Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas Tech is a more desirable coaching job than A&M...

28,803 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Seersucker Ag 2011
romanagg11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah I agree with OP that Tech's Chess Coaching Job is more desirable than A&Ms. Also, the city of Lubbock did a fantastic job on the "Grid" system and driving in and around that city..... MMMMuch better than city of College Station, imo.

#alternativefacts
goodAg80
AG
Flexbone said:

Rocco S said:

Crap. Thought this was OR

What an idiot.
You fell for it though.
Flexbone
goodAg80 said:

Flexbone said:

Rocco S said:

Crap. Thought this was OR

What an idiot.
You fell for it though.

So burned.
joeagg321
AG
I have always thought A&M Football was an attractive coaching job, but I could never bring myself to put it as high as some other Aggies. But, the fact that Jimbo came here and seeing the coaches that joined him is a better testimony of what the coaching world thinks about the football jobs here than the testimony I could offer.
TheDraw
AG
AgLaw said:

Ten years from now, tech will look at their little run against us as the Glory Years. And their stadium will still suck.
Here we are 13 years later. This is true.
halfastros81
AG
Tech job is roughly equal to Ms State imo. A & M is a lot better job with a sustainable Top 10-15 type ceiling but no one has been able to make it happen. Both Tech and Ms St have beaten us regularly which goes to show coaching really does matter.
rocky the dog
AG
LEJ
lubbock mud rain showers > bcs mud rain showers

Geriatric Punk
AG
I laughed.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
bmorton
AG
South plains, panhandle: 2011 thru 2015, worst draught in recorded history.

2018, repeat. About 1inch of precip in LBK since Dec. There have been spots, but at my house that is about it.

Stay away!
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I was once trash talking one of my high school 'friends' who went to Tech about the 2011 game. After we thoroughly beat them he then, for some reason, wanted to change the subject to how much better their Ag program was than ours. Must be because both of us are Ag schools and only one of us is a football school.
Showstopper
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

I was once trash talking one of my high school 'friends' who went to Tech about the 2011 game. After we thoroughly beat them he then, for some reason, wanted to change the subject to how much better their Ag program was than ours. Must be because both of us are Ag schools and only one of us is a football school.
I didn't realize college of Ag academic smack talk was a thing. That's said, I feel pretty confident in saying we beat the crap out of them in that as well.
APHIS AG
MaroonBlood05 said:

Tech doesn't compare to us in anyway, facilities, coaching, anything. I feel like we're basically even with the sips at this point, although i would like to think that within a few years, we will begin to surpass them in some areas.
The only thing I will compare tt to is the stuff I accidentally step in when crossing a cow pasture.
p-wonk01
AG
rocky the dog said:

User name checks out
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
1). Im an Aggie, My wife is an Aggie, our roots are in BCS
2). I own a business in Lubbock so feel compelled to comment that THEY ARE THE MOST DELUSIONAL FAN BASE ON THE PLANET.

If you want a good laugh and find yourself in Lubbock, just cruise around listening to the local sports talk radio... The delusion is real.
Aggie Owned and Operated by Jarrad and Elisha McLeod Class of 2003 and 2006! The Official Mattress Provider of TexAgs!
Synopsis
Andrew99 said:

I think you should compare coach salary, assistant coach salaries, stadium design, facilities quality, winning tradition and fan support in order to determine which coaching job is better.

I'm not certain about facilities, but I'm pretty sure we have them beat on everything else. I don't think it's even close to compare the two.

Comparing A&M to tu would be much more interesting. They have a better winning tradition, but we're not far behind. I think we have a better fan base, but I'm sure they'd disagree. I think we are close on facilities, but we're in an arms race there. Stadium design is comparable, although I prefer ours of course, and we're in an arms race here too. I'm not sure about salaries though, but I think Fran is likely to get a nice bump if we start getting in the top 10 consistently again.

Not sure about facilities? Are you kidding?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Synopsis said:

Andrew99 said:

I think you should compare coach salary, assistant coach salaries, stadium design, facilities quality, winning tradition and fan support in order to determine which coaching job is better.

I'm not certain about facilities, but I'm pretty sure we have them beat on everything else. I don't think it's even close to compare the two.

Comparing A&M to tu would be much more interesting. They have a better winning tradition, but we're not far behind. I think we have a better fan base, but I'm sure they'd disagree. I think we are close on facilities, but we're in an arms race there. Stadium design is comparable, although I prefer ours of course, and we're in an arms race here too. I'm not sure about salaries though, but I think Fran is likely to get a nice bump if we start getting in the top 10 consistently again.

Not sure about facilities? Are you kidding?
You're talking to 2005.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.