Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Poop thrower officially charged

24,148 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by SolidT05
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm certain they could come up with a punishment that is a fitting alternative to getting kicked out.
How about weekend public bathroom cleanup duty at the Houston bus station for 1 year? Expulsion from school is way too harsh.
Texas_Fan
Ags are way out of line insinuating Texas would not punish similar behavior. If it was a UT band member or APO who did this to a corp member for instance, they would have been jerked out just as quickly as the corp guy.

You can pretend otherwise if it makes you feel better after 6 in a row.

[This message has been edited by Texas_Fan (edited 11/28/2005 11:47a).]
chick79
AG
I don't care how much he may have been provoked... this was totally uncalled for! The PMC is not the elite of the Corps and it certainly showed on Friday!
aggie_2001_2005
quote:
You can pretend otherwise if it makes you feel better after 6 in a row

And it's someone saying **** like this that would make me think about flinging crap at them.
rcb05
AG
Nothing wrong with the criminal charges IMO, he'll still get off pretty light. Prolly shouldn't be in Parsons anymore, but kicking him out of the Corps or A&M is ludicrous.
IIIHorn
So ...

Who got the scoop on this one?

~(%^D)

HRLIII

His Royal Lameness has spoken!

( ...voice punctuated with a clap of distant thunder... )
Texas_Fan
I understand your sentiments regarding my comment aggie 01-05.

I've read scores of posts saying if it were in Austin by a Longhorn, it would be overlooked. That "holier than thou attitude" is BS.

I've now seen 3 posts where aggies feel it could have been provoked. That is BS too. Weak.

My conclusion is those posts are from people who are bitter about 6 in a row. Nothing more.
AgDotCom
I'd much rather get hit by flying horse manure than a 30-50 mph beer / whiskey bottle or Eveready D cell. Though I hope nobody ever has this happen to them, I would be curious what your "choice" would be. Many years ago a friend of mine got cracked by a half full can of beer at spring break and it was not pretty.

Not minimizing what happened, just drawing a distinction. The manure is disgusting but relatively innocuous...although the dumbassery of it is monumental.
Gap
AG
...except the liquor bottle could have seriously injured, killed, or maimed me, my wife, or kids. The cops in Austin didn't even show concern. They wouldn't go up there to try to identify anyone or watch the area to ensure it didn't happen again.

A&M did the corrct thing. Too bad other schools could care less.
aggie_2001_2005
Edit--to Texas Fan...

Not really....I'm just saying, maybe he got 1 too many Nazi comments or someone said something very disrespectful and he snapped. Or he could have just decided he was going to be an ass that morning.

I guess only he and a few others actually know at this point.

That doesn't excuse his actions, and he should receive a punishment. I'm sure t.u. would deal with a similar incident in a comparable manner.

[This message has been edited by aggie_2001_2005 (edited 11/28/2005 12:06p).]
aggie_2001_2005
Furthermore, more of my distaste for dropping 6 straight to the sips on the grid-iron is directed at A&M's leadership than at t.u.
spherical
AG
he should definetly be kicked out of the corps. but you can't kick him out of school for that. most of those great dorm pranks you'll find in any Good Bull book were worse than that.

kids make mistakes, you can't ruin their future over one.
Last_One_2_Shine_Sully
Most likely he'll be suspended from the Corps for a semester, suspended from the Cav permanently and then come back to marching tours, restricted weekends and a ton of community service hours.

Other than an apology to Texas band, he really doesn't deserve much more punishment than that.

It does make you wonder what would have happened to the Bevo branders if they had gotten caught in 2005.

TexAgs.com...WHERE PERCEPTION EQUALS REALITY...
AJC1977
my hat goes off to him. we should make Kyle less hospitable to the enemy.

I especially think it's funny he threw it at the toy cowboy band.

Good stuff.
Smilin Jack
Once again, the ugly, idolatrous "bitterness that ne'er be told" cannot be contained.
f2foxes2001
AG
you all are a bunch of poons. I thinks its good bull and if a sip had thrown bottles or batteries at us, like they do in austin, then its excused as "good rivalry banter." I think some of these vision 20/20 ags have gone soft. Sure, make him write a formal letter to the t-sip bqs apologizing, have him dry clean their roy rogers uniforms, heaven forbid they actually get any horse-sh*t on their pretty Luchese boots, and give him some marching tours or something like that. The sips will always gladly dish it, but can never take it. I know if one of my buddies got marching tours for that, then I gladly go and march them with him, as would the rest of them. Buck up ags, and lay off the political correctness pipe.
Smilin Jack
Class and tradition.
Shaft
f2foxes, I didn't know they had internet service out to your double-wide yet.
blinnag2
"I'd like to see his butt at Blinn come January 1st!"

Blinn doesnt need idiots like that guy. He needs to be kicked out of school that is for sure, it makes us look real bad.
pants
Idolatrous?
aggie_2001_2005
It was a big word that sounded good.
DecadePlan
AG
Sorry blinnag, I didn't mean to disparage your school. My point is that he needs to be removed from A&M for a semester.

After that, time to move on and not let a stupid moment ruin a kids life and dreams. I would expect that most mature horns would see it the same way.

By the way, any idea that smart aleck comments about this are the result of 6 years of frustration are dumb. Behind the anonymity of a message board, some people just like to bring a little levity to a bad situation. You take yourself too seriously to think their smart-assedness is about you.
Dogbert
The poop hit three people: the UT band director, a drum major, and Bob Cole, the UT public address announcer and KVET radio talk show host. Cole apparently talked about the incident on his show this morning, but I don't have details of what was said.

