Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Poop thrower officially charged

24,144 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by SolidT05
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The other part of this story was posted on AO. While his decision was a poor one, there was a reason and he acted at the spur of the moment. If the poster that posted it there cares to share it they will. Not an excuse for his behavior but there was a reason.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Yeah, because we make it a habit of throwing manure on our opponents. I feel safe in saying this has never happened in Austin.

Seriously, if you can rationalize this, you are an idiot. There is no excuse and no explanation for this. None. It is not good bull.

Drinks and cups do not = horse manure. If you cannot see that, you are a functional retard.

By attempting to spin and defend, you are representing your school very poorly.

Texas A&M University is doing the right thing. The world realizes this CT is not a true representative of your university, but some of you that are defending the guy concern me.

Very true.

Bottom line, a stupid prank or rivalry action. But should not have occurred. He should be punished, so stop making excuses. It is embarassing enough.
bagger05
AG
I think that if I were the one making this decision, I would deal with this kid pretty harshly. I think that the act itself was a pretty a**hole thing to do, but ultimately it was fairly harmless (as in not dangerous like throwing a dense heavy object at someone 30 feet below you). The bad seeds of the cav have been the black eye of the Corps for years, and I think that this situation could have been avoided if you had made some examples out of people previously. I think that this provides an opportunity to send a message, and if you don't deal with this kid, you are going to have a worse situation down the road somewhere.

I don't think that this kid has much to worry about. Van Alstyne will most likely make him Corps Commander.
DecadePlan
AG
The worst I ever got in DKR was my freshman year, 1980. A full toilet paper roll in the back of the head - it was actually a good shot and hurt like the dickens.

I was sitting in the middle of the horn student section as we upset them for the second year in a row, 24-14.

Knowing me and how much I "enjoyed" that victory, I can say without reservation that I most likely deserved it!
Horn_In_CS
quote:
He did something really stupid but who's to say the people he threw it at didn't deserve it...I mean, no one knows if it was provoked or not.

You make a good point-- the kid took a load of horse sh*t to the game just in case he encountered provocative behavior.
4stringAg
AG
quote:
My theory: Sullivan hated and despised Longhorns. He believed the Aggie rhetoric about Horns, and believed it applied to ALL Longhorns. Otherwise, why does he throw feces on a group of band members he doesn't even know? Band members! He came to believe that Longhorns are worthy of being in a pile of manure -- ANY and ALL Longhorns. He probably thought he'd be saluted for it

Do you really believe this? I'm not justifying by any stretch but I can't believe the kid just out of the blue decided to toss some horse **** around. He (or the PMC) was probably being chided by some of these band members and he (wrongly) decided to "retaliate" by tossing the crap. Dumb move, but most likely not pre-meditated as you are implying.

I agree with those that say he should be punished but not be kicked out of school. Maybe a suspension from Corps activities and booted from PMC but he should at least be allowed to continue his education. It solves nothing to kick this guys out of A&M.
tonyaggie04
Come on Ags, its really not a big deal. Yes he probally could have chosen a better way to handle it, but most likely he was provoked. Its really not a big issue though. I think its good bull and 20 years ago it would have been laughed about and over with. Now everyone is so concerned about being PC they cant enjoy a good prank. I personally think it is hillarious and really not a big deal. However throwing liqour bottles is and that would be idiotic b/c that could actually harm someone. Throwing **** isn't going to hurt anyone. Its funny. The sips need to calm down and get their off their high horse and laugh about it. Its just good bull. Everyone lighten up and enjoy life.
corndog04
AG
quote:
Throwing **** isn't going to hurt anyone. Its funny.

Would you think it was funny if someone pelted you with it? Probably not. It definately is not good bull. I don't think we should kick him out of the school, but I hope he gets kicked out of PMC and maybe even the Corps.

It is also sad that you guys are justifying this by actions you have seen sips do in the past. I will trust them to take care of their own problems, and if they don't, I am disappointed with them. That doesn't give us an excuse not to take care of our own problems.
Ellis Wyatt
I am through with this thread. Some of you are poor excuses for human beings.

I'm sure the majority of Aggies (who are decent folk) are really proud of you and the poo flinger.

Carry on with your rationalization.
DecadePlan
AG
quote:
You make a good point-- the kid took a load of horse sh*t to the game just in case he encountered provocative behavior

(sigh) Google "Parsons Mounted Cavalry". If you see the word "horse" in there, you can assume it brough it's own **** and this kid was probably pushing a certain orange wheelbarrow behind it.
tonyaggie04
I was not trying to justify it and actually I probally would laugh, yes initially I might be upset just as most people would when any good prank is pulled but then Id probally laugh. I mean its just poo everyone calm down. Let him right some apology letters and just let it go.
WookieTheRookie
quote:

Was just about to weigh in, but hell, if Pete's leaving...

-----

Thank you for pointing out that there are two "e's" in Wookiee. Please note that there are also two "e's" in geek.
aggie_2001_2005
Horn in CS = dumbass

if horn in cs believes the crap was brought to the game by the PMC member
Texas_Fan
I was only responding to that one poster. Is that allowed? What is the magic number of retarded posts do I have to read before I can respond? Lastly, aren't you just responding to me?

