FS: Executive Roll Top Desk

1,457 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by rather be fishing
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Asking $2,000. Located in Austin.

Desk is by National Mount Airy Furniture Company, probably from the 1960s-70s. Breaks down into 3 pieces for easier transporting. Desk is made of oak, writing surface appears to be veneer top. Built in swivel light and phone jack will need to be rewired (someone cut the electrical cords), and it should be easy to refit the phone jack for an ether net cable. Does not have keys, but both roll sections lock, as well as the pen/pencil tray, which locks all the lower drawers. I can't imagine it would be too hard to get a new set of keys.

All of the top drawers pull down for file storage as shown in the lower picture.

This thing is extremely heavy. Probably 700-800lbs all together.
Dimension when fully assemble are 65.5" wide X 33.75" deep X 79.5" tall.

LRHF
AG
Too big big for me but great looking desk!
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Damn! Wouldn't fit in my apartment otherwise I'd consider. She's a beauty.
magnumtmp
AG
Beautiful desk!

I'd spend 10 minutes looking in every tiny drawer trying to remember where I put the damn paper clips.
AggieChemist
AG
Love my rolltop for a fly tying station.

rather be fishing
AG
We downsized from all of our file storage at the house to this desk because of all of the storage it has.

I have to be honest, I saw aggiechemist's roll top for fly tying a while back and I wanted my own. Hence why I purchased this one.

This desk is awesome, but it takes up a little too much space in our 1050 sqft house. I'm hoping to downsize to another roll top that fits our house better.

This exact desk is available on eBay (with a chair) for $3900. I've got a 1940-50s office chair with fully intact cane seat that needs a little bit of repair for free to whoever buys it.

I can provide any additional pictures, including pictures of the chair of anyone wants them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.