Rare A&M 12 Plate Collection for sale

3,118 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by nai06
3garchone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey All,
I'm a rookie so can not post pics only links??
If interested Email me and I can respond with the old easy insert pic file that I am an EXPERT at!!
My uncle was a prof in Animal Science, Dr King, and worked his butt off forever at the Houston Livestock and Rodeo. He sadly passed a couple of years ago and left me his set of A&M plates.There is a set of these plates plus an additional 3 newer ones in Bldg A of the Langford Architecture Center. Boy have they gone up in value. I am willing to let these go for $3000, they are valued from $4000 to $5000.
Again, a rookie here so don't know how to manage contact info other than jist my email so
noelg33@att.net
GigEm
Goldie Wilson
Upload the pics to imgur and post the link
3garchone
AG
Dan 07
I would prefer to insert jpg via email rather than jack with "imgur"
I have had several requests for photos and successfully responded the easypeasy way
Thank you
3garchone
AG
An interested party ask if I would sell 5 or 6 plates and not the 12 plate set.
Sorry this is being offered as a 12 plate set only
Thanks
Burnsey
AG
P$3k for plates. Holy ***** What the hell type of plates are these?
230Ag
AG
are these plates you eat off of? am I missing something???
Post removed:
by user
nai06
AG
third coast.. said:

Pretty sure these are the plates with various buildings on them and I'm pretty sure3k is a steal
depends if they are the originals or the reproductions. Is this the Wedgewood set or Varsity China?
3garchone
AG
I have been AWOL since about last Wednesday 19th with boxes, boxes and more boxes No smart phone to keep up with every second of current events like the rest of the world, just me and my old flip phone. I moved from Houston back to my ole Kentucky home. No mas.Long story short please, we rolled in Saturday at 6am after leaving Houston Friday afternoon in time for 3 pm traffic....... plus 1 1/2 hour hell storm from Little Rock eastward. Internet service showed up yesterday, just not on my computer screen until this evening. I see there were 4 more comments since that first round of one out of about 600 lookyloos.
Ok so no you are not to eat off these plates under any circumstances. I guess if you buy em you could have a short round if frizbe tho. Yes they are the real deal/ wedgewood originals.Dr Gene King would not have paid $24 for the set back in 1950 something and hung them on his dining room wall if they were not the real deal.I doubt if the copies were out then. I was very fortunate to receive some really neat stuff from uncle Gene and aunt Lois, I'm just not a plate guy.Gene King was one of those greatest generation guys along with my dad who got to enjoy paradise over on the Admiralty Islands and New Guinea.Dad left San Diego as a white guy and put on a bunch of shades darker and would not touch a coconut again. A bunch of black and white photos of dad, his buds and some natives wearing grass skirts only was all we got out of him. Seabees built stuff on the run.Gene was in the army reserves when the war started, why I don't know. Anyway he came out as a Captain so he got several duffle bags of goodies. I got 2 8mm mausers,a lugar and the prize, a 16 ga db lockbox made by the Belgium gunsmith LaForgeron in 1943 occupied Belgium.Excuse my spelling/ its close enough.
There was an article with everything you always wanted to know about these plates in the Archone newsletter back in 2004.I have a copy which I can scan and email along with the pics. All I have to do is find it in one of these boxes, set up the desk top and get er done. All you have to do is email me with a request.
3garchone
AG
I forgot to mention that the plates are still in Houston with my oldest son,Ben.This set would obviously be more attractive to Ags or others with deep pockets and the view total looks to be over 1200 so please pass it on to anyone who might fall into that category.I'm gonna let the current offering price ride for a month or so and then raise it to 3600.A computer whizzbang is coming over tomorrow and will get the pics on here, or not.Oh, and you've got some splainin to do Lucy !
redd38
AG
If you can't sell these for $3000 then you're hoping that raising the price to $3600 will help? Am I reading that correctly?
AggiePlaya
AG
Gonna raise the price and by the way you gotta let him use them for 6 months before handover
Post removed:
by user
Whitetail
AG
Quote:

Long story LONG

FIFY
Premium
AG
redd38 said:

If you can't sell these for $3000 then you're hoping that raising the price to $3600 will help? Am I reading that correctly?

Bold strategy. The old reverse rising auction.
HC
I still have no idea what these plates are or how they get their worth
Burnsey
AG
3garchone said:

I have been AWOL since about last Wednesday 19th with boxes, boxes and more boxes No smart phone to keep up with every second of current events like the rest of the world, just me and my old flip phone. I moved from Houston back to my ole Kentucky home. No mas.Long story short please, we rolled in Saturday at 6am after leaving Houston Friday afternoon in time for 3 pm traffic....... plus 1 1/2 hour hell storm from Little Rock eastward. Internet service showed up yesterday, just not on my computer screen until this evening. I see there were 4 more comments since that first round of one out of about 600 lookyloos.
Ok so no you are not to eat off these plates under any circumstances. I guess if you buy em you could have a short round if frizbe tho. Yes they are the real deal/ wedgewood originals.Dr Gene King would not have paid $24 for the set back in 1950 something and hung them on his dining room wall if they were not the real deal.I doubt if the copies were out then. I was very fortunate to receive some really neat stuff from uncle Gene and aunt Lois, I'm just not a plate guy.Gene King was one of those greatest generation guys along with my dad who got to enjoy paradise over on the Admiralty Islands and New Guinea.Dad left San Diego as a white guy and put on a bunch of shades darker and would not touch a coconut again. A bunch of black and white photos of dad, his buds and some natives wearing grass skirts only was all we got out of him. Seabees built stuff on the run.Gene was in the army reserves when the war started, why I don't know. Anyway he came out as a Captain so he got several duffle bags of goodies. I got 2 8mm mausers,a lugar and the prize, a 16 ga db lockbox made by the Belgium gunsmith LaForgeron in 1943 occupied Belgium.Excuse my spelling/ its close enough.
There was an article with everything you always wanted to know about these plates in the Archone newsletter back in 2004.I have a copy which I can scan and email along with the pics. All I have to do is find it in one of these boxes, set up the desk top and get er done. All you have to do is email me with a request.

Tldr
3garchone
AG
HC said:

So email me and I will reply with pics and the article that gives you the history, etc.
nai06
AG
HC said:

Pinky Downs sponsored a set of 12 plates to be commissioned by Wedgewood of England. They were sold as a set and featured important buildings on campus. They were made for display purposes and are super rare. Another company called Varsity China made some about a decade ago and really pumped out the reproductions. http://archcomm.arch.tamu.edu/archive/news/winter2004/AggiePlates.html
3garchone
AG
nai06 said:

HC said:

Pinky Downs sponsored a set of 12 plates to be commissioned by Wedgewood of England. They were sold as a set and featured important buildings on campus. They were made for display purposes and are super rare. Another company called Varsity China made some about a decade ago and really pumped out the reproductions. http://archcomm.arch.tamu.edu/archive/news/winter2004/AggiePlates.html
Many thanks nai06 for stepping up with link to archone article, thats now off my todo list.I checked out another post here from tamc1956ag offering a 15ft john boat.He,like myself, would email pics to anyone interested. Along came nactownag who posted these pics for him. I responded to nactownag asking how he posted the pics. So far no answer. Would anyone post my three pics for me?
Whee Dawgies- did you see the ACE on that one ?
deadline DEADLINE, we dont go no stinkin DEADLINE
Post removed:
by user
nai06
AG
Maybe 30 bucks a plate
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.