Wtb: savage 308

634 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CTGilley
AgConductor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interested in a 308. Pref a savage with accutrigger.
Bro, Cabelas has these on sale right now for $320. Then Savage is running a $100 rebate. They have them in several calibers including 308 and 6.5CM.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/SAVAGE-FV-VARMINT-RIFLE/1994604.uts?avad=55963_cf8666bd&WT.mc_id=al41227&Subid1=SID&subacctid=41227&subacctname=41227&adname=Custom+Link&adtype=cl&adid=NA&utm_medium=AFF&utm_source=41227&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF
Hanrahan
AG
I have one of those in .308 digicam with the heavy barrel and love it. It has a threaded barrel so I could attach my suppressor and it's fantastic. If you can get it for $220 it's a no brainer
Hanrahan
AG
Well the one I have looks like that one, buts it's the "precision carbine" model that looks a lot like that one but with digicam. Don't know the differences but mine is freaking awesome and accurate.

https://www.abarms.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=37528
AgConductor
It's only 100$ off on some of the ones that are around 6-700$. But even at 319$ is it still a great steal? I'm going elk hunting in October and I need it to be super reliable
CTGilley
AG
AgConductor said:

It's only 100$ off on some of the ones that are around 6-700$. But even at 319$ is it still a great steal? I'm going elk hunting in October and I need it to be super reliable
The rebate is good for that one also. I called and confirmed. It is very reliable and a steal at that price.

The only down side is it has the 26" bull barrel. I would think you would want something lighter for elk hunting.

Good news they are super easy to swap. Bad news if you do that you are back up to $6-700 if you swap the barrel and stock.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.