Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

790 AM in houston talking about Spurrier

9,155 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by BoyNamedSue
JP_Losman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
These guys are talking about Spurrier possibly comin over here. I can see us pulling in Steve Spurrier. I agree with the guys on 790AM and I think he is tired of SC and would love to get into it with Mack Brown his old east coast rival in the Big 12 every year.
MSCAg
AG
I doubt it would happen, but I would love it.
JSM04
NO WAY IN HELL
rhtexfish
AG
sounds like fun...
texaggie90
AG
I doubt there is any way that would happen, but wouldn't that be cool?!?!?!
beavis0219
AG
I see this as a long shot at best but if couldn't win here, I don't know who could. He's a proven recruiter and game mgmt is great.
Herbie Hancock
AG
If that happens I'll change my legal name to Herbie Hancock. Not a chance.
Michael Carroll
AG
I'd go crazy if we got The Old Ball Coach. That would be better than Great.
JP_Losman
AG
why would u rule it out? Coaches these days bolt all the time and A&M is a top ten program in almost all catergories(everything but current winning)
C-2 92
AG
I doubt it but would like to see dueling visors in the Big XII South.
Javelina
D.J. Flores
AG
he is trying to get SC to upgrade facilities... we already have those facilities. SHOW HIM THE MONEY!!!!
citagg83
He was upset at the university earlier this year. The place is a dummp and it has to be difficult to get top recruits to want to play there. Maybe.
Mythical Champion
that would be awesome.

hotard92
AG
I'm all for Spurrier..We need a "Spurrier" type coach that will attract the big recruits and give instant exposore and credibility to the program.
NorthshoreAg
AG
although i would love it that is an extreme long shot.
houstontexan
uh, not happening.
jeffdjohnson
NO WAY.

He is an east coast guy. He doesn't need A&M to win. No way he leaves the beautiful golf in South Carolina to come to College Station.
98Ag99Grad
AG
No problem with that. He'll be in Louisiana this weekend; lets bring him in for a tour.
ontherocks
AG
its all abour our golf coarse... hope it lives up to his standards
JeTexas
no way he will come, and let me tell you why. he just pulled in a top 5 recruiting class and wont be leaving those guys behind.
ATM9000
AG
quote:
I'm all for Spurrier..We need a "Spurrier" type coach that will attract the big recruits and give instant exposore and credibility to the program.

I remember when RC was fired and people said the same thing except substitute Franchione for Spurrier. It's all about an up-and-comer with a lot to prove right now. That's what it took at OU and will take here too.
90ags
Not enough golf courses with 15 mile area...Hstn doesn't count as it's too far...he's a golf fanatic
sportsfreak1975
That could work......
ord89
AG
Don't know if it is possible, but I would love it. The guy has a competitive SC team. A&M > SC.
barnag
sweetness
gts96
puff puff pass
McInnis 03
AG
John Lopez (Class of '80's somewhere) is the co-host of that show you're listening too and he's convinced that people in the know have told him Spurrier would most definitely be interested in an A&M offer.

We'd be in rebuilding so long with him it wouldn't even be funny, we are the exact opposite right now of what his offense is.
Texaggie7nine
I never thought we would be able to pull a sitting coach from Bama...... Stranger things have happened.
Mister Randy Watson
He is a golf fanatic and a member at Augusta National. I seriously doubt he wants to leave the area.
schlomo
keep dreamin

we are not relevant anymore
jamag87
There's not enough golf courses in BCS to get him bail on S.C.

Seriously, as good as he's done @ s.c., the man's 62 years old and can't be burning to coach all that many more years.

TIF
Barely Stacked
AG
Ive said before that Spurrier would be a nice fit for us. He has the swagger we need and will not hesitate to bench a starter to find the hot hand.
BostonAg
AG
maybe then we'll have a qb that can throw the ball longer than 6 yards
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
He is a golf fanatic and a member at Augusta National. I seriously doubt he wants to leave the area.

He's a member at Augusta because of the South Carolina job. He's not leaving there until he retires. That membership is worth too much.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.