Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Had an interesting conversation with my friend...

11,589 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by Professional Ag
WineberryovrGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He goes to school at KU but is a bit of a t-shirt sip(he was even wearing a tu shirt at the time). He is usually better than me at making sports predictions because he follows all of the teams, and doesnt just focus on one team or conference he absolutely loves. Last night He brought up the Ags by asking me how well I thought they would do this season. I told him I was very excited and beleived our team would finish with 10+ wins and a possible Big 12 championship. After hearing this he started to vehemently agree with my points, and even went so far as to say we had a decent chance of going undefeated. This really got me pumped up because he usually never gives A&M much respect, and he is usually right to not make any lofty predictions. He also mentioned that S.M. is a complete bad ass, and he loves our running backs(old news). I just thought i'd share this because I was bored, and with the season coming closer the football talk between friends is starting to pick up.
BaronVonAggie
AG
We're like a hot chick who doesnt realize how hot she is.

By the way that attitude is 100x better than the Sip arrogance.
Exiled
Everyone's a genius in August.
WineberryovrGold
I feel you Exiled. Its just nice to know someone unbiased is as big of a genius as most of the nostradamus' around here.
PeekingDuck
AG
I called the Texas championship in August.

I think we'll beat everyone except Tech and Oklahoma.
VatoLocoAggie
I too thought we would lose to Tech this year in Lubbock but more I hear and more I read, there is no way we can lose to Tech.

We will go undefeated and play for the MNC!

Ags vs USC!
ExPeterKeating
"there is no way we can lose to Tech."

Your opinions are now considered null and void.
heddy Lamarr
AG
quote:

potd
BreNayPop
AG
I've been pleasantly surprised by the predictions of some sips I know bout the Ags this season...

I'll remain optimistic, but wait til the season gets going before I start guzzling the maroon koolaid.
Aggie_Fanatic
AG
there is not a team on our schedule that we are not better than. Not only that but we will win convincingly against every team we play.
cs69ag
AG
tech will finish 4-8 this year.
they will be 4-2, with losses to SMU in Dallas in their opener, and at Okie Lite in game 5!

In game 6, our Ags roll tech big time, and they never recover by losing their last 5 to
Mizzou, CU, Gaylor, t.u. and $OU$ for 6 losses in a row and a 4-8 finish, no bowl and the true exposure of what that classless program really is!
Cant Think of a Name
AG
Your friend does go to KU, so how smart could they be?
dreyOO
i would say that LAST year, our team didn't know how good they could be...

this year, it sounds like the team leaders know we can't screw around and lose the close ones b/c of focus or doubt in ourselves...they know there is usually just a few key plays in a game that keep you on the winning side of it. that sort of confidence and focus should make a difference this year. experience matters especially on the LINES

really, if we can go undefeated at home (reasonable) and 3-2 on teh road (nothing too extraordinary), that's very much in contention for the south
Bellaire12to7
I honestly think we have a 33% chance to win the BCS Championship.
bagger05
AG
UNDEFEATED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, BABY! WHO ELSE WANTS SOME OF THIS? THERE'S PLENTY TO GO AROUND!!!!!

Exiled
quote:
I honestly think we have a 33% chance to win the BCS Championship.
That puts us even with USC. Pass the kool aid.
schmendeler
AG
no, we're the average chick that is day dreaming that she's really a hot chick that doesn't know how hot she is.
Exiled
quote:
no, we're the average chick that is day dreaming that she's really a hot chick that doesn't know how hot she is.
Post of the year.
bagger05
AG
schmendeler
schmendeler
AG
if only freddie prinze jr. would come sweep us off our feet...

Aggie Pete
I can see the future! We go undefeated in the regular season and win the Big 12 Championship! Whoop!

Then we take on USC for the MNC and Coach Fran goes for it on 4th and one just like Pete Carroll did because he has taken so much heat from the fans. Just like USC we don't make it and USC wins on a last second touchdown by John David Booty.

We rip Fran for not punting the ball and have to hear it from the t-sips for the rest of our lives!
schmendeler
AG
quote:
Coach Fran goes for it on 4th and one just like Pete Carroll did because he has taken so much heat from the fans.

i never knew that pete carroll tried to win a game by kicking 3 consecutive field goals.
Aggie Pete
Good point!
schmendeler
AG
well anyway, it's not gonna happen, because the gospel according to miller58 says next year is when we win the MNC.
Aggie Pete
Not if our O-line graduates and Bennett goes pro.
AggieDO97
AG
quote:

- BaronVonAggie

Agree. Always better to have someone else to extol your greatness than to have to brag about it yourself.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Master of Puppets
We're actually like a fat chick who would be really hot if she lost a lot of weight.
schmendeler
AG
does this fat chick eat alot of little debbies?
OneWestchaseCenter
We're the listeater
MaroonMachine
quote:
Your friend does go to KU, so how smart could they be?

LMAO...Your sentence starts off talking about 1 person and morphs into plural. How smart can you be?

I am an Aggie, an Aggie is me, I'm true Maroon, from my head to my feet!

BTHO...EVERYONE!!!!
claym711
AG
quote:

God, I love those
AgKJ
AG
When do we get to see the INTERESTING conversation that he had with his friend?
MallalieuAg
AG
This has to be the year becomes of so many veterans coming back and many seniors starting.
No excuses! Even though they are ready being made about the schedule. But good teams find a way to win.
shotty427
The Ags have a good team, maybe their best one in 9 years.

"I honestly think we have a 33% chance to win the BCS Championship"

Nobody, not USC, not Texas, not Florida and certainly not a&m has this good a chance. I'd put the Ags chance at somewhere near 20-1.
TruAg
AG
Seems to me that someone must have opened up a keg of maroon Kool-Aid...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.