New AirBnB Available in BCS

3,209 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by txxwildcard
gravitas97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My business partner and I just brought this "brand new" AirBnB property online yesterday, about 1.5mi from campus. We got a few weeks behind schedule, so hoping we can find some guests that have waited until the last minute to book for Alabama weekend! Currently available for all dates remaining in 2021 (including graduation, holidays, etc.).

The entire home was remodeled top-to-bottom, comfortably sleeps (9), but can accommodate up to (11), and designed for groups and families in mind. Please reach out if you have any interest or questions on booking the property. Thank you!!

Tanglewood Mid Mod

4br/2ba
~2300 sf
1 King, 2 Queen, 3 Twin, *Queen Air Mattress
Oversized, fully-furnished outdoor patio space and backyard
Open concept floor plan

happyinBCS
buy an ad, since you are charging 1400 a night you can afford it
gravitas97
happyinBCS said:

Have seen plenty of other AirBnB postings on TA so didn't figure it was an issue. Thanks for the business advice though.
Donny Hall
just make some posts to texags, ya know! get the word out!
Jbob04
AG
happyinBCS said:

Are you the forum police? What does his price have to do with your problem with him posting on here? You having a bad day?
gravitas97
Honestly, was trying to get the word out in case there were any Ags who waited until the last minute or bought last minute resell tickets and were now looking for a place to stay this weekend. From searching the short-term rental sites and hotels, almost everything in town is booked for the weekend.

Not anticipating it will get rented so last-minute, but if we can host some good Ags, we're all for it!
Jbob04
AG
You didn't do anything wrong. Good luck with the property, looks awesome. Don't worry about the miserable poster that responded to you.
Wicked Good Ag
I love the property but that is expensive at $1400 per night

Looks like you have worked really hard to get in shape for AirBnB hope it works out for you

happyinBCS
Having a great day old chap
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
happyinBCS said:

Username definitely doesn't check out!
gravitas97
Wicked Good Ag said:

Looks like you have worked really hard to get in shape for AirBnB hope it works out for you

Just for Alabama weekend. Pretty much nothing left for rent this weekend.

Will be back to regular rental rates after Friday...will be in line with local market rates.
ratfacemcdougal
Generally you cannot promote your business on the forums without buying an ad. If some one comes on and asks if there are any available bnb then you are wide open to respond. In the past, you could not start a thread to promote your business. That is why the "buy an ad response"
trouble
AG
You'd likely have more luck posting on the ticket exchange or the zoo than here.

Most of us live here and don't need an Airbnb. That house is in a lovely area though.
trouble
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

Generally you cannot promote your business on the forums without buying an ad. If some one comes on and asks if there are any available bnb then you are wide open to respond. In the past, you could not start a thread to promote your business. That is why the "buy an ad response"

Thank you for writing it much more clearly than I was going to.

And "buy an ad" is a long time running schtick on this board
gravitas97
trouble said:

You'd likely have more luck posting on the ticket exchange or the zoo than here.

Most of us live here and don't need an Airbnb. That house is in a lovely area though.
Would agree...thanks for the feedback!
gravitas97
ratfacemcdougal said:

Appreciate the feedback. Saw several posted on the RE forum from the last few weeks, so thought we'd give it a shot since it was last minute. Hadn't planned on posting anything going forward.
Jbob04
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

A texags staff posted on this thread.
legalbird
Not centrally located to Kyle field, but looks like a nice place. Be sure to get $$$ deposit money.
Donny Hall
Jbob04 said:

ratfacemcdougal said:

A texags staff posted on this thread.
im not a mod just a local bozo that works behind the scenes making video stuff. a year back i made a thread about a taco place and was told to buy an ad. learning the boards is fun.
Jbob04
AG
Yeah that whole buy an ad saying is stupid. Lots of forum police on the board for some reason. Weird to get triggered over a BnB listing. Oh well. Good luck to the op on his rental
ratfacemcdougal
I think the mods generally try to keep things level. Sometimes it takes two or three days before they come along an post their comment....please contact us about commercial advertising.
trouble
AG
Staff used to be much more, let's say, rigid about removing ads. You know we can beat anything to death here.
techno-ag
AG
Very nice. I expect more of those South Bryan locations to be snapped up and used for AirBNB in light of Kollege Station's hostility toward it.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
gravitas97
legalbird said:

Not centrally located to Kyle field, but looks like a nice place. Be sure to get $$$ deposit money.
Appreciate the insight!

