1997 Supra TT - 6 speed

2,516 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Credible Source
Acct2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm selling my Supra, if anyone is interested.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-toyota-supra-12/

If you have any questions let me know and I'll answer as best I can.
texag06ish
AG
Nice ride!
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
I've never looked at auction sites like that - do highest bids just soar toward the end, cause it looks like there are some pretty amazing cars for pretty crazy prices otherwise.
meggy09
AG
See stuff like this on BaT often. You bought it 4 months ago? Was that with the intention of reselling it?
Vivificus
AG
I have always liked Supras, but I had no idea they were worth this much. Heals value really well over the years.
Viv
Acct2009
I bought it knowing it was a great deal and I could get own one of my dream cars for relatively cheap price + get my money and some profit out if I ever needed to sell it... Just had family stuff come up that necessitates selling sooner rather than later.

BAT is definitely legit though, sometimes cars go for a good price, sometimes a steal can be had - but it's such an evil temptation, so far I have only window shopped but the temptation is strong. Often though (as was the case with my Supra) they don't meet the reserve price, and they do often shoot up in price during the last 10 minutes of an auction. I wanted $60k but I think concerns about water damage (stained carpeting) and the time of year was not right. I wasn't hurting enough for cash to drop my reserve to sell as cheap as the high bid.
Acct2009
@Vivificus

Neither did I until I started shopping for a "fun car" a few years ago. There are tiers of value... Right hand drive examples imported from Japan are worth 20-40% less. Non-turbo in excellent position is worth perhaps 25-35k. Then for turbo cars an automatic ranges from 40-50k depending on how clean. The highest value is the manual 6 speed variant of the turbo, these regularly bring 60-100+. Obviously cars that are modified or have been damaged can fall outside those ranges... and cars that have high or low mileage can have variances as well.
Credible Source
AG
I love this car so much. I drove the hell out of a 300zx tt and always wanted to have a Supra some day also.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.