TiVo HD - $550 OBO

749 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by PLUM LOCO
Fuzzbutt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TiVo HD purchased in September. Has parts warranty through next September. Lifetime service is included and can be transferred into your name. This means that you will no longer have to pay the DVR fee (all you have to get is a cable card which is generally $1-$3/month).

The TiVo HD can be connected to your network to pull YouTube, Amazon, Blockbuster, and more video from online sources. They are also bringing Pandora to TiVo HD in an update soon (according to their website).

I purchased the TiVo HD for $299 and the Lifetime Service was $399. Everything works perfectly.

Works with Cable and OTA Antenna. Does not work with uVerse or Satellite.
Disco Stu
AG
Why would it not work with satellite?
Fuzzbutt
AG
Because they don't have cable cards. This box would replace the DVR box for cable subscribers. It pulls all of the channel information from the cable company and completely replaces it.
Fuzzbutt
AG
bump.
BEaggie08
AG
$350 plus shipping
Fuzzbutt
AG
Sorry, I need to get more for it than that. I think the price of $550 is pretty fair for items valued at $700+tax.

Where are you located? I'm in Austin but will be traveling though College Station and Houston several times in the upcoming weeks. I can bring the box if you would like to see that it is literally like new. I don't think that it would be able to be hooked up using my cable card outside of my house though.
BEaggie08
AG
I don't disagree that $550 is a fair price...but for me as an existing TiVo customer it isn't that good of a deal. The TiVo HD box can be had for about $200 now that the Premiere is out and I get a discount on lifetime service...so for me, $350 plus shipping or about $400 shipped is all I'm willing to fork over. I live in Colorado, so it would have to be shipped.

FWIW, TiVo is great and worth the $ IMO. I think $550 is worth it for someone new to TiVo. If you don't get any better offers you can email me at nvblake at yahoo dot com and maybe we can strike a deal.
Fuzzbutt
AG
Absolutely
BEaggie08
AG
Fuzz -- if you haven't already, try posting on Craigslist. I posted a ton of stuff on here and Craigslist when I left College Station last spring. Craigslist outperformed by far. I sold everything for more than I expected...
Fuzzbutt
AG
Will do. I wanted to post it on TexAgs to give an Aggie a shot at it first, but it doesn't look like it's moving too quickly here.
Fuzzbutt
AG
Still around
Fuzzbutt
AG
bump
PLUM LOCO
AG
Fuzz, I would try Ebay if I were you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.