Definitely near impossible to find something central to Kyle Field these days, especially with all the CS rules/regs...wish it weren't the case.
trouble
AG
It's not as far as people think though. I lived in garden acres for years and used to listen to the band practice in the morning. It's super accessible.
Wicked Good Ag
gravitas97 said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Will be back to regular rental rates after Friday...will be in line with local market rates.

I actually checked the next home game and it was over 3k for two nights. Now if you changed the price for future fine but I checked next home game. So not sure you are being genuine. Like I said nice property. But I don't think you saying just for Alabama game was being honest. Or at least it wasn't honest originally
kaj63
gravitas97 said:

My business partner and I just brought this "brand new" AirBnB property online yesterday, about 1.5mi from campus. We got a few weeks behind schedule, so hoping we can find some guests that have waited until the last minute to book for Alabama weekend! Currently available for all dates remaining in 2021 (including graduation, holidays, etc.).

The entire home was remodeled top-to-bottom, comfortably sleeps (9), but can accommodate up to (11), and designed for groups and families in mind. Please reach out if you have any interest or questions on booking the property. Thank you!

I hope you and your guests respect your neighbors and neighborhood integrity as you pursue your interests here.
kaj63
JP76
kaj63 said:

gravitas97 said:

The entire home was remodeled top-to-bottom, comfortably sleeps (9), but can accommodate up to (11), and designed for groups and families in mind. Please reach out if you have any interest or questions on booking the property. Thank you!

I hope you and your guests respect your neighbors and neighborhood integrity as you pursue your interests here.

Does this property reside in the Sul Ross RNC ?
gravitas97
JP76 said:

kaj63 said:

gravitas97 said:

Does this property reside in the Sul Ross RNC ?

It does not.
gravitas97
Wicked Good Ag said:

gravitas97 said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

I actually checked the next home game and it was over 3k for two nights. Now if you changed the price for future fine but I checked next home game. So not sure you are being genuine. Like I said nice property. But I don't think you saying just for Alabama game was being honest. Or at least it wasn't honest originally

Quote:

gravitas97 said:

We haven't adjusted future rates yet, as we've been busy getting the property ready.

I'm sure if you check any AirBnB (short-term rental) in town, the rates are higher for big game and event (graduation, etc.) weekends, just like ticket prices. Market economics.
gravitas97
kaj63 said:

gravitas97 said:

Man, who knew the BCS crowd was so tough on local, small business owners!! Appreciate all the "feedback" from everyone today.

To put everyone's minds at ease, my business partner and I have nearly 30 combined years invested in the BCS community, both business-wise and personally. We renovated what was a 'college rental property dump' in the middle of a residential community, top-to-bottom interior and exterior, with premium finishes, not cutting any corners, to give a premium experience to guests visiting the BCS community!

Both our families travel quite a bit, so we wanted to bring some of what we experience in other "tourist towns" to our community, in hopes visitors will leave after experiencing Aggieland, with a positive view and mindset in regards to where they lodge while in the area.

I can promise all those on this Aggieland board who are concerned, that we highly respect the neighborhood we bought in and already know all the surrounding neighbors, making sure they can contact us at any hour of the day should there be issues. We have (6) security cameras on the property, so we have that aspect covered as well. If you happen to be a neighbor of this property, we hope you'll welcome the visiting guests, no matter where they may be from, and show them what makes Aggieland such a special place!!
gravitas97
techno-ag said:

Very nice. I expect more of those South Bryan locations to be snapped up and used for AirBNB in light of Kollege Station's hostility toward it.
Appreciate the kind feedback! We are highly invested in the communities we own in, focused on improving the area through the homes and creating a positive experience for both guests and those who live in the area!
gravitas97
trouble said:

It's not as far as people think though. I lived in garden acres for years and used to listen to the band practice in the morning. It's super accessible.
We're big fans of Garden Acres as well! Have owned several homes in the area and all have been great. The whole area, including Rosemary and Brookside, are some of our favorite residential parts of town!
gravitas97
techno-ag said:

Appreciate the kind words!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.