Recruiting Update

361,378 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
The Baylor roster is full of girls that wanted to play for A&M, she feel right at home there.
blake2003
AG
Can you please explain what Coach G's lack of integrity entails? That's a pretty broad brush to paint based on knowing one recruit.

Also, can you provide more details on her decommitting from Kentucky. That way we can fully understand how this person views integrity.

Thanks.
CDub06
AG
It'll be interesting to see how she does the next time A&M plays Baylor.

Oh, that's right... We haven't scheduled Baylor again after seeing how low class they were during our last meeting.
redd38
AG
We could see them in the NCAA tournament.

Oh, that's right... they haven't been in the tournament since 2012.
Penaltykick
I'd also be interested to know the nature of Coach G's "lack of integrity" and his being "grossly disingenuous". Severe characterization and one that reflects upon the entire program.

I don't personally know the player who is the topic of this discussion, so I don't have any first-person, first-hand knowledge of her recruiting experience with A&M. I do personally know many former, present, and future Aggie soccer players. I also know several players who did not end up as Aggies, despite either being recruited by Coach G and staff, or the players approaching A&M with interest. Those who did not select A&M had a variety of reasons - but not one ever mentioned a lack of integrity by Coach G.

If this player didn't get the financial offer she thought she deserved from A&M, then just say so. It's understandable that would be disappointing. With 14 full scholarships available (against a roster of anywhere from 23-33 players), coaches have to be very judicious with how they allocate those funds. I'm hard pressed to think that Baylol had a bucket full of money to give after signing day, and with such a large incoming class, but who knows.
92TXAG
AG
quote:
Can you please explain what Coach G's lack of integrity entails? That's a pretty broad brush to paint based on knowing one recruit.

Also, can you provide more details on her decommitting from Kentucky. That way we can fully understand how this person views integrity.

Thanks.

I will not discuss the "details" on this forum re a lapse in judgement that even Coach G would admit to, there's no profit in it.

The incidents that occurred on her trip to Lexington involved witnessing behavior by many players on the team that did not align with her character, moral values, nor her goals...
The short story, based on that experience, is she decided this was not the community / team that she wanted to be associated with or share life with...
redd38
AG
quote:
I will not discuss the "details" on this forum re a lapse in judgement that even Coach G would admit to, there's no profit in it.

Lol, you can't go on some libelous rant then pretend to take the moral high ground when asked to backup your defamatory comments. If you thought there was "no profit" in bringing this up then don't bring it up. But if you bring it up you better be ready to stand behind your claim with facts.

I don't know about Coach G's lapse in judgement, but your lapse is certainly clear.
Carnwellag2
sounds like german ag going on and on about how Coach G messed up and missed on ashley soccer. come to find out she was offered a lot of scholarship at baylol and very little by the aggies. The aggies didn't have the same value on her as the bears. that one turned out ok.

it isn't ok to come on a forum and defame someone because a kid you know didn't get an offer she wanted. You should be ashamed.
92TXAG
AG
your hyper-defensiveness is laughable & naive, at best...

don't know german, but I do know your assumptions are nothing less than incorrect & silly excuses

your focus on Julie James and the consequential damage of G's mishandling of her recruitment versus my point of supporting the recruiting efforts of SoCal says it all

you may flame away; I'll sit back and be humored by your continued, immature responses & attacks
TRM
AG
quote:
Coach G screwed-the-pooch by not inking the deal with Julie James; he missed out on a top-notch player and subsequently has burned bridges in north Texas
If he burned bridges in North Texas, why'd we get 2 recent commits from the Dallas area?
Carnwellag2
this sounds very familiar to this:

quote:
Well Coach G is missing Ashley York, and I am sorry for Aggie Soccer! He would not offer her a ship that she is getting at bu. She loves
A&M, wanted to come here, but Coach G passed her over.

quote:
She is a dynamo, cracking shot, tireless, very good technically... on the National team, and only got 1/2 the offer bayrol made.

It think G didn't get it ... Like old yellow teeth Mac Brown missing on Manziel in the other football, so G misses Ashley York.

You can Mark down G missed on a National Team player, that wanted to be an Aggie.

quote:
G simply missed a great one, but, Ashley will get to play for a better coach, too bad it's baylol

quote:
Correct, but I am an amateur evaluator and have seen FAR more of her training and matches against D1 talent.

You are speaking in general terms, this is a specific thread about a
specific miss from the coaching staff. You do what you can to get that
special player! If not you miss out.

So this player of yours decommitted from Kentucky the night before signing day? and then went to the school who had the most money available after signing their classes.
is this the type of player that a team sport would want to have?

CDub06
AG
quote:
your hyper-defensiveness is laughable & naive, at best...

don't know german, but I do know your assumptions are nothing less than incorrect & silly excuses

your focus on Julie James and the consequential damage of G's mishandling of her recruitment versus my point of supporting the recruiting efforts of SoCal says it all

you may flame away; I'll sit back and be humored by your continued, immature responses & attacks
I think everyone's issue is the fact that you brought this up, but really don't want to talk about it. Why post about it in the first place if it's something you don't want to discuss?

It seems to me like your only intent was to put a stake in the ground so you can come back in the future and say "I told you so" in the case that Ms. James is the dynamo you describe.
redd38
AG
quote:

So this player of yours decommitted from Kentucky the night before signing day? and then went to the school who had the most money available after signing their classes.
is this the type of player that a team sport would want to have?

