Recruiting Update

361,518 Views | 1066 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Offside
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i didn't want to get everyone prematurely exciting by posting her name, or what school she's transferring from... she hasn't picked A&M yet, she's considering some other very good schools too.
AgSoccer2007
AG
if she shows up around the same time as that '11 class, we are gonna be stout at forward...
redd38
AG
she'd show up this fall
CDub06
AG
I imagine more details could come out over the weekend.
ag58
Been almost two weeks - any news?

Thanks

Keep'em moving Colonel, a man that eloquent has to be saved.
redd38
AG
she is transferring to a&m
HiddenAg2
I can't confirm this officially, but from what a few people told me this past weekend (and from a few UNC fans in the know) I believe it's a done deal that Mathias will be at A&M in the Fall. This will really help the forward position immensely as we are really thin right now with the loss of Kmezich and various nagging injuries to others. Mathias has lots of Youth National Team experience, so this is a big pickup for Coach G. I think she'll have a shot at winning a starting spot alongside Hooper and Hamilton up top in time to play her former teammates in August.
ag58
HA

Thanks for all your interest and input. You do good work!
EclipseAg
AG
Monogue just scored a nice header goal off a corner in the state championship match. Boyd 1, The Woodlands 1
rex59
Could someone fill in on the problems that the Texas soccer team is having. Someone mentioned it in an earlier post. Thanks
CDub06
AG
They haven't been a cohesive team. Petrucelli has been successful in recruiting individuals, but no team players. It's just a mess with all the egos and a coach that doesn't know what to do with them.
Aggie1205
AG
quote:
the loss of Kmezich

Huh? I must have missed this.
rex59
Thank you,CDub06.
redd38
AG
quote:
Huh? I must have missed this.

she's gotten a few concussions so she's not playing any more
HiddenAg2
See 4/20/10 update above. First commitment from the 2012 class in in.
happy days
Welcome to Texas A&M, Karlie.

Thanks for updates, Hidden.
CDub06
AG
South Dakota!
AEK
AG
Any more news on the prospective transfer???
HiddenAg2
Not officially, but I believe it's a done deal that Mathias will be at A&M in the Fall. She'll have a chance to start up top with Hamilton and Hooper, although Skelton/Mautz will be tough to beat out the way they are playing right now.
AEK
AG
Thanks for all you do HiddenAg...the updates are truly appreciated!
ag58
Hidden ag
Want to add my thanks also - if it weren't for you everyone would be in the dark!

Thanks again

[This message has been edited by ag58 (edited 5/4/2010 10:41p).]
AgSoccer2007
AG
skelton tore her ACL correct?? would that be keeping her out of action possibly this coming season?
HiddenAg2
I have not heard for sure about Nora, but I would guess she will be back in time for August practice. If she's not 100% then she'll probably redshirt and Mautz would be the full-time starter up top unless Mathias can beat her out.
bombardier
Annie Kunz, Gatorade Player of the Year, scores hat-trick in State Championship match.

She is the real deal, putting on an impressive scoring clinic.

http://photos.denverpost.com/photogalleries/sports2images/#id=album-114587&num=content-2234072
HiddenAg2
Good find on Kunz. I'll post her story on the main page.
AgSoccer2007
AG
her goals in the championship game. enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2q5eTJVOvI
CDub06
AG
Great footwork. She also benefited from some excellent passes.
AgSoccer2007
AG
Bump. This thread always deserves to be on top
ag58
I'll second and third that.

Keep'em moving Colonel, a man that eloquent has to be saved.
litig8r187
AG
Hidden, are you going to the Shootout. Anyone that needs to be watched?
HiddenAg2
Yes, I will be at the Houston Shootout this weekend. I won't see too many games, however, as I've already seen most of the top players who will be at the event. I will probably focus more on the 2012 and 2013 prospects. One of the big changes over the last few years is that most of the top prospects, because they play on elite club teams, only go to a few tournaments a year outside of USYS and ECNL club events. There seem to be fewer events to catch all the top players at one place. The emergence of the ECNL (Elite Clubs National League) will help a lot, however, as only the elite clubs will be in it and play against each other at four events per year.

This means that events like the Houston Shootout will eventually become a recruiting ground for mainly the 2nd and 3rd tier prospects for the smaller Division I and II schools and not worth the time of big time programs in BCS conferences. That's too bad, because the Houston event is a good one.
litig8r187
AG
Yea, I've watched some ENCL games. One of my daughter's teamates has a little sister on the Challenge ENCL team. She is a 2013 recruit I think.

Have fun at the Shootout. I'll be watching my daughter most of the time but will try and catch a few other games if any look interesting.

