Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

790 AM in houston talking about Spurrier

9,216 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by BoyNamedSue
john2002ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, by all means, if Jeff Ward says it, it must be true.

The first call we make should be to Spurrier. If he laughs at us, so what? The worst he can do is say no.

Pelini seems to be the best and most reasonable choice.
Decay
AG
While that would be the most incredible thing ever, it ain't gonna happen.

Click clack!
OasisMan
AG
Spurrier is my top choice by far

i doubt he would ever leave the SEC though
Blanco Ag
AG
spurrier is not my top choice, but I would take him in a heartbeat over the bullcrap we have now.
TAMU1990
AG
Beep, Beep, Beep....

That's the Brinks truck backing up to pay Spurrier.

Whoever said that he couldn't recruit here doesn't know anything. Spurrier could recruit in an igloo if he needed too.
JRE
SS coming to Aggieland is not only improbable, but impossible. he is not going to give up his augusta membership, no expectations and being number one in his state to come to college station. It ain't happening.
aggiespurs
AG
that would be great
85AustinAg
AG
Jeff Ward is a sip. He's as biased as they come no matter what he says. He's laughing his arse off at our struggles and throws stuff like this out about us not being able to get anybody just to stir things up........
AgSwagg99
AG
Spurrier would be huge because it would instantly put fear in both Mack and Stoops. Not many coaches could do that.
tarrantcountyag
AG
The Augusta National membership alone keeps him at S.C.
Sink Maggots
Golf is too good in South Carolina.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Not Bill Byrne's style.
catfan
Time is ripe for getting a pay raise out of SC, especially if they somehow manage to beat the Tigers. SC averages more fans per game than A&M and the SEC payout is higher than the Big 12's.
Die Hard
I want someone young and hungry like BCG and Turgeon. Someone that Byrne will actually hire.
BoyNamedSue
SS's proven he's a great coach, but to turn things around it's going to take a coach with a monumental will to get out and outhustle Mack, Stoops, and whoever's at LSU (Miles, Pelini?) for the top players. Spurrier's already been kicked in the teeth by the media and fans at Washington so I doubt he wants to walk into the pressure-cooker A&M would be and all the expectations he'd have to meet. If he leaves SC it'll be to play golf FT and take a cush booth job. I'd love to see him take Holtz's spot and browbeat that idiot Mays every time he opens his mouth!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.