FS - Square D Transformer

2,036 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by hawk-aggie
hawk-aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SOLD
drumboy
AG
hawk-aggie said:

Local pickup only
What's local?
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
hawk-aggie
AG
drumboy said:

hawk-aggie said:

Local pickup only
What's local?
Sorry - local is in College Station, but will ship at buyer's expense.
dbtexasag05
I buy, recondition and resell equipment like this everyday and if you want to sell this transformer for that price you should put it on EBay. A reconditioned tested unit like this we would sell at that price. That would also come with a 5 year warranty.

Also the WS363 is not the catalog number for the transformer itself. That is the part number for the weather shields that make it suitable for outdoor use.

That being said, I'll give you 75.00 for it and you have to load it on our truck.
hawk-aggie
AG
dbtexasag05 said:

I buy, recondition and resell equipment like this everyday and if you want to sell this transformer for that price you should put it on EBay. A reconditioned tested unit like this we would sell at that price. That would also come with a 5 year warranty.

Also the WS363 is not the catalog number for the transformer itself. That is the part number for the weather shields that make it suitable for outdoor use.

That being said, I'll give you 75.00 for it and you have to load it on our truck.
Listing corrected. You can hold on to your $75, and I'll save my back. Thanks for the sales tip.
BadAzzBohemian
AG
That transformer brand new is not much over $1,000.00.

As scrap - maybe $165.00
120 Lbs aluminum
280 lbs steel

So the $75.00 offer isn't really an insult. It assumes it is scrap and there would be work to put in a burn off oven to get varnish and insulation off... then scrap.

I'd let that go for any offer over $250.00 and be pretty happy.

I purchase these new from time to time and actually owned a company that manufactured them...and did designs.
hawk-aggie
AG
BadAzzBohemian said:

That transformer brand new is not much over $1,000.00.

As scrap - maybe $165.00
120 Lbs aluminum
280 lbs steel

So the $75.00 offer isn't really an insult. It assumes it is scrap and there would be work to put in a burn off oven to get varnish and insulation off... then scrap.

I'd let that go for any offer over $250.00 and be pretty happy.

I purchase these new from time to time and actually owned a company that manufactured them...and did designs.

Thanks for the info. It was very helpful. My initial research on pricing was obviously way off. Since it's serviceable, I wouldn't want to scrap it, if I didn't have to.
BadAzzBohemian
AG
You are welcome.

Lots of factors go into what it's current condition could be.

Transformers are quite robust equipment generally designed for a 40 year life. Depending on ambient temperature, exposure to sun and loading, heat is produced inside the enclosure. Every 10 degrees C it operates over 40 degrees C will generally result in a halving of life due to the insulating paper drying out and varnish breaking down... increasing the likelihood of a fault that will not be feasible to repair.

It could last a day or it could last 30 years. It is really difficult to know.
hawk-aggie
AG
SOLD
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.