Recruiting Update

361,507 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
QuitetObserver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
8. Taylor Smith, F (Solar SC) - Uncommitted

2012 Taylor has chosen Florida State
HiddenAg2
Taylor Smith de-committed from Florida St several months ago. I have not seen anywhere that she re-committed to them.
jessexy
AG
reffed Solar 94 again today and they are really good. they werent really interested but still showed that they can play. the other role players were more involved.

Also saw Feet 93 and they are just unbelievable. they'll probably win Nationals again. Streight dominated in the back and Ubogagu was just the most dangerous soccer player ive seen all year. she'd compete with boys in her age group, IMO.
HiddenAg2
A&M has picked up a late 2012 commitment from Britt Blackwell. See new update above.
stxsoccer
Great update! Checked out the rest of this class and sounds like it might have alot of hidden talent. You might want to update Leonard though. TopDrawer has her as a 4-star recruit and #15 in Texas region.
HiddenAg2
I'm going to scout Leonard for myself this summer for sure. I don't really trust the evaluation skills of Top Drawer Soccer, especially after seeing their laughable exclusion of Annie Kunz from their Top 100 and their underrating of Meghan Streight, who was just named the Gatorade Player of the Year in Texas for 2011.
Willie_Mac
AG
excellent info. i had not seen this thread before. good job

This has got to be the next national championship that we should win...of course after our second football championship is won next season

[This message has been edited by elpechis (edited 5/25/2011 11:20p).]
redd38
AG
We'll win at least 3 more track and field championships before we win a soccer championship
HiddenAg2
The 2011 class is indeed a special group, an elite level class ranked in the Top 5 nationally. However, it's important to point out that while our recruiting has improved lately, A&M still pales in comparison to the talent level at schools like Stanford, UCLA, and North Carolina.

For the 2012 and 2013 classes, Stanford will sign around 5-6 players and ALL of them are elite national level prospects that have U.S. National Team experience. UCLA and UNC are not far behind this standard. In comparison, A&M's 2011 class (maybe the best in school history) only has 3 out of 10 signees with that type of experience. I say all this just to caution those that think A&M should be expected to win national championships over these schools in the future. Our roster is still not in the same league as those teams yet. We still have a ways to go in recruiting to be on a level playing field with them.
CDub06
AG
But we have heart.
CDub06
ag58
Trying to keep this thread on first page.
HiddenAg2
I have added updates and/or links to articles for Kelley Monogue, Shea Groom, Allie Bailey, Katie Perry, Annie Kunz, and Britt Blackwell.
HiddenAg2
Bump for those wanting to read about the incoming freshmen.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Thanks for the updates!
OasisMan
AG
lol just watched Annie Ks vid, she is ridiculous
ag58
Hate to show my age but what does this sentence mean?

Bump for those wanting to read about the incoming freshmen.

Thanks

Keep'em moving Colonel, a man that eloquent has to be saved.
redd38
AG
it means this thread had fallen off the first page of threads and by posting in this thread he "bumped" it back to the top of the list
AgSoccer2007
AG
So Hidden, explain how Streight is the Gatorade POY for the state but topdrawersoccer has her listed as #19 in the state...

Regional 20 Ranking:
#19 - 2011 Texas
redd38
AG
Cause its all real subjective
AgSoccer2007
AG
but the difference between top 5 and #19 just seems like we are almost getting to the point of ridiculousness... 18 better soccer players in the state ?? but gatorade looked past all of them because streight had that much better academics and community service? i dunno...
AgSoccer2007
AG
all i'm saying is that gap seems like somebody's opinion of player quality is seriously suspect, be that topdrawersoccer or gatorade, i dunno
HiddenAg2
If you read through this thread you'll see my thoughts on Top Drawer Soccer's ability to evaluate prospects. Yes, they do get many of them correct, however, there are quite a few laughable rankings and complete ignorance of some great players out there as well. I will never forgive them for their ridiculous shunning of Annie Kunz from their Top 100 list. If you ask any of the nation's top college coaches (Dorrance, Waldrum, etc.) they would all have Annie in their Top 25 prospects nationally. It's truly mind-boggling that a freaking PARADE All-American and 2-time Colorado Gatorade player of the year isn't among their top 100.

As far as others go, obviously Meghan is a great player, she is the Texas player of the year, but because she's such a tweener (D/MF) I think TDS didn't know what to do with her. I've seen her play and she is very good, the QB of her D'Feeters team for sure. Leigh Edwards is extremely underrated after evaluating her on the field and on tape. She has the ability to get wide and stretch a defense quickly, which is a valuable commodity in the women's game, so she should be in the Top 100 as well. The rest of our class is fairly rated I guess, although I think Allie Bailey is a Top 20 prospect for sure.

The bottom line is that TDS does an adequate job of rating prospects, but you have to take it with a grain of salt. I trust my own evaluations over anything they have on that site. When I see a truly special player such as Alex Arlitt (LSU bound) not even given the time of day over there, it's really embarrassing for them. I believe I probably have a higher hit rate than they do when it comes to evaluating kids in person, but really it comes down to fit for a particular school in how they will work with whatever scheme/formation that a coach utilizes. That's why Anson Dorrance has several off-the-radar prospects that become superstars in his system. Coach G has been fairly good at that as well.

For Aggie fans, all I know is that Coach G has hit a home run with this class. This group can reach the College Cup for sure if we can stay healthy.

[This message has been edited by HiddenAg2 (edited 7/15/2011 10:24p).]
Hand Of God
AG
quote:
This group can reach the College Cup for sure if we can stay healthy.

As soon as this happens, I'll never criticize or complain about G again. I said the same thing about Blair. I didn't think he could beat Baylor during the Griner era. Mulk had his number. Not only did he beat them, but he took a little more on the way.
sharpdressedman
Great work, Hidden. Thanks.
kadejonah
Hidden thanks for all your work it makes it easier for the casual aggie soccer fan like me.

I had a question though, earlier you said that we had the inside track for abby smith that post was really old as in 2010 but I was wondering if we could still get her seeing as we have three goalkeepers committed in the coming year?
kadejonah
Never mind found where she committed to texas. Thats a shame.
RAB88
AG
ttt
HiddenAg2
Added new commitment profile for Elizabeth Keester. Big time pickup for A&M.
AGShouse
AG
I took a few minutes and went the Top Drawer top 100 for the class of 2013. It looks like about 80 to 90% of them are committed. If hope to sign 5-7 that leaves a few left to get committed.

Any idea who we are working on to fill the last 3-5 slots?

A couple of fast defenders would be nice. Looks like will need some with people like Ok St signing some quality forwards.

GIG'EM 85'

redd38
AG
Hidden- do you have any input on how other schools did this year? Particularly Texas and Missouri who, according to another website, have better incoming classes than us this year.
HiddenAg2
I'm currently working on my recruiting rankings for 2011. Should have it up soon. I think A&M will still come in ahead of Texas, but it will be close. Texas closed very strong with the addition of Wedermeyer, who defected from Stanford. I wouldn't trade our class for theirs though.
redd38
AG
Missori has three U-17 national team players.
redd38
AG
ESPNHS 150: Class of 2013
AgSoccer2007
AG
anything on there jumping out to anybody? not saying anything is for me just wondering if anyone noticed anything interesting

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.