FS: 18-20 ft boat trailer

648 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Salt of the water
Salt of the water
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Galvanized trailer for an 18-20 ft. long and 8 ft. wide boat for sale. Overall length on the trailer is approximately 24 ft. and the total width is a little over 8.5 ft. The trailer coupler is for a 2" ball.

I purchased this trailer used in September 2016. Installed new hubs, tires, bunk boards, bunk hardware, and lights in October 2016. The bunk boards are on adjustable brackets and can be adjusted to fit different hulls. The bow-stop is also adjustable. I regularly haul my boat 2 hours one way to the coast and the trailer hasn't given me any problems while towing. I'm selling because my boat is only 5 ft wide and this trailer was too wide for it.

There was a stress crack developing on one of the cross beam welds when I bought the trailer, so I had a welder repair the crack and re-inforce all the cross beams with steel plate as a precautionary measure. All welds were cold galvanized for corrosion prevention.

The trailer does not have brakes and is registered under the 4000 lb gross weight which requires brakes, title, and inspection. I will provide the buyer with the current registration and a bill of sale.

I saved one of the old hubs and installed new bearings and pre-packed it with grease for a spare. I will include the spare hub, and both of the old tires I removed from the trailer as spares. One of the spares is mounted on the trailer on bracket.

This trailer could also be easily converted to a kayak trailer to haul two rigged yaks by adjusting the bunk boards.

Price: $400

More pictures and contact info here:
https://houston.craigslist.org/bpo/d/18-20-ft-galvanized-boat/6645515509.html
Charlie Murphy
dumb question, is that too big for a 14 foot jon boat?
MouthBQ98
AG
Dang, if I didn't have so many other projects going I'd buy it for a 19 foot hull I'm eventually going to build.
Salt of the water
AG
Bigger than needed? Definitely.

You could probably make it work though. Slide the bow stop back to the Y and then adjust the bunks as needed. The motor may end up being inside the end of the trailer but you could still launch/recover easy if you keep the motor above or behind the rear cross member.
Salt of the water
AG
Aren't you in the hill country? It'll keep in the dry air until you're ready.
MouthBQ98
AG
It is tempting.
Salt of the water
AG
Sold
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.