Extra Desks I made for sale

10,551 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Goodest Poster
GarlandAg2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dining area is 9'8" x 7". Do you have any slabs in stock for a dining table that would seat 6?
agrams
AG
[For that size, you are looking at about 40"x70" to comfortably sit 6. You could do a little narrower down to 35" or so, but that means you won't have much common space in the middle where you would normally keep food to serve from. I would probably stick to about 75-80" in length if you want a little more shoulder room though. Usually 24" wide per chair, and 16" on each end for those sitting at the end are good rules of thumb (48"+32").

I have a good handful of slabs that could be bookmatched to work for that:

A lot of honey locust:

And I also have one piece of claro walnut that could possibly work for that and make a really outstanding table.
GarlandAg2012
AG
agrams said:

[For that size, you are looking at about 40"x70" to comfortably sit 6. You could do a little narrower down to 35" or so, but that means you won't have much common space in the middle where you would normally keep food to serve from. I would probably stick to about 75-80" in length if you want a little more shoulder room though. Usually 24" wide per chair, and 16" on each end for those sitting at the end are good rules of thumb (48"+32").

I have a good handful of slabs that could be bookmatched to work for that:

A lot of honey locust:

And I also have one piece of claro walnut that could possibly work for that and make a really outstanding table.

Awesome, I will email you tomorrow to discuss.
Goodest Poster
AG
Walnut...no brainer
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.