FS: Homebrew Equipment (With Kegs)

2,458 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by studioone
green7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am selling off all my homebrew equipment. I have not used this in years and we are moving again and it is not worth taking to just sit. It is pretty much everything you need to keg or bottle but you would need to get a boil pot (I use it for seafood now). I would replace all the tubing as it is getting tacky and is cheap to switch out. The only other item missing is the refractometer. I broke it years ago and never bothered to buy a new one.

It can be picked up in Willis, Tx. Thinking $250 obo for everything.

Here is a list of what I saw:
  • 2 Corny Kegs
  • C02 Tank Dual setup with lines and connections (Empty)
  • Keg taps
  • Plastic fermentation bucket w/ lid
  • Glass carboy with stopper
  • Huge Funnel
  • Brushes for carboy & maybe a bottle brush? there is a smaller one as well
  • Brew thermometer
  • Spoon
  • Bottle caps
  • Bottle capper
  • Auto siphon
  • Bottler siphon
  • Fridge temp controller. Just plug in and route temperature probe inside fridge. This will keep your fridge at an exact temperature and I used to keep my kegs at an exact temp.
  • Iodine (old but probably fine)
  • Carboy / keg cleaner (needs to be replaced)
  • Extra corny gaskets (original ones)
  • Grain sack

Let me know if you have any questions.
AgsMnn
AG
Can a beginner use this?
green7
Was my beginner set. Got tired of bottling so went to kegging which is much less hassle.

Just need to get a Stainless Steel turkey pot. I had done the boil outside on my crawfish boiler but mainly did it inside on my stove top. Just be careful and mindful of boil over and you're good.
green7
Bump
Ag03 CQE
AG
Ball-lock or pin-lock kegs?
green7
Ball Lock
green7
Bump. Open to offers
maddiedou
AG
How hard was it to get a beer that you wanted to drink

I guess how many tries before you perfected the taste

I dont know if I read or somebody told me the measurements have to be exact everytime and each ingredient the same
green7
It is not that hard. Just like baking you need to follow the recipe but there is plenty of room for error. I never did full grain which requires a little more equipment. You can do all extract/syrup which is easy or I always did 1/2 grain 1/2 syrup which has more flavor.

My first beer I ever did was a stout and I thought it was good. Have done everything from a fruited hef to a copy cat St Arnolds x-mas ale.

Defalcos closed down years ago but that is where most this equipment (minus kegs) came from. They used to have samples of various beers they would make and I bought most my recipes there. Northern brewer is a big online shop and there might be other various stores around still.

Never made anything that was not drinkable.
zjacobson
Howdy!
I'm interested, could you text me?
(Nine7nine) 255-sixO8six
khkman22
AG
maddiedou said:

How hard was it to get a beer that you wanted to drink

I guess how many tries before you perfected the taste

I dont know if I read or somebody told me the measurements have to be exact everytime and each ingredient the same
It's not difficult if you are one to take your time and pay attention to what you do. Sure, things can go wrong. But even if you mess up and the flavor is a little off from one brew to the next when brewing the same beer, it doesn't mean it's undrinkable. It may just mean that your specific gravity was a little too high or low and the brew was more/not as efficient as the last brew. I would recommend BiaB (brew in a bag) if you get started. It may take a little larger pot than all/partial extract brewing, but I think the results are much better and it's not as in-depth as standard all-grain brewing. I switched to BiaB from partial extract brewing before I moved and took a hiatus, and I didn't have any problems. The main thing with brewing is to keep everything sanitized so you don't get an infection. If you can do that and follow a recipe, most anybody can do it.
Burnsey
AG
Would you sell the kegging equipment:
  • 2 Corny Kegs
  • C02 Tank Dual setup with lines and connections (Empty)
  • Keg taps
  • fridge temp controller
by itself? If so, what's your price?
green7
Responded sorry missed this.
green7
Maybe. Would like to see if I can sell the entire thing. To be honest the kegging equipment + controller is a majority of the cost.
green7
Bump back up
studioone
Anyone in the bus area, hit me up for honey in the summer.... We can split some mead..

darrin at avalonweddingsbcs dot com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.