FS - Logan Model 200 Lathe

2,945 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by IWannaGoFast1
Agineer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is a great machine. I'm selling to make space for other projects/machines. I've mostly completed the projects that I purchased it for and now have access to bigger machines. It is currently in my garage in the way of my wife's car. The ways are in good shape, all of the handles and knobs are present, and it runs very smooth and quiet. Dorian quick change tool post with 4 holders, Mitutoyo DRO (X axis has stopped working), power advance on cross feed and longitudinal axis. Original Steady rest, follow rest, and rocker style tool holders are included, as well as all of the change gears. I'll throw in some tooling and a dial indicator. 10 inch swing and 24" between centers. Three jaw chuck, live center, dead center, and 1/2" chuck. It runs on a regular 115v single phase.

This lathe has been well maintained and has always been dependable and repeatable. This would be ideal for a home garage or small shop. This would be the last small lathe you'd ever have to buy. It's smoother and quieter than the modern machines that I use. The Craftsman tool box is included, as it fits under the tray so nicely.

Email: texasagg11 at gmail

Price: $1,900 obo

highvelocity
AG
If I wanted to thread barrels, could this have that capability
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
Agineer
AG
It can definitely cut threads. Just a matter of using the correct change gears, fixturing, and tooling. I've never done any gunsmithing with it myself though.
FamousAgg
I'm in BCS anyone want split this thing and put it in a shared storage unit?
Agineer
AG
Bump with lower price
Agineer
AG
Bump for lower price. Will also consider trades.
skeetboy3
AG
what are you interested in for trades and how long of a barrel would fit?
Agineer
AG
Depends on diameter. There's 24" between centers. The spindle has an internal diameter to handle 3/4" work so if the barrel is less than that it could be quite long.

Here's a link to an original manual for these machines with tons more information. The motor and tool post have been upgraded but most everything else is still relevant. http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2093/3353.pdf

In terms of trades... pew pews, hunting/camping gear, gpu's, tools, dirt bikes, etc.
E-mail me what you got and we can talk.
skelso
AG
I dont know the seller or this specific machine but thought I would give my $.02 as it pertains to gunsmithing.

1) Logan lathes are sought-after in the hobby world because they are fairly rigid for their size. Rigidity translates to precision.

2) Based on the pics, this machine has been decently taken care of and looks like he has all or most change gears which are usually the first pieces to go missing.

3) You can thread barrels on a lathe this size but the 3/4 bore through the headstock will limit you so you'll have to get creative on work fixturing. The short bed will limit you to pistols and SBR barrels of any sizable caliber because you won't be able to use the headstock.

4) With the right work fixtures you can turn tubes and baffles for form 1 cans on this machine.

OP: If this doesn't sell here quickly, you should post to one of the hobby machinist groups on FB. I think it would sell quickly at this price point in one of those groups.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
skelso said:

I dont know the seller or this specific machine but thought I would give my $.02 as it pertains to gunsmithing.

1) Logan lathes are sought-after in the hobby world because they are fairly rigid for their size. Rigidity translates to precision.

2) Based on the pics, this machine has been decently taken care of and looks like he has all or most change gears which are usually the first pieces to go missing.

3) You can thread barrels on a lathe this size but the 3/4 bore through the headstock will limit you so you'll have to get creative on work fixturing. The short bed will limit you to pistols and SBR barrels of any sizable caliber because you won't be able to use the headstock.

4) With the right work fixtures you can turn tubes and baffles for form 1 cans on this machine.

OP: If this doesn't sell here quickly, you should post to one of the hobby machinist groups on FB. I think it would sell quickly at this price point in one of those groups.
Spot on comments. Was going to post the same until I saw yours.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.