WTB 265/75/16 AT Tires or Similar

662 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Qfaced~ag
TexAg2016
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a set of tires for the old pickup. Must be Load Range E. Open to 245/75/16, 265/70/16, etc.

Handle @ aggienetwork.com if you have any to rid of.

Going to Discount Tire Saturday for a new set if no luck here.
TxLawDawg
AG
You mentioned that these are for your old truck, which sounds to me like it's probably not your daily driver. Have you heard of or considered Treadwright Tires? They are retread tires manufactured in Houston, but they remold from bead to bead (rather than just the tread).

I use their mud terrain tires on my hunting truck and have been very happy. I looked for used all-terrains but couldn't find anything good, and dreaded the idea of spending $800-$1000 on new tires for my hunting truck. I found these online, researched them, read every review I could find, and decided to give them in a try since they were a fraction of the price of new tires. I'm not sure I'd trust them on my daily driver (although they might be fine), but they've been great for trips back and forth to the deer lease and off-road use on the ranch.

TexAg2016
AG
This is a really interesting reply!
They have what looks to be a remold of a BFG KO (original not KO2), labeled as their "AT Warden"
Compared to the KO2s I have on order at Discount Tire in a LT265/65/16 E, they are about $225 cheaper.

Definitely something to consider. I drive the truck on the weekends for lumber and Lowe's trips, maybe once every other week to work, but mainly the trips to the property down near Freer, TX which is about a four hour trip for me in some fairly sparse areas.

I think this is a great option.
Not sure if I'll end up going with them or just bite the bullet and get new, but I really appreciate the recommendation!
TxLawDawg
AG
For what it's worth, I don't really have a reason for saying I wouldn't put them on my daily driver other than the fact I wouldn't mind spending the money for name brand tires in that case. I assume there's a higher risk of failure with a remold, but I don't know how big that risk actually is. When I researched and read reviews I found very few instances where someone said they had a complete failure. There were some instances where people had premature or uneven wear or similar problem that was covered by the warranty.

My deer lease is only 30 minutes away so they don't go on long trips very often. I have taken a couple of 2 hour trips to San Antonio and back (80+ mph on I10) without any issue.

Your mileage may vary.
JosephMarcus
I've got a set of 265 70 16 goodyear wrangler kevlar AT's that i might be willing to sell. Not sure of load range. They have about 90-95% tread but looking to switch to some mud terrains instead of all-terrains on my truck.

What are you looking to spend approx?
TexAg2016
AG
JosephMarcus said:

I've got a set of 265 70 16 goodyear wrangler kevlar AT's that i might be willing to sell. Not sure of load range. They have about 90-95% tread but looking to switch to some mud terrains instead of all-terrains on my truck.

What are you looking to spend approx?
Hard to say honestly. I'm prepared to go buy new ones, I just wanted to see if there was a deal to be made.
That being said, I'd be real interested in those if you're wanting to get rid of them.
My phone number is 210 eight two three 2581.
Qfaced~ag
AG
TxLawDawg said:

You mentioned that these are for your old truck, which sounds to me like it's probably not your daily driver. Have you heard of or considered Treadwright Tires? They are retread tires manufactured in Houston, but they remold from bead to bead (rather than just the tread).

I use their mud terrain tires on my hunting truck and have been very happy. I looked for used all-terrains but couldn't find anything good, and dreaded the idea of spending $800-$1000 on new tires for my hunting truck. I found these online, researched them, read every review I could find, and decided to give them in a try since they were a fraction of the price of new tires. I'm not sure I'd trust them on my daily driver (although they might be fine), but they've been great for trips back and forth to the deer lease and off-road use on the ranch.

I have two sets of Treadwrights (one set that was sent to me by mistake) and I am looking to get rid of them as they are just taking up space in the garage. If you are willing to get a set of 18" rims, I can let these go for cheap. 285/65/R18.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.