Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Why did anyone expect anything different??

5,326 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by turboboost
kevmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We're on our 6th head coach in the last 23 years

We are 89-89 in conference games since then

We have not won a conference title since 1998

Too many our fans drink the koolaide , listen to the Texags guys (lol) and buy in

This is a 8-4 at best likely 7-5 team

Elko is not " the guy" .. we will be doing this all over again in 5-6 years.

Honestly I'm convinced nothing will ever change. Well catch lighting in a bottle and have a good season every 10 years or so…. But been watching A&M football since the early 80's. Nothing changes but the dates on the calendar . We are who we are
Slicer97
AG
Because we thought we had a QB that could complete a pass more than 5 yards downfield.
APHIS AG
Slicer97 said:

Because we thought we had a QB that could complete a pass more than 5 yards downfield.
This. Along with a coach that will not bench the starter for someone else when he is struggling.
Dolemite
AG
Unfortunately, this is exactly what I expected. I'll be back for more every game day until rapture..
Ghost91
kevmiller said:

Too many our fans drink the koolaide , listen to the Texags guys (lol) and buy in

Honestly I'm convinced nothing will ever change. Well catch lighting in a bottle and have a good season every 10 years or so…. But been watching A&M football since the early 80's. Nothing changes but the dates on the calendar . We are who we are

No, THIS. It really sums it up perfectly.
girlfriend_experience
Quote:

knoxtom
It really makes no sense.

We sucked last year.
Our qbs only success ever was against trash teams.
We lost most of our best players.
We replaced them with poor transfers.

And everyone expected us to be a playoff team.

I have zero idea why anyone thought this team was any good
ilovequeso
AG
Why don't yall just stop watching the Ags if you're going to go so off the deep end with one loss to a number 7 ranked opponent. It's Mike Elmo's first game. Chill the hell out.
sharpdressedman
Way too much falsely optimistic information was pumped by the usual hucksters in recent months, and assuredly emphasized by them in the past few weeks. It's the same bs we hear and read every year, and we want so much to believe it that we wish, hope, and pray all the way to being pushed screaming off the cliff of reality.
kevmiller
sharpdressedman said:

Way too much falsely optimistic information was pumped by the usual hucksters in recent months, and assuredly emphasized by them in the past few weeks. It's the same bs we hear and read every year, and we want so much to believe it that we wish, hope, and pray all the way to being pushed screaming off the cliff of reality.

And some pay a subscription for that service lol
SquirrellyDan
AG
kevmiller said:

You can throw in that the Kansas Jayhawks managed a better end of season ranking than we have in like 80 years. We have the most delusional fan base in the country.
CoolAggie
AG
If we live in a simulation, I guess we're due for one in the late 2030's.
gwmAggie
I at most expected a physically fit football team. This team needs to hit the gym and the track.
texag101
TexAgs is a koolaide site. Don't come here expecting anything different. Watch how long it takes for them to delete this post. Sleeping giant….LOL.
Chips2003
AG
ilovequeso said:

Why don't yall just stop watching the Ags if you're going to go so off the deep end with one loss to a number 7 ranked opponent. It's Mike Elmo's first game. Chill the hell out.

Way ahead of you
oldschool87
AG
Slicer97 said:

Has to be called in the huddle first!!!
farmersfight
AG
It's the narcissistic relationships we can't quit.
aeon-ag
kevmiller said:

I've been watching A&M football for over 65 years. THANK FOR YOUR POST!!!! Everything you've said is 100% correct!!!!!! IT AIN'T GONNA GIT ANY BETTER!!!!!! '70
aeon-ag
Slicer97 said:

Think, Thank Thunk, we aint never had nothing!!!!
Scotty Appleton
Go spend the money on the baseball program. Yeah, it is a sport only 20 or so programs really care about, but the Ags are one and can actually win big at. A&M football can go 7-5 with a sclub at HC and a bunch of 2nd tier recruits. That extra 100M gets 8-4 & the occasional 9-10 win year.
YouBet
AG
ilovequeso said:

Well, hell, there's the problem. We all thought we hired Mike Elko. If we had known we had hired Elmo as head coach then our expectations would have been way different.

Now that I know this then this outcome makes sense.
Bryanisbest
AG
Maybe it's not the coach and never has been.
Seabreeze
Nope 3 star Michelin restaurant with the glitz and glamor, but the food taste like sh$t. You paid a grand a plate so you convince yourself it's you that's wrong about the food, so you keep going back for more.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

Most of us have been seeing this same song and dance since our grandparents have been alive.

FIFY

Sometime around that Miss St debacle in 2014 I gave up any expectations of seeing a natty or anything even close in my lifetime. Baseball this year was the cruelest tease. Football is a lost cause

When you come to that realization you'll enjoy life a lot more
91AggieLawyer
AG
It was fair to assume that once a QB got out from under Jimbo's clinches, he would loosen up and play better. So either he's not able to, that wasn't the issue, or the system he's asked to play under now is actually worse. Who knows what the answer is, but from what I saw tonight, it appears that with all the bad throws, the first is the strongest possibility regardless of the others.

It wasn't, however, fair to assume the following:

-- we'd regress in the second half, as in few, if any, meaningful adjustments; we got outcoached big time;
-- our speed on defense (not to mention our intelligence) is still lacking; this is a huge recurring problem since the Slocum era that no one seems to want to do anything about;
-- a coach running an offense that looked like it was drawn up on a notecard for a flag football league; was that because he was Jimbo-esque and didn't trust his QB or is this really his (or his OC's) offense? Either way, that spells horrific trouble and a 3-4 and out tenure for this coach;

This was a VERY winnable game, even with 2 picks. It was as if we didn't even try to get a first down on 3rd down plays as virtually all the pass plays were completed (if at all) behind the line to gain. I don't think the ND defense was great but they did have a lot of speed and the ability to collapse on the runner very quickly, so almost any pass play where the reception was 4 or more yards behind the line to gain was bound to fail. That was another reason why we had little success with QB runs.

So that begs the questions: Was this because our receivers couldn't get open farther downfield? Our QB couldn't make the reads fast enough and had to go to "outlet" receivers? These plays were designed this way and run even though they were 3rd and 8 situations and the play was a 3rd and 3 type play?

Receivers were open but passes were overthrown and dropped. It wasn't a lockdown defensive effort by ND. Some SEC defenses will be MUCH better.
GigEmReggie
Josh Pate believes in us!
W
AG
tonight felt like Jimbo year 7

same problems on offense

and no playmakers at WR -- the second most important position on the field in today's college football
Muy
AG
Dolemite said:

Unfortunately, this is exactly what I expected. I'll be back for more every game day until rapture..

When Conner chose the shorter pass and completely missed the ND corner left Noah Thomas wide open downfield I think I was raptured. Sadly I was sent back to endure more pain and suffering.
SECTAMU#1
Wait til Next Year

Rinse & Repeat
Seamaster
AG
I've been saying this for years.

My expectation, every single year, is 8-4 or 7-5.

That's who we are.
oysterbayAG
AG
Henderson would have won this game due to his agressiveness !
FTAG 2000
AG
oysterbayAG said:

Henderson would have won this game due to his agressiveness !

Or Reed. It was a winnable game if they made a qb change at half.
turboboost
AG
kevmiller said:

Exactly. Face the reality. We are the Wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois, Iowa.... (can't say Minnesota, they've actually won legit multiple championships) of the SEC. Just enjoy the occasional big wins every 2-5 years. It's truly an 8-4 football existence that'll never change.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.