FS : 2016 Corvette Z06

4,853 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggielandma12
sayas2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My brother (class of 2008 - doesn't have Texags account) is selling his Corvette to go back to school. He's located in The Woodlands.

He posted a classified ad in the Corvette forum.

Corvette Forum Classified

Ask him questions at classifieds224@gmail.com

Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
The fact auto is even an option on the c7z's makes my heart sad.
highvelocity
AG
Samuel E. Cronkowitz said:

buying this as an automatic is like going to wherever the car gods live and pissing on them as they sleep
92Ag95
AG
Screw automatic or manual......I'm wondering why a dude that can afford a $100,000 car wants to go back to school.
highvelocity
AG
i'm guessing oil and gas layoff
Token
AG
What school is he going back to? B school?
gigemJTH12
AG
92Ag95 said:

Screw automatic or manual......I'm wondering why a dude that can afford a $100,000 car wants to go back to school
maybe he realized he cant afford it?
sayas2005
AG
He's a dentist.

He's been out of dental school for four or five years and is doing well, but is going to start a dental radiology residency at the University of Washington's dental school next fall. He's going to sell off a few things to help the transition since his income will take a step back for the next couple of years. He's just adding to his skills now while he's young.
Token
AG
that's pretty awesome. best of luck to him
suburban cowboy
AG
Dream car just can't justify it.

Congrats to the dude that buys it. I can only imagine the amount of snatch it comes with.
chucktheaggiejeweler
Sponsor
AG
Best to your brother. If it seated 9....
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
valtosca
AG
IceCream14 said:

Dream car just can't justify it.

Congrats to the dude that buys it. I can only imagine the amount of snatch it comes with.
Probably just attract men

bump! best of luck selling!
akn224
highvelocity said:

buying this as an automatic is like going to wherever the car gods live and pissing on them as they sleep
I'm the owner of this car. Made an account to comment on these threads.

Honestly, I don't understand these kinds of comments. I chose the automatic for a couple of reasons. In a z06 it is actually faster (2.95 seconds 0-60 and 10.95 1/4 mile vs 3.2 seconds 0-60 and 11.2 seconds 1/4 mile for manual). The automatic has a "manual mode" where you can do shifting entirely with the paddle shifters- I realize it isn't the same thing but it's nice to have that option. Unlike the manual transmission, which doesn't have any kind of automatic mode for the times I inevitably get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic while driving in Houston.

That's why I chose an automatic when I bought the car for me. I have no problem if someone else decides they like manual better so they choose a manual if they buy a car like this for them.

I have found that the car gods don't really care as long as you pay their bills.
JobSecurity
AG
Salty
Old School Brother
just admit you can't drive a stick
meggy09
AG
foleyt said:

Salty

I mean, he's got a point. The comment he's replying to and others like it are pretty ignorant.

This trans is way different than the A4's of 15 years ago. It's faster in I think every aspect than a stick shift. I don't see how you can state a sports car isn't a true sports car (or something to that effect) if it's only got 2 pedals. GTR?? Porsche?? Didn't lambo just announce no more manual trans in any of their cars??

You can talk about "feel" "experience" or "connection to the road" if you want, and I'd probably agree, but the autos coming out these days make for a better, faster car. I'd think that is was matters at the bottom line.
aggiebq03+
meggy09 said:

foleyt said:

Salty

I mean, he's got a point. The comment he's replying to and others like it are pretty ignorant.

This trans is way different than the A4's of 15 years ago. It's faster in I think every aspect than a stick shift. I don't see how you can state a sports car isn't a true sports car (or something to that effect) if it's only got 2 pedals. GTR?? Porsche?? Didn't lambo just announce no more manual trans in any of their cars??

You can talk about "feel" "experience" or "connection to the road" if you want, and I'd probably agree, but the autos coming out these days make for a better, faster car. I'd think that is was matters at the bottom line.

You can say that because it's the truth.
'03ag
meggy09 said:

foleyt said:

Salty

I don't. It's not a race car. If I buy a car like that then I want to DRIVE it, and I couldn't care less if the guy in an auto is fractionally faster in the 1/4 mile. How does that impact me in any way?
meggy09
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

Ok. Good to know that GTRs, 911s with the PDK, BMW M cars with the DCT, all new lambos etc etc etc. aren't sports cars.
akn224
aggiebq03+ said:

meggy09 said:

foleyt said:

Salty

Like the other poster said, there are several companies that are going to Dual Clutch automatic only and not even offering manual as an option anymore. Nissan GTR is like that. Lamborghini is like that. I know that's what Porsche does for Panamera, 911 Turbo and GT3 (and GT3 RS), not sure if they are doing it across their line or not.

Regardless, didn't intend for this to be an automatic vs manual thread. My car is for sale and it has an automatic transmission. I love the car. But obviously if someone was in the market but wanted a manual transmission then this one wouldn't be right for them.
meggy09
AG
If I was buying a weekend only car I'd get a stick shift. I agree it is more enjoyable to drive in non daily situations. But that doesn't take anything away from the exact same platform, with an automatic, that performs better.

Everyone is going to have different definitions of sports car. In my opinion performance has to play a big part. I don't think a 2dr manual Altima is a sports car just because it's a coupe with stick shift, just like I don't think a automatic M3 in not a sports car.
cheeky
AG
With today's technology, manual trans are for pretenders. not a fan of any GM product, but the case is clear to enthusiasts who plan to put more than 600 miles on an exotic, and maybe still. Good luck with the sale.
Thisguy1
I give my buddy who has a high powered Camaro crap all the time for it being an automatic. He always says it's faster than a stick with today's computers and he's put a lot of money into that car.

Most people I know that are buying cars to race, but also as everyday drivers are buying automatic cars and not hesitating.
aggiebq03+
meggy09 said:

aggiebq03+ said:

Ok. Good to know that GTRs, 911s with the PDK, BMW M cars with the DCT, all new lambos etc etc etc. aren't sports cars.

Glad I could help you learn something new today.
akn224
Thanks everyone for looking! The car is sold.
Slwdsm

Sadly the auto is pretty much better in every way in most modern sports cars.

Faster at the track, easier in traffic and as good if not better mpg.

Still not as fun to drive... which is why I still have a manual
Aggielandma12
AG
The little Asian girl come with the car?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.