I doubt she went to Baylor for the money, based on Baylor's class size and how late this girl joined the class. She picked Baylor because of her complete lack of integrity (don't ask for details, I'm not that kind of guy).
Giggem
AG
quote:

This is insane. 92txag, you anonymously post a severe accusation against G, assaulting the man's integrity and intelligence. Other posters who support this team and its coach ask you for the basis of that attack, and you accuse them of "flaming" and being immature. Is this all you do -- attack everyone who disagrees with you or asks you questions? C'mon, if there are actual facts that support your defamation of one of women's soccer's icons, let's hear it. If not, then it's clear you are just an angry person flaming on G and seeking attention for reasons that are not supportive of A&M athletics. That's immature.
Here4goodSoccer
I know the ECNL Finals in Seattle are a few months away, but I was wondering if the group would be interested to hear a final update of the ability of the incoming players that have committed for the 2015 season (yes, I know they're already good). I'm no HiddenAg, but I did play D1 soccer in college and club for a Houston area team, so I think I have some experience in analyzing other players.

If y'all are not interested, no biggie saves me a drive, just thought I would offer.
Penaltykick
Heck yeah, Here4good! Would love to hear how some of our incoming players do during the championships. Which of our commits will be there?
HiddenAg2
quote:
quote:

This is insane. 92txag, you anonymously post a severe accusation against G, assaulting the man's integrity and intelligence. Other posters who support this team and its coach ask you for the basis of that attack, and you accuse them of "flaming" and being immature. Is this all you do -- attack everyone who disagrees with you or asks you questions? C'mon, if there are actual facts that support your defamation of one of women's soccer's icons, let's hear it. If not, then it's clear you are just an angry person flaming on G and seeking attention for reasons that are not supportive of A&M athletics. That's immature.
I think everyone here knows I have been pretty critical of Coach G over the years, but even I have to say this is just a ridiculous accusation from 92txag with no real facts to back it up. As far as I know Coach G's integrity has never been questioned and by all accounts he is a good man who is admired and liked by most former players and in the soccer community.

Recruiting in soccer is very difficult because of the scholarship limitations and managing how much of a full scholarship to offer a recruit is challenging when you are competing with smaller (less prestigious) schools that will offer a full ride. A&M has lost out on plenty of top recruits that, even though offered more scholarship money to come to A&M, would rather go to Duke, UCLA, or Stanford for less money because of the academic prowess of those schools.

In this case, it's possible that while Coach G offered a partial scholarship to this recruit, he couldn't honor the full amount originally offered at the last minute before signing day because that money had already been used elsewhere.
Here4goodSoccer
From my understanding of ECNL (started after my club years ended) the Seattle event is the U-14 & U-18 national finals where the top 16 teams fight for the trophy. I am assuming Sting or the Texans will be making a trip up there, so those 3 (?) players.

Also, from my understanding, the playoffs for U-15 to U-17 Nationals will be there so I'm sure one or two more girls will be competing because the pool of teams is 32.

I could be completely wrong about who will be here, but I'll check the closer the event is. I meant to go last year, but I mixed up the dates.
ENG
AG
ECNL U14 & U18 finals are in Seattle come June.

U15-U17 semifinals in Seattle then finals in Richmond.
mullokmotx
AG
G put out a tweet a few weeks ago that Emily Bates set a new record for goals scored in a season with 88. I see her team lost in the regional final though. 88 goals in like 25 games is amazing.
jessexy
AG
Addie McCain has committed to the Ags. Sophomore at Wylie East. U17 WNT player. I think FCD ECNL(?)
redd38
AG
Anyone know anything about Ana Cruz transferring?
Carnwellag2
anyone heard from 92txag or german ag. i need of a good chuckle
Penaltykick
I also heard that Ana was leaving/transferring but don't have anything to confirm that, or where she is going.
redd38
AG
Just saw another source confirming that Ana is leaving. That's a shame, I thought she had a good spring.
redd38
AG
Sophie Salverino has committed to the Aggies! She's a forward in the 2017 class from Katy.
redd38
AG
I wonder if Coach G's daughter, who is going to be at A&M this Fall, is going to play with the team at all.
mullokmotx
AG
With the transfers of Liz and Ana, I count 21 on the roster for this fall so there is 1 spot available. Liz shows up on the OU roster on their website.
redd38
AG
There can be more than 22 on the team
Brick Tamland
When will class of 18 recruiting pick up? Wondering because my cousin is a defender at Consol and is pretty damn good. Wants to go to A&M, but will really go anywhere to play soccer. She plays on a really good club team as well. I know that they just completed their freshman year, just looking more into the next year or two.
Brick Tamland
Disclaimer: I will not bash G if he doesn't offer my cousin at all
redd38
AG
The first 2018 recruits have just recently started committing (not to A&M yet), it won't really get going big until early next year. If G is interested in her then she should already be on his radar though.
Brick Tamland
Thanks
jeffk
AG
quote:
Disclaimer: I will not bash G if he doesn't offer my cousin at all

~Brick Tamland, June 2015

Marked for posterity's sake.
jeffk
AG
So is 92txag a family member, family friend, club coach of JJ or what?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.