I agree that almost all aggies are taking the high ground regarding the poop flinger. But I won't be surprised if it turns out over time that the many many ags think the poop incident was justified and simply a reaction to that horrible UT band.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
Most likely he'll be suspended from the Corps for a semester, suspended from the Cav permanently and then come back to marching tours, restricted weekends and a ton of community service hours.
Just an opinion:

That may be his punishment from the corps, but I am almost sure now that criminal charges have been filed he will go through the SCRS process which will give him a punishment as well. At the very least this kid gets conduct probation for a year (cannot hold any type of leadership position at A&M). What I think is far more likely is a deferred suspension (conduct probation w/ a few more penalties including loss of scholarships) or even suspension for a semester or two.

Expulsion is reserved more for students who commit a more serious or violent crime. Some examples I heard when I was involved with this (not the person being punished) included a guy who commited a violent crime with a knife.

[This message has been edited by aggiedave05 (edited 11/28/2005 2:17p).]
SteveBott
AG
Tex Pete

dont let the door hit you in the A$$ on your way out.

You guys are way too aggrevated on this. One guy does not do the right thing who is probably 18-20 years old?

Man I can remember MANY actions I reqret at that age. TOO many!
WookieTheRookie
Steven, I SO agree. And truly how many of these posts justifying this would we even see if there weren't sips lurking around to get riled up? Ags would ignore them but watching the sips get worked up only invites antagonism.

Shoot, in a million years I'd never excuse this. But insofar as making excuses for this sophomore college kid pisses off sips, I'm sorry, that's just fun.
Triple-T
AG
That reminds me of something tceh would do.
DecadePlan
AG
quote:
I was only responding to that one poster. Is that allowed? What is the magic number of retarded posts do I have to read before I can respond? Lastly, aren't you just responding to me?

I teed off on your use of the words "Aggie logic" to respond to that one poster. Throwing all of us into your scornful post belied all these pretty words you use about most of us taking higher ground.

Besides, do you think - EVEN FOR A SECOND - that had this happened in reverse, there wouldn't be a hundred posts laughing and mocking the "poor Aggie" over on hornsfan?
FTAClassof08
I think the ones that got showered with the poo made up for all of the sips in the stands screaming "make em eat sh*t" in my 5 year old nephew's ears during texas fights
IIIHorn
I dunno ...

Whether or not the guy gets a stiff penalty is pretty much a crap shoot.

~(%^0)

HRLIII

His Royal Lameness has spoken!

( ...voice punctuated with a clap of distant thunder... )
HockeyAg07
AG
I'm not sayin i condone this, but it is pretty freakin funny if you ask me. "let's throw POOP at them!"
IIIHorn
Halftime show next year ...

Bevo Bagles vs. Horse Pucks.

One benefit ...

Free fertilizer.

~(%^0)

HRLIII

His Royal Lameness has spoken!

( ...voice punctuated with a clap of distant thunder... )
harley573
S
Whatever happened to having a little more class than that school in Austin? I say, kick him out. Make an example. Apparently we all need a reminder not to stoop to the whorns' level.
NAS
Hell, if he had done that to me, I'd have taken a coke cup to the toilet, crapped in it, and then taken it BACK to the stands and thrown it on him.
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
Everyone needs to lighten up on this. This kid will be in too much trouble. It is funny as hell.

Aston04
AG
quote:
I was unaware there was a good reason to throw feces on another human being. 32 years, and I haven't done it yet.

Obviously there could be a circumstance warranting it- for example self-defense, obviously unlikely, but plausable...

All things considered, poor attempt to sound all high and mighty...
Bob Dobbs
I, for one, think this is a brilliant and heroic act that is symbolic, as well, as I have endured the repulsive and obscene verbal ****e flung by tu band slime, and I am sure they deserved it.

It should be memorialized annually by a throw dung on the horns skit at Bonfire.
Jimmie Dimmick
quote:

Get a grip, drama queen.
speedy
AG
Have been away and just found out about this.

This is why I will never support the Corps Association. Every year you read something about an issue that reflects badly on the school and the organization that shows that they just cannot control their own.

The entire incident makes no sense at all and is not good for the school.
MasterAggie
AG
The kid was obviously asked to provide lunch for the sip band!

AggieNAnnArbor
[Flame post deleted. User warned -- Texags.com Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 11/28/2005 7:25p).]
OldArmy71
AG
Ann Arbor, you know where you can jolly well go.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
OK. it was spontaneous and wrong. He is being punished. His commanders INSYANTLY held him accountable.

He will be punished at the level for the crime--it is not murder or a felony.

I don't see anyone not saying this is an isolated incident.

BillBraskyAg
how much poo did this guy fling?? i mean if it was like a whole shovel load, thats a lot, but what if it was just about as much as the average dog crap??? thats not nearly as bad. Plus horse poop isnt as bad as dog poop.

Not behavior becoming of an Aggie. Kicked out of Corps...yes. Kicked out of university?? hell no. I mean this guy did something foolish, but come on. I am a little familiar with conflict resolution services and he will probably be on sort of suspesion, just probabtion if they are merciful.

I like how everyone makes this out to be some sort of microcosm that represents every student at A&M. It was pretty obvious that he was the lone poo flinger and acted alone. People do stupid things in college, i mean he didnt stab anyone.

------------------------

Aggies Never Give Up!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.