F/S- NEW Tag Heuer Mens Watch

3,859 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by permabull
Texas Ag Mom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hubs received this watch as a gift from his employer this week. He doesn't wear a watch. The back is lightly engraved with "WCI 7-11-19". All original packaging & warranty just as if you had bought it from the store. Retail value including sales tax is $1570.00. Asking $1200 obo. Email me at texasmomjunk at yahoo dot com. I am in DFW so prefer watch to be picked up.
https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/watches/tag-heuer-formula-1-chronograph-43-mm-caz1010-ba0842

Texas Ag Mom
Still available
Texas Ag Mom
Hubby will be in Houston Tues-Thurs & can bring watch if anyone is interested.
bthotugigem05
AG
I'd be in for $900, the engraving on the back hurts the value for me and I'd need to spend money getting the caseback replaced or sanded down so the engraving would be gone.
Texas Ag Mom
I don't know why the engraving hurts the value for you unless you are planning on resale. The watch is new & has never been worn so the engraving has no impact on the performance of the watch.
clintaggie04
AG
Texas Ag Mom said:

I don't know why the engraving hurts the value for you unless you are planning on resale. The watch is new & has never been worn so the engraving has no impact on the performance of the watch.

Seriously? You don't understand how having someone else's initials and a meaningless date engraved on a watch would lower the value? He even explained that it lowers the value because he would want to have the engraving removed or the bottom face of the watch replaced. What is even more odd is that you acknowledge that it would hurt the value if he wanted to resell it.
Texas Ag Mom
The engraving is on the back cover of the watch so it can't be seen while wearing the watch. The engraving does not represent the initials of a person. The watch is being offered at a discount because of the engraving. If you or anyone else wants a perfectly new watch I suggest that you go to the store & pay full retail price. Thanks.
bthotugigem05
AG
Didn't mean to offend, but when it comes to paying a dollar amount with a comma in it for a watch, things like that do matter to buyers, it's not only the performance but also the collector value. This watch's collector value is hurt by the engraving, it's unfortunate but it really is. The caseback for a Tag (the part that the engraving is on) has the watch's serial number on it, so I'd either be buying a watch that would eventually have scuffing and sanding on the caseback (to remove the engraving), or mismatched parts. Either way part of the value of the watch is the provenance of it.

If I only cared about performance I never would've replied and just continued wearing my Apple Watch. The Tag will have little collector value (similar to having a Kobe Bryant autograph that said "To Jenny" in front of it, it's just not worth as much) because of the engraving.

Again, my most sincere apologies, didn't mean to offend, just explaining why even something as small as an engraving can damage the value of a watch like that so much to me. Best of luck with the sale, it's a great watch.

Also, you're marketing this as a NEW watch. It just isn't. It wasn't worn by anyone yet but it's not sealed in the box and it has engraving which is significant to someone else on it. That's not new.
expresswrittenconsent
I am interested buyer but no pay sales tax.
Compute4@reginaldnet.com
AustinCountyAg
Too bad this thread isn't general board.
Texas Ag Mom
You didn't offend me in the least. You are into details. I get that. I don't think hubs will sell for less than $1,000 w/pick up in DFW. Plan B.....we have a son that would gladly wear the watch. Thanks.
AggieBarstool
I love it when sellers get defensive after being called out on their greed. You got the watch for free, for crying out loud!
bthotugigem05
AG
Offer rescinded, best of luck, and prayers for your chemo treatments.
Shiner Bock
AG
Texas Ag Mom said:

The engraving is on the back cover of the watch so it can't be seen while wearing the watch. The engraving does not represent the initials of a person. The watch is being offered at a discount because of the engraving. If you or anyone else wants a perfectly new watch I suggest that you go to the store & pay full retail price. Thanks.
Ooook, Karen!
Texas Ag Mom
I am not defensive nor greedy. My husband received the watch as a reward for 25 years of service at work & he simply won't wear it. We could use the money to help pay for my chemo treatments. Interesting that you & others feel the need to chime in on a topic that doesn't apply to you unless you want to make an offer. Not wise to make assumptions about others. What is up next? You want me to post a pic of my bald head? Have a great day.
Goldie Wilson
ChemAg15
gigemJTH12
AG
oh man
glover
AG
I am interested. Sent an email. Please text or call at 214-724-8034. Thanks!!!
Aggiehunter34
Burnsey
AG
Popping corn now!
powerbelly
AG
Makes a post
Quote:

Asking $1200 obo
and gets offended at the best offers.
Premium
AG
permabull
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.