[This message has been edited by Dogbert (edited 11/28/2005 1:00p).]
aggie028
AG
haha, I heard the band was talking trash all game and was saying some really degrading stuff... serves them right in my opinion
CT 89
AG
Back in my day, that was good bull, not a criminal offense.

Founders of Tradition - Keepers of the Spirit
DecadePlan
AG
If it happened before the game 028, I'd say our li'l cadet gave them plenty of ammo to talk trash the whole game.

Face it, they would've any way. And a hunnert says our band did the same.
Ellis Wyatt
quote:
The sips will always gladly dish it, but can never take it.
Yeah, because we make it a habit of throwing manure on our opponents. I feel safe in saying this has never happened in Austin.

Seriously, if you can rationalize this, you are an idiot. There is no excuse and no explanation for this. None. It is not good bull.

Drinks and cups do not = horse manure. If you cannot see that, you are a functional retard.

By attempting to spin and defend, you are representing your school very poorly.

Texas A&M University is doing the right thing. The world realizes this CT is not a true representative of your university, but some of you that are defending the guy concern me.
HornsRuleU
Throwing a glass bottle is assault with a deadly weapon, or attempted assault. Had you reported it, perhaps the ugly Longhorn fan (assuming it was a Longhorn) could have been brought to justice. That's what they did after the Pistons/Pacers melee, and it's what they're doing at CU-Boulder.

I'm disgusted with those claiming to support the University of Texas while failing to treat others with class or dignity.

As for Mr. Sullivan and the horse feces, his choice does NOT reflect upon the morals of Aggies, nor does it affect perception of TAMU. It could, however, be seen as part of a trend of Corps misdeeds. (That just occurred to me, as I was writing this: "As far as we know, it was one disgraceful individual who went too far at one game." )

Let's look beyond this isolated incident, to learn the real lesson:
1. What motivated Mr. Sullivan?
2. Could Aggies AND Longhorns learn something from understanding that?

My theory: Sullivan hated and despised Longhorns. He believed the Aggie rhetoric about Horns, and believed it applied to ALL Longhorns. Otherwise, why does he throw feces on a group of band members he doesn't even know? Band members! He came to believe that Longhorns are worthy of being in a pile of manure -- ANY and ALL Longhorns. He probably thought the Corps would love him for it.

What is the rhetoric? The common line seems to be that all Longhorns are arrogant hippies without a shred of decency.

The truth is, there is no one type of person that is a Longhorn. Longhorns are nothing if not diverse. There are disgraceful Longhorns, to be sure, but there are Longhorns with intelligence, guts, morals, compassion, and faith in God. You can be a godly Christian, a godless atheist, or even a wiccan -- there are others like you at the University of Texas. Texas has plenty of kids studying to be engineers, architects, writers, teachers,
artists, business executives, and so on. There are alchoholic frat types, Donald Trump types, and Save the Whales types, too. There are probably student groups of people who mostly share the same opinions as you do. There are also plenty who will challenge your beliefs. You will come away with a good understanding of the diversity of people in this world.

Let's pick on the Longhorns, too. We Longhorns have our own anti-Aggie rhetoric. Some is just tongue-in-cheek, like the tasteless jokes. There are also concerns about certain issues in Aggieland values. Hopefully this is an unfair stereotype. I've got to think that a group of people whose core culture (p.i.) makes a big point of not lying, cheating or stealing would have better morals than Longhorns claim. I've got to think with a student body as large as yours, that there is a respect for others different than ourselves.

The fact is, both schools have very good programs in a variety of subjects. Both schools have a variety of students, professors and administrators with various levels of intelligence, moral codes, and adherence to those codes. There ought to be more respect for Aggies by Longhorns, and vice-versa, and less rhetoric.

The smack is fun until some kid is stupid enough to believe it. Just be glad it was flinging poop, instead of charging with a sword.

[This message has been edited by HornsRuleU (edited 11/28/2005 1:43p).]
Texas_Fan
haha 028, you don't know what you are posting about. It happened way before the game. Don't let the facts get in your way though. Maybe you can justify it by the events that happened after the poop was thrown. Aggie logic.
DecadePlan
AG
That post has a lot of good and decent info in it. But I'm more inclined to think this was a kid acting on the spur of the moment, grasping for the ring of glory and instead getting rings clamped on his wrist and the scorn of a university.

It was a flash decision by a kid. Nothing more, nothing less. He had a shovel, poop and a target - brain cells chemically realigned, testosterone made the batch rise and he cooked his own goose.
Aggie521
AG
"Every party needs a poopa, that's why we have ah you ah..."

"It's our job to get this football program where it needs to be right now."
- Stephen McGee following the 2005 loss to tu
Ellis Wyatt
The students who abducted Reveille in the 90's were kicked out of school. I am pretty sure this is more serious than that.
TexAg2004
AG
I ate lunch with 4 other Ags and 2 Longhorns at lunch at work today... it got brought up... we all laughed... we moved on.

DecadePlan
AG
quote:
Aggie logic.

You have the audacity to say this after reading 99% of the posts on here condemning this kid? And just when I was about to say that no longhorn deserved a lap full of horse poop! I'll reserve one lap. You ain't using longhorn logic, you're just an idiot!
goodAg80
AG
The best I can tell A&M is handling this well.

It rankles to see you steer fans getting all sanctimonous. I have been to DKRMS enough times to see the crap that is thrown by students at Aggies. Some very dangerous stuff was thrown (not just embarrassing things like horse manure and paper cups). Nothing was done about it. I repeat NOTHING was done by any administrators, security staff or other students to stop this. Until The University takes reponsibility for things like this, not one 'concerned citizen' should come flouting his high minded lecturing about how Aggies should behave. You have glass houses that you should look after first.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.