Looking for Used Bike

1,400 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by swampstander
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a used road/tri or hell even mountain bike. My first triathlon (sprint) is in September. Looking for a 22 or bigger frame
dallasiteinsa02
I have a quintana roo that I am looking to unload. I need to check the dimensions and get back with you.
htxag09
AG
Where are you located? Also, I have an old 54 road bike that I don't use anymore. I believe that's 22"? I'm 5'9". I also have a spare tri bike but it stays on the trainer. When I'm done with my Ironman in October (crosses fingers) I'll be looking to sell it.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
htxag09 said:

Where are you located? Also, I have an old 54 road bike that I don't use anymore. I believe that's 22"? I'm 5'9". I also have a spare tri bike but it stays on the trainer. When I'm done with my Ironman in October (crosses fingers) I'll be looking to sell it.
I am in the Heights here in Houston. I am 6'4 and new to biking so I was told to get something like a 23" or bigger. Do you think a 22" would be big enough?
htxag09
AG
I honestly don't know a lot about inch bike frame sizes as the vast majority are cm. Seems like 22" is roughly a 56 cm bike frame based on a quick google. I would think you'd need a bigger bike at 6'4". Go to bike barn and try some out, see what size you like. Then look online. Also, for a lot of people, tri size and road bike are different. So may want to try both. For reference, I'm 5'9" and have a 54cm road and tri bike.
cjo03
AG
Generally people talk inches in mountain bike speak.. 22" is mountain bike frame and for big fellas..

And they talk cm in road bikes and some triathlon bikes.. 56 cm road bike is generally about 5'10-11"
Bald Eagle
I have a Trek Navigator 100 that is in really nice condition . Custom aluminum frame with Bontrager comfort tires (B26x1.95). Was given to me by a friend who moved to Europe. I don't know a lot about the details and have only ridden it several times. My Kids tell me that at 80 years old I don't need to get on a bike! What so they know!!!!
Anyway if you are interested call me 713-539-6169, and I can give you more details and text you pictures. Thanks Jerry Wolf
'03ag
For a road bike you're looking for a size 59-61cm
swampstander
AG
If you are handy I have a Columbus tubed Canopus frame set. Hand made in Columbia using Italian components. Columbus dropouts, Cinelli bottom bracket shell, Campagnolo headset. Very light.

59cm seat tube 58 cm top tube. (23-22.5 in)

I also have brakes, bars with levers, stem, downtube shifters, maybe a seatpost, crankset and front mech.

All yours for a crisp Benjamin. Would make someone a nice nimble vintage road bike.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.