FS: 107 gallon auxiliary fuel tank/tool box

982 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sportpsyc
sportpsyc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy Ags!

I am selling this for my 82 year old father-in-law. Just a couple of hears ago, he bought a custom built truck bed fuel tank/toolbox combo. Bone dry, it take 107 gallons to fill to the brim. It is powder coated diamond plate, is rust and corrosion free, but has a little tree sap on it from sitting in the back of his "extra" truck under a tree. It is a really a nice custom unit. It has double recessed locks for the tool box, a lockable weather-proof fill cap, and a lockable 12 volt fuel pump, the wires for which run through the drain hole in the bed, down the frame, and into the engine compartment to the battery where it has alligator clips. The toolbox lid has hydraulic assists that both work. It has about 10 feet of hose with an OPW nozzle with automatic shut-off. It will fill a 30 gallon tank in a under minute. It is a really nice set up. My father-in-law had gas in it, but obviously it will work with diesel as well. He filled it during Hugo and just emptied it today with the last tank of gas as he is selling the truck it was in and the people did not want the extra tank. The toolbox, as you can see, is large as well. It is a hell of a set-up. Because someone will ask, the unit with 107 gallons of gas on board weighs 875 lbs, and with diesel in it full it weighs 945 lbs. He lives in South College Station (as do I), and he wants $600 for it. Apparently my reward for selling it is he has given me permission to sleep with his daughter.

You can see pics of it here: https://imgur.com/a/cFnUr

contact me at 30boxbirds@gmail.com . Trust me...you want me as the liaison in the deal. Dealing with him is like staring at the sun through binoculars.
BigPuma
AG
sportpsyc said:

Trust me...you want me as the liaison in the deal. Dealing with him is like staring at the sun through binoculars.

I was about to say man you are wholesaling everything lately, but then saw it was for your father in law.

GLWS.
Max06
AG
That's a nice combo & a good price. If I was in the market I'd snag it.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Quote:

Apparently my reward for selling it is he has given me permission to sleep with his daughter.

Pics?
sportpsyc
I'm really not much to look at.
Corps_Ag12
AG
That is impressive looking. I need one of these for work and this is a screaming deal.

What are the dimensions by chance? If it's too big for my short bed i'll put it in the superintendent's long bed truck.
sportpsyc
I can tell you it will certainly fit in a short bed, but it will not leave much room for cargo. Obviously because of the weights listed, it would be much more at home in a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. It is also narrow enough that it will fit into any make of truck bed. To address it before it is asked, it is well forward of a gooseneck hitch in a standard size bed, but it probably won't work with a gooseneck in a short box.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.