Recruiting Update

361,455 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good thing Coach G can overcome the talent deficiency and still get us in the top 25.
CDub06
AG
Well we have some pretty darn good players on the team as is so good thing we don't have to solely rely on freshmen. These ratings are very subjective anyway (especially the further you get down the list). And we have some pretty good talent coming in down the road to fill any gaps.

I'm not at all concerned by Chris Henderson's judgement of our freshman class. I am just glad he does focus on women's college ball. It gives us something to talk about in the days leading up to kickoff.

[This message has been edited by CDub06 (edited 7/29/2013 2:52p).]
redd38
AG
Apparently we've gotten our first 2016 commitment!

Jenna Byers, a midfielder from Oklahoma.
HiddenAg2
Yeah, saw that yesterday. I'm researching and will add her shortly.
HiddenAg2
Jenna Byers now added. A good mifielder with height! Will help offset all the other shorter midfielders around her.

Soccer recruiting is really done too early though as we've seen first hand over the last few years that some highly rated girls at 15-16 years old don't pan out once they are 18-20 years old in college. 2.5 years before she will sign in this case.
CDub06
AG
Glad we landed someone on such a big recruiting weekend. Anyone know how many recruits we had on campus this weekend?
blake2003
AG
Mary Grace Schmidt's little sister was in town (potential commit)... as was Mikela Harvey (already committed).
Diego
AG
There is only one Senior starter (Lenz) on this year's team.
redd38
AG
bump
ol' army '65
AG
It is my understanding that Mikaela Harvey and Haley Pounds, both Class of '14, may be enrolling at mid term. Gig 'em!!!
Penaltykick
I believe '14 commit Stephanie Malherbe is also enrolling at the semester.
Diego
AG
BTHO everybody next year!
EclipseAg
AG
Saw via her club's Twitter feed that Haley Pounds is definitely enrolling at A&M for the spring.
JakeFlannery
Very nice
dmd3txag
AG
Great info Hidden!
CDub06
AG
This bump got me excited
redd38
AG
Jordan Hill has committed to A&M. She's a 2016 Defender (although I've seen her listed as defender, midfielder, or forward) from Plano.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-player-profile/jordan-hill/pid-10023850
http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/teams/62561624/30000657-62562502/63012004.html

[This message has been edited by redd38 (edited 1/11/2014 1:05p).]
Quiet Man
AG
Outstanding. Looks like this is Greg Hill's daughter.
mullokmotx
AG
On Texags radio a few months back he said his daughter played soccer.
CDub06
Diego
AG
sharpdressedman
Greg will always be a fan favorite. Great to have his daughter in the fold!
redd38
AG
Speaking of relatives of Aggies committing...

Margaret Schmidt has committed to Texas A&M. She is, of course, the sister of Mary Grace Schmidt. She's a class of 2015 Defender or Midfielder.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/teams/49564626/29739343-49564716/38281621.html

[This message has been edited by redd38 (edited 1/17/2014 10:32a).]
alamoaggie 64
I see where we got 3 of the 4 2014 players at midterm. Are we still in line to get Paulson on signing day?
blake2003
AG
I love when a sister commits... For obvious reasons!
HiddenAg2
Updated with recent commits. Jordan Hill could be a real star for A&M with her athletic bloodlines.
jessexy
AG
Hill is a Dallas Sting player. superior athlete but have heard some negatives also.
mullokmotx
AG
Regomeorarding the above comment, let's not forget that being the class of 16 she is a sophomore in HS playing her sophomore season right now. Plenty of time to improve.
redd38
AG
quote:
Regomeorarding the above comment...

Huh?
aggiehawg
AG
Hey folks. TexAgs regular but not on the soccer board until now. Just wondered what you guys thought about Cailey Elder from Austin? She's the daughter of my best friend and has been a standout center back in HS. She would love to be at A&M. She'll graduate mid-term this year and would be able to enroll next spring.
redd38
AG
quote:
Hey folks. TexAgs regular but not on the soccer board until now. Just wondered what you guys thought about Cailey Elder from Austin? She's the daughter of my best friend and has been a standout center back in HS. She would love to be at A&M. She'll graduate mid-term this year and would be able to enroll next spring.

How much does she love A&M? Like a will-only-go-to-A&M-if-offered-a-full-scholarship sort of love? Or a will-turn-down-a-full-scholarship-from-Baylor-to-walkon-at-A&M sort of love?
TRM
AG
quote:
How much does she love A&M? Like a will-only-go-to-A&M-if-offered-a-full-scholarship sort of love? Or a will-turn-down-a-full-scholarship-from-Baylor-to-walkon-at-A&M sort of love?
aggiehawg
AG
Her Dad is rich. Scholarship is not a money issue. She wandered for awhile, took visits, but now wants to be at A&M. Her parents are fully behind this. But she needs to be offered to know Coach G wants her.

She has other offers, but hasn't committed. If he offers, she'll commit.
randy828
AG
Has she contacted Coach G? He actually does reply...I had a friend from Brazil that wanted to come play soccer and go to school here in the states. (She is actually here now, but playing in a professional league up in Washington state).

I sent an email to G and he was very nice in his reply. Stated he wanted to see video and anything else, but he also said it is very difficult to get an offer from A&M because of the quality he pulled in. Which we can see year after year is a fact. I was really surprised and impressed that he took the time to respond. I forwarded all his information to my friend, but she seemed to back off and I was surprised when she told me she was finally coming to the States.

Good luck!
mullokmotx
AG
I meant "regarding" rather than "Regomeorarding". The cursor doesn't move sometimes when I type and I forgot to proofread before I hit SUBMIT.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.