Omega Dive Watches (Seamster Pro 300M and Planet Ocean)

2,846 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Irish 2.0
TheOC16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Feel free to reach out with any questions! I have more pictures and video ready to go. I live in College Station but travel around a bit (hitting DFW, Houston, and Austin all later this month).

Omega Seamaster Diver 300M
White Dial
TexAgs Price: $3,650

EXCELLENT Condition, Full Kit
April 2022 Warranty Card
Normal wear on clasp, otherwise pristine

Master chronometer, 8800 Co-Axial movement, 300m depth rating, quick-set date
antimagnetic to 15,000 gauss

Omega Reference: 210.30.42.20.04.001
https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-diver-300m-co-axial-master-chronometer-42-mm-21030422004001

*SOLD*
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean
Black Dial (43.5 mm)
TexAgs Price: $3,700

Full kit
September 2021 Warranty Card
Excellent condition. Tiny flea bite in crystal (pictured) at 9:00 (there is an extended warranty from Jared that will replace the crystal - I plan on having this done if someone doesn't purchase first)

Master chronometer, 8900 Co-Axial movement, 600m depth rating, jump
hour, antimagnetic to 15,000 gauss

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/watch-omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-600m-co-axial-master-chronometer-43-5-mm-21530442101001
AG
That Seamaster is pretty!
hondotex03
AG
Any speedmasters ?
TheOC16
AG
I have one slated to be sold tomorrow - if it were to fall through for some reason I can get back with you.

Are you interested in a particular model?
hondotex03
AG
Just the standard moon watch. I know there are a number of variations, which I good with most. I'm not opposed to the older, manual winding models either.

What's your connection to so many pre-owned omegas?
TheOC16
AG
I'm a degenerate watch addict and am constantly on the lookout for good deals.

Shoot me a pm if you want me to help you find a Speedy.
Kylecanada
Any chance you have access to newer model Rolex Sea Dwellers?
TheOC16
AG
I don't have one right now but I see them come across every few weeks (if you're referring to the 126600). Feel free to shoot me a pm if you want me to look for one.
Canyon99
hondotex03 said:

Any speedmasters ?

I've got a caliber 3861 that I might consider parting with if you have any interest.
Scott Sterlings Face
AG
My favorite watch by far! Good taste
IWannaGoFast1
AG
I know I'm in the minority, but I absolutely love the white dial Seamasters.
Kylecanada
Yes sir, the one with the red text is the preference. For whatever reason I can't PM. I'm usually a lurker so don't do much posting
JuCo CH46
I hate to derail but have to ask bc I bet you know. I went into a Breguet store (WOW!) and was talking to the salesman about high end watches. He said that Rolex, Omega, Breitling are sort of the same level of "higher end" while Breguet is true luxury watch. Is that true, and if so, of those three how do you rate them?
Scott Sterlings Face
AG
JuCo CH46 said:

I hate to derail but have to ask bc I bet you know. I went into a Breguet store (WOW!) and was talking to the salesman about high end watches. He said that Rolex, Omega, Breitling are sort of the same level of "higher end" while Breguet is true luxury watch. Is that true, and if so, of those three how do you rate them?

In my opinion but mainly my taste and preference:
1A Rolex
1B omega
2 Breitling
TheOC16
AG
I mean I could write an essay, even a book answering "Breguet is true luxury".

Look - EVERY watch today is a "luxury". Fossil's a luxury. No one needs a watch. We've got the time on our phones, our computers, our microwaves. Spending $200 on a Fossil to have something in your wrist is a "luxury" to some degree.

Luxury is totally subjective. To some (most) a $1,000 Longines is a luxury watch. To others Rolex isn't luxury.

The easier question to answer would be around the horology, finishing, history, etc. of the brands you mentioned. Breguet has a rich history in terms of mechanical advancements - their founder is kind of like the "Johnny Unitas" of watchmaking (invented the tourbillion). They sell more dress pieces and are focused on what are called "complications" (fancy things a watch can do outside of keeping the time).

The other three you mentioned are more known for their sports watches. So really I don't think the distinction is about luxury so much as it is class or niche. Where Rolex, Omega, and Breitling, and others share a similar sports watch DNA, Breguet would be compared more with A Lange & Sohne, FP Journe, Patek Phillipe, and AP (there's crossover and blurring of lines in all of those - just the way I see it).
ET1/SS Aggie
AG
I'll vouch for OP on this. I bought a sea dweller from him and couldn't be happier.
newbie11
I love omega. Have planet ocean in blue 38mm, aqua terre 38mm and a 1948. Gorgeous watches.

I'm still looking for a planet ocean in orange 38 mm with orange band.
AXISMEAT
AG
One day I'll spend the money on a "high end" watch. I can waste a lot of time watching watch repair videos on YouTube. Something about the intricacy of such microscopic parts that is very appealing to me. I recently started wearing a watch again (Fossil the wife bought me for an anniversary).
Scott Sterlings Face
AG
Sent you a DM
Farmers6
Just bought this one a few months ago.
permabull
AG
hondotex03 said:

Just the standard moon watch. I know there are a number of variations, which I good with most. I'm not opposed to the older, manual winding models either.

What's your connection to so many pre-owned omegas?

I am pretty sure all the speedmaster professional moon watches are manual wind, even the newest models. You are likely thinking about the speedmaster reduced which doesn't say professional on the dail. It is automatic but not considered to be a moon watch by most enthusiast.

I say buy whatever you like, just wanted to point that out so you have all the information before you make a big purchase.
KellerAg15
AG
TheOC16 said:

I'm a degenerate watch addict and am constantly on the lookout for good deals.

Shoot me a pm if you want me to help you find a Speedy.
Shooting you a PM about something I am casually in the market for.
TheOC16
AG
Replied
ashleyschaeffer
Shot in the dark, anyone have a Planet Ocean in 42 or 44.5mm?

Ideally looking for the 8500 calibre, would like to feel them on the wrist before deciding.

Wife got me a speedy for Christmas so down the worm hole I go. Aqua Terra GMT is also on my radar.
Irish 2.0
https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2759133/0

Ask in here
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.