B/CS area: Looking to buy a Ruger Mini 30, SKS, M1A or something similar

1,228 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by drumboy
Aggie118
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy! Looking to purchase a Ruger mini 30, Ruger Mini 14, SKS, or M1A type weapon. I love the 7.62 round and the look of these rifles.

From what I have read, the Ruger mini 30 is a decent weapons but has issues cycling more cost effective or "cheap steel" ammo and loses accuracy due to overheating, while the SKS is a work horse that will basically fire anything well. The M1A is more of a dream as it's a bit pricy.

If anyone has any insight of why to choose one or the other or is selling one I'd be interested. Would primarily be using it at my ranch on hogs and deer.

If you have anything you'd be willing to sell text me at 214-808-4868.
Thanks ags!
Aggie118
AG
bump
Love Gun
The only 7.62x39 I have has a tax stamp for being an SBR. I do have a Mini 14 if you're interested
Aggie118
AG
PM sent.
BrazosDog02
AG
Seems like I saw a mini 30 for sale here recently...
Aggie118
AG
There was one but it was sold, I don't think the seller ever updated the post.
Aggie118
AG
I am wondering if going to the Houston Gun show this weekend would be a good place to look. I have never bought at the gun show, are they generally better deals than you would find online or at the store?

Also, this may be a dumb question, but do guns online tend to have big black Friday or Cyber Monday sales? If so, I may wait till then to "pull the trigger".
drumboy
AG
Gun show prices seem higher than online based on what I've seen. Keep an eye on r/gundeals (reddit).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.