WTB Small Gas Go-Kart for my son for Christmas

2,775 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Old Ag 74
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have something theyre looking to offload?

Ive been looking at the Go Power Sports Mini but if I can find a nice lightly used one thats even better
allMondjoy
I know you mean well. But be sure to check medical coverage. Accident waiting to happen.
AggieChemist
AG
allMondjoy said:

I know you mean well. But be sure to check medical coverage. Accident waiting to happen.
Dill-Ag13
AG
lolwat
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
allMondjoy said:

Thanks for the warning, you sound like his grandparents and will be given the same ignore function in my brain.
MosesHallDeadPot94
Not gas - but I promise you your son will love this. Every kid has been envious of my son's go kart and this thing is nearly indestructible...this thing holds a charge forever
Razor Dune Buggy Go Kart

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Our neighbor has something similar. I really want something gas that he can grow with for a few years (he is a slow grower) The neighbor's seems really fun but my son cant sit back in the seat and push the thumb levers unfortunately so it isnt very safe in that regard.

I also, and to appease his mother and grandparents, want something with a roll cage. Plus his grandparents are buying him a helmet
drumboy
AG
I don't have one but the local fun track (Speedys in Houston) has Shaller karts and sells them every once in a while and I almost bought one w/ a gummed carb for $600. They seem very well built.

The razor looks like a good option and I looked into but I went w/ a Razor Dirt Quad instead and my kids love it. It gets up to 10 mph so good for kids 5-8 or so but doesn't have the excitement of a gas engine behind you.

Segway has a go kart kit that uses a hoverboard type thing to power it so you can ride it separately if you want to.

Bet his worrisome family would flip if you got him a dirtbike or real 4 wheeler. I've gotten my daughter an XR50 & XR80, both for well under $1,000.

Either way, hope your kids have fun be safe.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Originally I had considered an ATV quad...and the option is still there but I do like the safety or illusion of safety of the roll cage of a kart and lower seat/center of gravity.

Bikes just scare the crap out of me, I nearly killed myself multiple times on one growing up where as a buddy had a suped up home made go-kart that despite our best efforts we never got close to killing damage.
drumboy
AG
I had go karts but primarily rode dirt bikes so I'm biased. The thought of going under a truck and getting severe head/neck injury scares me with go karts but that's reduced with a sturdy roll cage.

Sometime around 1990 we had a friend w/ a Honda Odyssey ATV and that thing was a blast.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I had hopes for a second you were willing to sell that!

His will mainly be driven at the deer lease and taken to his grandparents lake house during the summer
GrimesCoAg95
AG
This is Texags, so here you go:

https://ranger.polaris.com/en-us/ranger-150-efi/
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Hahahahahaha $5k who loves their kids that much!
Reload8098
AG
I'd go with a go-cart or dirt bike over a 4-wheeler. Somewhere between 300-400 people killed annually in these accidents and one-third of them are children under the age of 16. I'm sure you already know whatever you choose requires supervision.
I dated in girl in college whose little brother was killed on his go-cart because he darted out in front of car. Don't want a tragedy.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
My thoughts exactly. And why it will 90% + will be used in fields and such
Old Ag 74
AG
SOLD!

Don't know if anyone is still looking for a go-kart but I have one that needs a little work, but runs and would be a good project for a dad and son. I bought it a few years ago for about $1,000, but will sell it for $250.

If interested, send me an email and I will send some pics. I'm in the BCS area.
apoglo12
AG
I'm interested. Can you send some pictures and info to bcarey12@gmail.com?
jhermon
I would be interested as well. Can you please provide pics and more info? Email is johnny at Leflore tech.com
BucketofBalls99
i would like pics as well, and any other info you might want to provide. Thanks

bucketofballs99 at gmail dot com
Reload8098
AG
I don't mean to pick at all but please research 4-wheelers. They injure or kill a lot of kids.
Old Ag 74
AG
Thanks for the interest from those that replied. I will get some pics this afternoon and send to your individual emails.
Old Ag 74
AG
Reload8098 said:

I don't mean to pick at all but please research 4-wheelers. They injure or kill a lot of kids.
Agree - anyone should be careful that these are always used with adult supervision, and in places where there is no traffic (i.e. on private property). This go-kart is a two seater, so I always rode with any child that was driving it, and it has a kill switch on the passenger side which I have used a few times.
Reload8098
AG
Sounds like you have it covered. I raced dirt bikes. There are more injuries on dirt bikes but a LOT more fatalities and paralysis with quads. Quads have a lot of other uses that bikes don't have though and can be used year round. I'd get a functional roll bar if you go the quad route.
[link] https://www.dirtbikeplanet.com/dirt-bike-vs-atv/[/link]
apoglo12
AG
Hey Old Ag 74, I'm still interested in the Go Kart. Wanted to see if you could pass along those pictures and some info?

Bcarey12@gmail.com.
Old Ag 74
AG
apoglo12 said:

Hey Old Ag 74, I'm still interested in the Go Kart. Wanted to see if you could pass along those pictures and some info?

Bcarey12@gmail.com.
email sent
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.