FS - USMC AM General HMMWV

3,059 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by hawk-aggie
hawk-aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Museum of the American G.I. is selling one (1) 1989 AM General M-1038 HMMWV, with a good engine, transmission, and drivetrain.

VEHICLE IS TITLED IN TEXAS FOR ON-STREET OPERATION. This vehicle qualifies as an antique military vehicle which means that registration is less expensive and valid longer. You are not required to have license plates if you register it using the manufacturer's serial number and that number is displayed in its original location on the vehicle.

Former life as a USMC experimental, semiautonomous vehicle.

6.2L engine naturally aspirated; all fluids drained, but engine turns by hand with minimal effort
19,681 miles
High output MRAP alternator (650 amp output)
Good wheels
Fair to good tires
Very good body; minor fiberglass damage on hood
All seat cushions and seat backs present, except for front passenger
All dash gauges and switches present; operational status of each is unknown
Armored radiator grill
No windshield glass
No headlights
No doors
No battery cover/front passenger seat tray
Undercarriage has no known issues
Transmission cooler has been removed; has a hole in it

No delivery; buyer responsible for pick up and transport. $8,000 as is, no warranties, implied or otherwise.

Located in College Station. More photos available. Contact me at mark96ss at hotmail dot com.

skeetboy3
AG
Bump...You post some of the coolest stuff I can never buy.
hawk-aggie
AG
BUMP
Ogre09
coolerguy12
AG
I want this so bad. Unfortunately I have no time, space, or money.
skeetboy3
AG
By the way, thanks for all the good work you do at the museum. The community is lucky to have you and your team.
GE
AG
hawk-aggie said:

The Museum of the American G.I. is selling one (1) 1989 AM General M-1038 HMMWV, with a good engine, transmission, and drivetrain.

VEHICLE IS TITLED IN TEXAS FOR ON-STREET OPERATION. This vehicle qualifies as an antique military vehicle which means that registration is less expensive and valid longer. You are not required to have license plates if you register it using the manufacturer's serial number and that number is displayed in its original location on the vehicle.

6.2L engine naturally aspirated; all fluids drained, but engine turns by hand with minimal effort
19,681 miles
High output MRAP alternator
Good wheels
Fair to good tires
Armored radiator grill
No windshield glass
No headlights
No doors

No delivery; buyer responsible for pick up and transport. $8,000 as is, no warranties, implied or otherwise.

Located in College Station. More photos available. Contact me at mark96ss at hotmail dot com.

Super cool but I'm mostly ignorant about this stuff. Do you have an idea of how far away it is from being reliably driveable and what kind of investment it would take to get there? Would most shops be able to work on it?
hawk-aggie
AG
GE said:

hawk-aggie said:

19,681 miles
High output MRAP alternator
Good wheels
Fair to good tires
Armored radiator grill
No windshield glass
No headlights
No doors

Super cool but I'm mostly ignorant about this stuff. Do you have an idea of how far away it is from being reliably driveable and what kind of investment it would take to get there? Would most shops be able to work on it?
Good and reasonable questions. The detailed explanation is a little long. I'm not sure everyone reading this thread would be interested in the details.

The simple answers are,
I have no idea exactly how far away it is from being reliably drivable. I haven't performed a complete assessment to determine what might be needed to do so.
Depending on what the final configuration is, one might spend an additional $5,000 - $6,000 over time. Based on today's market, with a $12,000 to $14,000 investment, one would expect this unit to be worth something in the neighborhood of $25,000.
I don't know of any local shops that work on Humvees, but they're pretty much like any other car/truck when it comes to repairs. You can buy the manuals online as well.

Basically, all you need to do to get it running is connect the alternator, connect oil cooler hoses together creating by-passes for the two coolers that have been removed (transmission and oil), fill engine oil, fill transmission fluid, fill power steering pump fluid, add fuel, install batteries, and start.

PM me at mark96ss at hotmail dot com if you want the detailed explanation.
hawk-aggie
AG
bump
hawk-aggie
AG
Sold - pending funds
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.