Extra Desks I made for sale

10,522 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Goodest Poster
agrams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
90% of what I do is custom builds, but sometimes I get a wild hair to make an idea I have, or when I am making a project for someone that is cool, I make a duplicate, that way I can cut total material costs and labor. I have 4 desks I have made over the last year that are extra I am looking to sell:

Made with one of the last slabs of a pecan tree I milled up a few years ago, then I got some pecky pecan veneer for the panels. I had some star handles I used on a mesquite desk I made recently, so thought I would take it a little further on this desk and make a center front panel with a veneer sunburst and a star inlay out of ebony/zebrawood. I like to refer to it as the 'lone star' desk, being the state tree and with the star accents. I also made this a little longer than the standard 60" desk. This is around 68" long, which should afford a lot of working area.

$1900

The second is an ash burl desk with a live edge curly ash slab top:
$2000

I got to have some fun with this one by doing a hidden compartment. This has s a full length drawer that you pull open. There is a mechanism you release to allow you to open the hidden drawer on this one. If you don't release it and pull on either handle it will open the full drawer. Yes I used extra veneer from the desk as the drawer bottom.

The next two are similar in overall style, but done with some different materials and methods.
This is a claro walnut desk, with a bookmatched top. I bought 4 boards of sequence cut claro walnut, used two to cut the veneers for the panels, then the other 2 for the top. the black frame is pecan wood finished in a black lacquer. $2500 SOLD

The last is probably the coolest desk I think I have done (at least I think). The panels are made from end grain mesquite I cut from some trees, dried, then cut them like flagstone tiles and filled the gaps with black epoxy for a kind of funky look. The top is a bookmatched mesquite set. The pics don't show them yet, but the desk has the same handles as the claro panel desk. $2600.

I am in Fort Worth, but down to Houston often and can deliver for a nominal price if I have to make a dedicated delivery trip (basically anywhere within about 3-4 hours of D/FW). feel free to PM me or email at grams woodworks at gmail dot com.
91_Aggie
AG
Dude... the edges on some of those are crooked.

J/k... those look awesome.
drummer0415
AG
I heart agrams wood
zooguy96
drummer0415 said:

I heart agrams wood
JosephMarcus
you ever make any bed frames?
dolch
AG
Beautiful work Maestro!!
agrams
AG
I have. I just made one a few months ago for another Ag with a big walnut headboard:

ratfacemcdougal
What is the height of the Lone Star desk....floor to top of desk?

Thanks
agrams
AG
that one is 29.5" tall. Standard height is 28-30, and standard top size is 30x60, but I like making the desk tops a few inches longer, this allows me to make the knee space a bit wider than the standard 24" up to about 30", that way should anyone want to put a computer tower there it will have some space. I also like to make the drawers wide enough to lay file folders width-wise.
BQRyno
AG
As soon as I move to a house with an office, this is happening. I'm slowly replacing all my furniture with agrams masterpieces.
92Ag95
AG
I'll take one of these when you get around to it.

End Of Message
AG
Good grief, that last desk is amazing...well, all of them are...but that last one.
ratfacemcdougal
I would love the lone star desk, however, an HVAC system suddenly jumped to the top of my list.
Aggieangler93
AG
I am never disappointed with Agrams work. All I can say is wow!!!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
agrams
AG
I also have a table that has been leaning against my office wall for a while.. completely forgot about it somehow..

The base is not fixed, so if you wanted a different base or to buy your own to go with the top, that is also an option.

$2000 with the base, 1600 without.
aph7649
AG
cool table - what are the dimensions?
agrams
AG
96x40. could easily sit 8-10 depending on base style.
mwm
I am officially jealous of your talent.
nealan
I want one of these pieces so bad, but I know 100% that my kids would mess up the finishes or ding them up!
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Would just add a little character to the table
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Put this on my watch list. Will be moving to a new home I about 1 yr... if these are still around I may just have to add to our Agrams collection.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hey Staff, can I add all agrams posts to my watch list?
AggieAces06
AG
I just sent you an email with question about existing slabs.
agrams
AG
got your email. I'll write back later.
sts7049
AG
i want to rent an office building just to have space to buy all these desks
texag06ish
AG
Where's the best place to scroll through a catalogue of your work?
ratfacemcdougal
his garage
agrams
AG
06, I completely missed your Q. Probably the best place is my facebook page: facebook.com/grams.woodworks

On the other side of things, the claro desk sold, and the buyer wanted a matching file cabinet, so I got that knocked out:

agrams
AG
bump
JYDog90
AG
First off...they are incredible. But one question , I've noticed you don't typically do lap drawers in your desks. Any reason?
agrams
AG
most of my custom desks I make on customer spec dont ask for it, so I guess I tended that way. however, those would be easy to add if someone wanted them on any of these.
agrams
AG
another table I recently finished from some extra walnut slabs I had left over. It has been my goal this year to use up inventory I have on hand and start thinning out the pile of slabs sitting in my garage.

agcrock2005
AG
Damn that is some nice stuff!
Aggieangler93
AG
What does that last one run?
agrams
AG
the second table is 1700. The first table with the metal base is a bit more as that base ran about $350
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.