For Sale: Cutting Boards (Made by Me)

26,393 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cupofjoe04
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, I know what I'm telling my wife to get me for our anniversary. Any thoughts on doing a block aTm one?
Comanche
AG
Sent an email for steak plates. Thank you!
drummer0415
AG
aTm2004 said:

Well, I know what I'm telling my wife to get me for our anniversary. Any thoughts on doing a block aTm one?

Yes I have thoughts. Please email me to discuss said thoughts. Ekuhrt at gmail dot com.
drummer0415
AG
Comanche said:

Sent an email for steak plates. Thank you!

Received and replied.
aTm2004
AG
Will do. Anniversary is in the spring, so I'll do it then. She has apparently bought my Christmas present and said "I'm done."
GT_Aggie2015
AG
RM76 said:

Buy with confidence folks, these boards are absolutely fabulous!
Second this! Bought as a gift and was freaking awesome! Great quality!
drummer0415
AG
Last board I had on the shelf ready to go got sold and shipped today.

Contact me to get your custom order in for 2021!
jhermon
GT_Aggie2015 said:

RM76 said:

Buy with confidence folks, these boards are absolutely fabulous!
Second this! Bought as a gift and was freaking awesome! Great quality!

I would also like to confirm that he does an outstanding job! I could not be happier with my recent purchase and highly recommend.
OKG2000
AG
Email sent about ordering a Texas flag board. Thanks and Gig'em!
ChoppinDs40
AG
got ours from Evin last week. Absolutely beautiful. The real deal.
drummer0415
AG
OKG2000 said:

Email sent about ordering a Texas flag board. Thanks and Gig'em!

Received and replied.
DarkAg
AG
Agree. My walnut steak plates arrived today. Outstanding quality!
AnyOtherName
AG
Got mine yesterday! Cannot believe I am giving this away as a gift. Prettiest dang cutting board I have ever seen.
drummer- fantastic job. Photo does not do it justice.
[url=<a][/url]
drummer0415
AG
Update 3/18/21

To my dear TexAgs friends and family,

Sadly, I am writing this note to let you all know that I am needing to make some changes. I will not be accepting any NEW orders for cutting boards or other woodwork. This is effective immediately, and lasting indefinitely.

Not trying too get too personal, but I want to give a quick rundown of factors that have played into my decision, because it was not an easy one for me to make. Basically, it all boils down to not having the time to maintain this as a "side hustle" right now.

- As I progress in my career, my level of responsibilities and time that I need to commit to my day job are increasing. This leaves me significantly less time for a side hustle.

- My kids deserve more time and attention from me. I'm tired of telling them I can't play with them because I need to go work in the garage. Also, as they are getting older, they are starting to do sports and other activities that take up weekends, and I want to be involved in that.

- My wife has been an outstanding business partner the last two years, but she deserves a break. She hasn't been a "hands on" partner so to speak in any of my woodwork, but for every hour I'm working on woodwork outside, she is inside cooking dinner, feeding kids, bathing kids, and putting kids to bed. She has been OUTSTANDING at handling all of this, but its time to give her a break.

- Lastly, this is less of a personal issue, but still a contributing factor. I am about to embark on a full gut and rebuild kitchen renovation that will likely span over the course of the next 1-2 years. I am doing EVERYTHING myself, so it is an immense amount of work and I just wont have time to dedicate to anything else.

ALL that being said, I am not quitting woodworking, I am not selling any of my tools or machines. In fact, I might actually build something for myself. I am confident that there will be another season in my life when I will be able to offer my services to the lovely TexAgs community again, but right now just isn't that time.

I want to SINCERELY thank everybody who has ordered a product from me. I truly enjoyed building every piece that I did. Plus I got to meet some really great people, and made some decent money along the way.

What this means for you.... The net effect here is I am not accepting any new orders. If you have an open order placed with me that you are waiting on, don't worry. I am 100% guaranteed going to fulfill your order, and you will get your items (Please just be patient with me on timing). Also, If you bought something from me in the past and have ANY sort of issue with it, or questions about care and maintenance, please feel free to contact me. I will be glad to talk to you and I will absolutely do whatever I need to do to fix it or make it right. I stand behind my products and I think I have enough happy customers to back that up.

Again, thank you everybody. I can't wait to bump this thread one day and "open back up" again.

-Evin Kuhrt
jwhitlock3
Family come's first, excellent call IMO. Your kids will only be this age once, enjoy it while you can.
cupofjoe04
AG
Brother,

I get the tension you are facing, truly I do. But you don't ever need to explain yourself for making choices like that. You are making investments that will pay dividends FAR greater than any cash flow you are letting go of. You can always pick this back up if you decide to in the future. There's a curve, for sure; but it's easier than you might think. I know that from personal experience, as my wife and I have cycled on and off with both our side hustles over the years. It always seems that when the time is actually right, things flow into place and it gets rolling again quickly. If its like pushing a boulder uphill, I'm usually pushing the wrong rock.

I deeply appreciate the choices you are making, and have the utmost respect for you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.