Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Questions about: Tommy Dorman committed to Texas A&M

5,671 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by nosoupforyou
wisdom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What class is he in and how many stars?

Birdville quarterback Tommy Dorman (6-foot-3, 205 pounds) committed to Texas A&M on Sunday, nearly a month after the Aggies officially offered him a scholarship.
Dorman, who fell in love with the school after attending Texas A&M's camp last summer, is among the state's top returning quarterbacks in 2007. As a junior, he finished the regular season 99 of 175 for 1,685 yards and 22 touchdowns. He also had 109 carries for 749 yards and 14 touchdowns.
"I wasn't going to commit if it didn't feel right," said Dorman, who visited the school over the weekend with his family. "... I love the school. I just wanted to look at my options. With spring practice coming up, I wanted to focus on Birdville High School instead of having to worry about where I'm going to college."

Sq16Aggie2006
class of '08 probably high 3 star or low 4 star
AgRob
graduating early, so counted in 07 class?
Keegan99
AG
quote:
Dorman, who fell in love with the school after attending Texas A&M's camp last summer, is among the state's top returning quarterbacks in 2007. As a junior, he finished the regular season 99 of 175 for 1,685 yards and 22 touchdowns. He also had 109 carries for 749 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Well, he's a returning player and has stats for a junior year, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he'll be a senior next year and sign in February of '08.

Unless he graduates early, of course.

[This message has been edited by Keegan99 (edited 2/19/2007 8:49p).]
wisdom
AG
Keegan99 - Very good. Thanks for the help on that!
Gap
AG
Humorous that some want to believe that a guy that will be getting national top 100 mention is only 3 or 4 stars...You are reading too much orange-stuff.
ljharrisbo
I think there were two QBs in the top 250 rivals had and he was not one of them.
Gap
AG
Rivals doesn't even pretend to have a clue about 2008 recruits at this point.
bat61
AG
This obsession with these f***ing stars! I hope Dorman is a 1-star. Who cares -- ?

I recall reading on a recruiting website -- not this one -- sometime past that one of the recruiting gurus on rivals or scout or whatever that assign these precious stars is a retired postman.

Have any posters here seen the resumes or biographies of these hallowed recruiting "experts." I'm yearning to read of their experience and qualifications. If they're such great talent evaluators, why aren't they college football coaches?

Their unassailable recruiting assessments obviously negate the 10, 20, 30 years of success, or lack of success, of college coaching staffs and their recruiting evaluations.

I can't imagine a college head football coach and his staff anywhere placing their success and their very careers on a stupid internet star rating system.

I posted last week my opinion on another site that, last November, the Aggies took a bunch on unhearlaed 3-stars into Austin and beat a team loaded with 4-star and 5-star recruits.

Go figure --
FrioAg 00
AG
Usually when you beat Mac out for a QB in February it is a VERY good thing.

He is easily a 4-star talent, but more importantly he is perfect for this offensive system. Our QB and RB talent stockpile is the best it has been in at least 13 years.
beerad12man
AG
quote:
I just wanted to look at my options

Well, if it was......the option...... that he was looking for, then I can see why he came to A&M
PanFriedSteak
I've seen him play and saw tape of him. I don't know star level because I don't pay any attention to that stuff anyway. The kid is a player. Good arm and runs their offense like he knows what he is doing. He will be a plus for us.

Lock and Load
Bellaire12to7
He will be our starter at some point. He is a player.
PJYoung
AG
quote:
how many stars?

Rivals won't be assigning stars for quite some time. Just know that we got a guy that we offered very early. That's a great sign.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
He should be a 4* as he is ranked EARLY as between #35-40 in the state overall... he is the top-ranked dual-threat QB in Texas.

He is on schedule to graduate in December
ljharrisbo
"Rivals doesn't even pretend to have a clue about 2008 recruits at this point."

Then why did they send out a list of the top 250 players to watch?
Doctor51
AG
This is how good he is........tu, osu, tcu, florida state, michigan, miami and others were calling.
Classactaggie
From his stats it looks like he will be a good option runner.
navy57
S
Dorman had the potential to be a Rivals **** or ***** --- until he committed to the Aggies.

Ketch will drop him to *** at most.

The ***s will mean very little until 3 years from signing day anyhow.

Gig 'Em, Aggies !!
Citizen Reign
navy got it right
Macarthur
quote:
StrongbadAg

He should be a 4* as he is ranked EARLY as between #35-40 in the state overall... he is the top-ranked dual-threat QB in Texas.

That's too low. If he's not a top 20 player in the state, then the list is bogus. I've seen him play and he's one of the best football palyers in the plex regardless of position. And if he's anything lower than a 4*, that will simply fan the flames of Rivals' bias.

[This message has been edited by Macarthur (edited 2/20/2007 1:06p).]
FrontPorchAg
Keegan I think he is a spring commit so could in theory commit to the 07 class.
beefcake435
I'm glad we have the deepest QB and RB roster ever at A&M. We will need the bodies since we won't have any depth at the line. Unless most of these guys get on the J-Train diet and move to the trenches, we could be playing a version of intramural/rugby style lateral and run.
nosoupforyou
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

He is on schedule to graduate in December

The guy we took over RG3...

We did seem to have confidence in him but he was behind Showers and Joeckel when he transferred
nosoupforyou
AG
Jason Howell shared on Premium that RG3's recruitment was one of his Top 5 favorites

Apparently we didn't consider him and took Tommy Dorman in that same class

Did some searching and found this old thread - on the FB board..

So now you know the context of the bump
CW Griswold
Windy City Ag
AG
Love these threads.

Quote:

- Usually when you beat Mac out for a QB in February it is a VERY good thing.

He is easily a 4-star talent, but more importantly he is perfect for this offensive system. Our QB and RB talent stockpile is the best it has been in at least 13 years.

- He will be our starter at some point. He is a player.

- This is how good he is........tu, osu, tcu, florida state, michigan, miami and others were calling.

- That's too low. If he's not a top 20 player in the state, then the list is bogus. I've seen him play and he's one of the best football palyers in the plex regardless of position. And if he's anything lower than a 4*, that will simply fan the flames of Rivals' bias.

and not too much later.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2173840

Quote:

What happened to Tommy Dorman?

- I think Coach Sherman moved him to fullback...dunno if he transferred

- He was switched to TE when he was falling back on the depth chart behind Showers/Joeckel at QB under Sherman.

- He was a combo TE/FB for awhile under Sherman. Think he left the team

Slamn Sharpe
His HS film looked pretty darn promising. I remember his recruitment. Just one of those that simply didn't pan out
nosoupforyou
AG
Nice work!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.