward. Fast, hardworking, creative.
mullokmotx
AG
It will be interesting to see how the new NCAA recruiting rules impact soccer in the next couple of years. Hidden identifies 4 current sophomores and 1 freshman at the beginning of this thread that are committed. The new rules really limit contact until September 1 of a player's junior year, so can G contact the freshmen who are committed prior to September 1, 2019? I think the new rules take effect this summer.
redd38
AG
#yessir
redd38
AG
Another #yessir! We don't even know who the last one was for yet.
redd38
AG
Yet another #yessir, who are all these people
Expert Analysis
AG
Westyn Henderson, 2020 is todays Yessir.
DuncanField91
AG
mullokmotx
AG
I found some info on Westyn Henderson. Looks like she helped her McAllen team make it to the 6A state semifinals last month. Did not see anything on her on the Top Drawer Soccer site. Macy Matula is class of 2021 and is listed on the Top Drawer soccer site. I don't think I've seen us get so many commitments from high school freshmen before.
AggieZman
AG
Don't be surprised if Macy's younger sister gets on this train soon.
redd38
AG
Westyn's dad (mom?) is a long-time TexAgs member
https://texags.com/forums/25/topics/2951686
CDub06
AG
Westyn's (Aggie) parents post on Premium. They shared this hudl video

CDub06
AG
Don't you scoop my scoop.
redd38
AG
CDub06 said:

Don't you scoop my scoop.

You have to wake up pretty early in the morning to scoop ol' Redd38 (like at least 11:30am).
DuncanField91
AG
redd38
AG
So we have Macy and Margo Matula, in the 2021 and 2023 classes respectively. I'm so old.
redd38
AG
redd38 said:

vwbug said:

Heard Coach G talking to Gabe this morning about the recruiting class. He was is Iceland. Who is he recruiting in Iceland?

I don't know, but I bet she has a cool last name like Thorsdottir or Odinsdottir or Lokiscousin.

I was pretty close on the name

(Halldor means "rock of Thor" btw)
CDub06
AG
Can't wait to see the Icelandic flag flying at Ellis!

I liked your Lokiscousin joke btw.
redd38
AG
CDub06 said:

Can't wait to see the Icelandic flag flying at Ellis!

I liked your Lokiscousin joke btw.

Thanks, it's one of the best Norse jokes I've ever made.
redd38
AG
She's a great pickup btw. She's going to fill a big need for us this fall.
redd38
AG
#yessir
Giggem
AG
You just can't replicate things like true international experience she's had. Looks very promising. Can't have enough experienced scorers.
fasthorse05
I loved Dave South, but Holy Cow, I can't imagine what he would come up with for THAT last name!

BTW. ya think there's going to be any temperature acclimation with her?
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.