Thanks for your updates here!
AgSoccer2007
AG
any notable names going to be playing in the houston tournament? i may actually have a free weekend coming up and might try to go see some players
AgSoccer2007
AG
anything to report from weekend tourny?
HiddenAg2
Some thoughts on players from the 2010 Houston Shootout:

F Bianca Brinson (Lonestars SC) - See original post for update

D Meghan Streight (D'Feeters) - See original post for update

F Chioma Ubogagu (D'Feeters) [2011] - Has tremendous top speed and quickness and can usually finish when given the chance. She does need some improvement in her game, specifically dribbling into too many defenders and losing possession. Also at times disappears on the field for long stretches; needs to be more active and demand the ball from her midfielders. Overall an elite talent that will be a scoring machine in college once she is coached up properly. Committed to Stanford.

D Satara Murray (Lonestars SC) [2011] - In my mind, without question, she is the nation's best/most imposing defender. Probably the closest thing to a linebacker playing women's soccer today. She is so strong and athletic on the backline it's almost not fair for opposing forwards. She is fast, agile, and basically unbeatable in the air. I have never seen her actually beaten to a ball in the box on the ground or in the air. Opposing players are clearly intimidated by her and try to avoid going near her with the ball. Once she tracks someone on the ball going to the corner, it's over (similar to current Aggie Rachel Lenz). She has such command of the backline that at times she becomes bored during games. Of all the recruits that A&M has missed out on over the years, this is the one that will hurt the most because we will have to play against her for the next four years. A dominant future All-American at North Carolina.

F Allison Smith (Lonestars SC) [2011] - A very aggressive and hard-working forward, Allison is tall and strong on the ball, constantly creating scoring chances for her team. She teams with Bianca Brinson to form a strong duo up top. She wins a lot of balls in the air and can outmuscle defenders in the box for goals. A good pickup for Texas.

M Julie Arnold (Lonestars SC) [2011] - A solid midfielder who did not play a lot of minutes this weekend. Can control the ball well and makes good decisions when moving forward on the attack. Still needs some polishing to be ready for the rigors of the Big 12. Committed to Texas.

F Jordan Hatler (Challenge SC) [2012] - Very muscular build and strong on the ball, but very short for a forward. Will not win many balls in the air. Reminds me a younger Kim Casteleberry but nowhere near as fast. She has the strength to win any ball on the ground and can finish in the box very well. She outworks every player on the field, but sometimes is indecisive once she has complete control of the ball and is challenged. Needs to work on her passing skills. Overall a solid forward with a big upside. Uncommitted.

M Alex Arlitt (Challenge SC) [2012] - One of the most impressive prospects I saw all weekend, Alex is super quick and fast and gets separation very quickly from opposing players. Her work rate is good and she creates a lot of scoring opportunities by making great passes and getting into position at the right times. I would be tempted to play her at forward to see what she could do there. Very active and is always around the ball. Extremely underrated nationally to this point. Committed to LSU.

F Kylie Doniak (Slammers FC) [2012] - Very good forward for nation's #1 ranked team Slammers FC. Is always around the ball up top and is clearly the #1 option for her teammates any time the ball is passed forward. Is dangerous on the ball and has a great shot on goal. Very dangerous on breakaways and demands double teams from defenses. Should be a solid forward in college. Another probable Longhorn as her sister Kylie plays at Texas.

M Madison Krauser (So Cal Blues Pearson) [2012] - Good work rate in the midfield and is clearly her team's best player. The game comes through her in the middle of the field and she creates plays going forward. Positions herself well and sees the field better than most. Uncommitted.

F Taylor Smith (Solar SC) [2012] - Is considered one of the top 10 players in the nation by TopDrawerSoccer, but frankly I was disappointed. She has the measurables - quick, relatively fast and can create plays by herself, but I'd like to see more elite play from her in the future. At times looks frustrated and tired. Is not good in the air. Might need better conditioning although it was very hot out there. I'd like to see more top end breakaway speed for someone rated so high. She did show glimpses of greatness, one time battling through 2 defenders to score a late goal from a wide angle to win the game for her team. With some work should be an elite player in the future. Uncommitted.

M Glory Williams (Dallas Sting) [2012] - A strong midfielder that commands respect in the middle of the field. Good skill on the ball and delivers accurate passes. Not particularly fast. Could play defense because of her size. Need to see more of her to make a definitive analysis. Uncommitted.

There were others I watched as well, but I need more chances to see them before making a complete analysis. Some top prospects such as Caity Heap (Dallas Sting) and Heather Magee (Solar SC) were either injured or not with their teams this weekend.

[This message has been edited by HiddenAg2 (edited 6/7/2010 7:10p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.