WTB garage freezer

1,034 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maddiedou
GE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chest or upright. Not looking to spend much money. If anyone in the Houston area has one that works that you want to get off your hands let me know.
classicdoug
AG
Lowe's has them pretty cheap right now. The Lowes in Bryan has them stacked up high because the have so many.
Doc Hayworth
If it's for the garage, make sure it's a commercial grade, to keep the compressor from burning up due to cycling.
mts6175
AG
NM.
scd88
AG
I'm in college station and you can take mine if you want it. It's a 20 year old Aide by side Kenmore that was the basement fridge from 2006 to 2012. Changed the compressor when I moved to College Station in 2012.

Was in my utility room here from 2012 to the beginning of 2016 when it got moved to an attached garage and has been there ever since.

I'm moving and to another house and not taking it with me. I'm a little sad to part with it.
maddiedou
AG
classicdoug said:

Lowe's has them pretty cheap right now. The Lowes in Bryan has them stacked up high because the have so many.

Is this for sure. I have to get a upright within the next three months because I am buying a cow and I cant find one

I have not looked at lowes but I will today or tomorrow it has to be at least 16cf
mosdefn14
AG
I bought a 13cf Frigidaire (garage ready, auto defrost) from Lowe's website last Tuesday. It was delivered Friday. I think it was $629 or so.

I've been able to fit 1/4 beef inside 5.3cf, surely 13 would hold 1/2.
Doc Hayworth
You can definitely store more in a 13-14cf chest freezer than you can in a 21cf upright. I know, because I have both.
GE
AG
scd88 said:

I'm in college station and you can take mine if you want it. It's a 20 year old Aide by side Kenmore that was the basement fridge from 2006 to 2012. Changed the compressor when I moved to College Station in 2012.

Was in my utility room here from 2012 to the beginning of 2016 when it got moved to an attached garage and has been there ever since.

I'm moving and to another house and not taking it with me. I'm a little sad to part with it.
Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know if I'm able to find time to make it up there.
maddiedou
AG
Doc Hayworth said:

You can definitely store more in a 13-14cf chest freezer than you can in a 21cf upright. I know, because I have both.

The upright fits where I am trying to put it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.