2015 Panga Marine 18 Evo - $26,000

2,155 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TarponChaser
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New this rig would run $43K and I'm told that Panga Marine, now called Captiva Boatworks, is phasing out production of this hull.

Pics and details at the link: 2015 Panga Marine 18 Evo
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Hours/Warranty on motor?
About 100 hours on the motor, 150 max. Warranty was 5 years and just expired. Runs like a top.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Great looking boat. Is it a tunnel?
Gig 'em! '90
TarponChaser
SanAntoneAg said:

Great looking boat. Is it a tunnel?

No. Panga hulls don't do a tunnel.

I fish shallow but I don't try to run shallow. And by shallow I mean less than 12". I can keep it on plane at about 13 mph with the motor jacked up and trimmed out to maximize shallow water running but definitely not tear-assing across a skinny flat. I wouldn't do that anyway.

This what I would call a great all-around boat. It can float & pole well in 10", maybe a little less depending on load. It will also very safely handle running offshore a bit (most I've gone is about 15 miles) in water most big bay boats won't like. It's also extremely fuel efficient- I average about 8 mpg when cruising about 32 mph. You sacrifice some speed as it doesn't get much over 36 at WOT, depending on load.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Thanks for the reply. Great looking rig you have!

I've got a 20 year old 17' tunnel hull/trailer/90 Nissan with Jack plate/poling platform and I don't burn shallow either in the ULM.

Sent your link to the wife and kids saying we outta buy this. Crickets..

GLWTS!

Gig 'em! '90
TarponChaser
You should let the Mrs. know this sled will let you fish all the same water and then some with a lot more comfort. Plus, if you're fishing down south you can almost certainly hit plenty of snapper water with it.
TarponChaser
SOLD
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.