Recruiting Update

361,525 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just picked up a commitment from Kenna Caldwell in the 2019 class. A goalie from CO
redd38
AG
Apparently Chloe Davis decommitted?
mazzag
AG
Maybe considering sips? Two 2019 Lonestar girls committed to them. She's 2020?
Smokedraw01
AggieZman said:

Ali is very excited about joining the team. She played H.S. soccer with Sophie Salvarino here freshman year at Cinco. They made it to the the State Playoffs and somehow gave up a 3 goal lead to the eventual State Champions in the Semi Final game. Ali looks forward to playing with Kendall Bates and some of the other girls from the 2018 Class. She has played against a quite a few of them because she plays up (with the '00 ECNL Group), so a several of the girls from Dallas and Oklahoma, she is fairly familiar with.

Ali was helping to recruit Diana Ordonez, for they were at National Camp together. She was disappointed when she changed her mind. She is currently communicating on a regular basis with the other girls two girls from the class. They are all going to be there early so they can play in the Spring with the team and get used to the coaches and the demands.

Ali committed at the beginning of her freshman year, I believe right after school started. She was originally going to wear #1 when she came to campus, but as you know Ally Watt red shirted the year she played on the U-20 National Team, so she will now be there my Ali's freshman year. I don't know if anyone will wear #12 next season, but in 2019, Ali will proudly wear that number. That number really means something at A&M and she is honored to get to wear it. She liked watching Haley Pounds and now is excited she gets to not only wear that number, but get to play a season with Ally Watt.

Alli is a great kid and a fierce competitor. I'm glad she will sign with the good guys.
redd38
AG
mazzag said:

Maybe considering sips? Two 2019 Lonestar girls committed to them. She's 2020?
Oddly enough, TDS has two different defenders named Chloe Davis on Lonestar SC. One is 2018, which still shows committed to Texas A&M and one is 2020 and is committed to Rutgers.

The Lonestar SC website just has the 2020 girl from what I can tell. Maybe she quit soccer?

TDS also lists Catiana Lychywek as a 2018 commit for A&M, but that is apparently incorrect also.

I think maybe TDS is just wrong.
mazzag
AG
I dunno. There is a Davis that goes to Belton, I think is a sophomore and plays for Lonestar. She doesn't play for the high school team.
mazzag
AG
http://lone.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=3935620&player=254539055

This one is goes to Belton HS. Not sure where she committed.
mazzag
AG
She didn't quit but Lonestar went to DA so she "can't " play high school soccer.
redd38
AG
mazzag said:

http://lone.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=3935620&player=254539055

This one is goes to Belton HS. Not sure where she committed.

That's the 2020 Davis. Maybe the 2018 Davis doesn't exist (although TDS has a picture of her)

I have no idea what's going on.
mazzag
AG
Well sips suck and if Lonestar is funneling players to them after all of the praise G has sent them over the years, that stinks.
captainsubtext
The Solar website shows Catiana Lychwek as committed to A&M. She was formerly committed to Princeton.
redd38
AG
captainsubtext said:

The Solar website shows Catiana Lychwek as committed to A&M. She was formerly committed to Princeton.

She didn't sign with us yesterday though.
Here4goodSoccer
A quick Google search shows Chloe Davis 2018 that attends Belton HS doesn't exist. There is a 2020 Chloe Davis that made 1st Team All-District as a FR in 2017. I have a feeling someone input her profile wrong on TDS and never went in to delete it, but instead made a new one.
redd38
AG
There's also the strong possibility that she's a time traveler.
redd38
AG
I'm still confused by this Catiana Lychwek girl...

Solar thinks she signed a LOI

G thinks she didn't
Here4goodSoccer
It's been awhile since I've done the process, but maybe she is trying to walk on?
Diego
AG
Here4goodSoccer said:

It's been awhile since I've done the process, but maybe she is trying to walk on?
Or maybe she's headed to Texas A&M-Corpus Christi?
mullokmotx
AG
That Solar list had Karlina Sample, Macie Kolb and Kendall Bates as members. Looking around the internet apparently she is a forward.
CDub06
AG
A couple of sites had Catiana Lychywek committed to Princeton? Nothing on Princeton's site though.

http://www.stxsoccer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=869&start=20690

https://www.soccerwire.com/ncaa-womens-soccer-commitment-tracker-class-of-2018/
vwbug
Heard Coach G talking to Gabe this morning about the recruiting class. He was is Iceland. Who is he recruiting in Iceland?
redd38
AG
vwbug said:

Heard Coach G talking to Gabe this morning about the recruiting class. He was is Iceland. Who is he recruiting in Iceland?

I don't know, but I bet she has a cool last name like Thorsdottir or Odinsdottir or Lokiscousin.
HiddenAg2
I haven't been able to confirm anything on Davis or Lychywek. Hopefully we'll know something soon.
mazzag
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

I haven't been able to confirm anything on Davis or Lychywek. Hopefully we'll know something soon.

Davis is committed to Rutgers. Her sister Brianna quit the team and left school.
Diego
AG
Wicked Good Ag
Solar is still around. Man I played against them growing up in the late 70s. Is this one from Dallas area ??
DuncanField91
AG
New forward commit. Lauren Geczik 2020.

redd38
AG
G just tweeted out a #yessir
Giggem
AG
redd38 said:

2020 class shaping up !
redd38
AG
Giggem said:

redd38 said:

2020 class shaping up !

Who is it? I couldn't find a name
ol' army '65
redd38
AG
Taylor Pounds is the new commit. Midfielder in class of 2020, plays for Challenge SC.

(Sister of Haley)
HiddenAg2
I've added the recent commitments of Pounds and Geczik for 2020, and Caldwell for 2019. Very little information on these prospects right now as none of them are on any recruiting lists, but I expect that to change.

I've also gone ahead and added Catiana Lychywek to the commit list for 2018 even though there has been no announcement of her signing by A&M. TDS and Solar SC both list her as committed so I'll go with that for now until someone can verify it. This would be a huge pickup for A&M after losing Ordonez in the '19 class because Catiana is a national Top 50 prospect and one of the better forwards in the country. This would also move A&M's class into the Top 10-15 nationally.
redd38
AG
We really need another forward, I hope that Catiana thing works out.
Diego
AG
redd38 said:

Taylor Pounds is the new commit. Midfielder in class of 2020, plays for Challenge SC.

(Sister of Haley)
HiddenAg2
TDS just released their Top 15 recruiting classes for 2018 so far (I think they have one more update after all signees are announced from schools) and the addition of Lychywek made a big difference as A&M comes in at #11. The SEC really struggled this cycle with A&M the only school ranked highly. Only South Carolina and Vanderbilt are mentioned as others to watch (Top 25 level). Surprisingly, Florida had a weak class by their standards, and looking at their pipeline for '19-'21 has to be disturbing for their fans.

2018 Top Classes (number of Top 150 signees):

1. USC (4)
2. Stanford (6)
3. North Carolina (5)
4. Virginia (4)
5. Notre Dame (5)
6. Michigan (7)
7. Washington (4)
8. Duke (5)
9. Penn State (4)
10. Florida St (3)
11. Texas A&M (4)
12. Oklahoma St (3)
13. Arizona (3)
14. Harvard (3)
15. Princeton (3)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.