FS: '56 Oldsmobile Super 88

3,796 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ferris Wheel Allstar
RNAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
'56 Oldsmobile Super 88 Teal/White

new paint and overhaul done before we stored it in the garage. It was up and running like a dream. Made the trip down to Aggieland from West Texas with no problems.

Kids and those darn car seat regulations made it not so sensible to drive so here we are needing to sell it.

It currently does not run and has been protected in our garage

crossposted in classified.

I have pictures of the car but cannot post right now.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Price and miles?

What's it need to run?
classicdoug
AG
2 door or 4 door?
Corps_Ag12
AG
Wow, GLWS. Never even heard of these but that thing is a sled I'm sure based on the pics I just googled
drumboy
AG
RNAggie
AG
Pics sent
RNAggie
AG
1agswitchin4lanes - I have reached out to my husband for this information. I am the middle man here so information may be slow coming as I get it from him in between his classes

Classicdoug - its a 4 door with A/C

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Please send pics to username at gmail dot com
RNAggie
AG
pics of the car sent.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
RNAggie said:

pics of the car sent.

I don't see anything. 1agswitchin4lanes at gmail dot com ?
RNAggie
AG
Here is the run down on the car:

The car is largely original though there are some changes that have been made because of difficulty finding parts or other problems. The air conditioner compresser is from an 88 dodge charger (I think)...impossible to find an original compresser and the charger compresser fit the mounting bolts and brackets perfectly so there were no alterations that needed to be made. The generator was switched for an alternator a couple of years ago to improve electrical function. The vacuum system that operated the windshield wipers was switched to an electric unit and all vacuum tubes were sealed. The original radio was removed and an aftermarket was put in. To the best of my knowledge, that is all of the non-stock stuff we have changed. However, I have saved all of the original parts (in the trunk) so if you wanted to get really crazy, you could restore the thing to original condition.

The paint job is new. The chromed elements (mainly the rear bumper) need a little work but everything else is in good shape. When we had the paint done, any necessary body work was done too. Some small rust spots on the underside of the hood and each front fender were repaired.

From a mechanical standpoint, it has a transmission leak that just needs a seal replaced. There is a small coolant leak near the radiator. I assume it is a hose because the radiator was cleaned, flushed, and serviced. There is also a very slow oil leak associated with the rear main seal. It existed the whole time I drove the car and never caused any trouble. Other than that, just the general maintenance on a car that has been sitting
RNAggie
AG
I have sent them again, this time as a zip file.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
RNAggie
AG
Pictures sent
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Got em, thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.