Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

College GameDay coming for Notre Dame

11,379 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by TXAGBQ76
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eike Mlko said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

Only Fans Director said:

A&M is 1-8 on College GameDay.

Time to break the curse!

1995: at Colorado 29, A&M 21
2000: Oklahoma 35, A&M 31
2006: Oklahoma 17, A&M 16
2012: Florida 20, A&M 17
2013: Alabama 49, A&M 42
2015: Alabama 41, A&M 23
2016: A&M 45, Tennessee 38
2016: at Alabama 33, A&M 19
2018: Clemson 28, A&M 26

Lots of very close games.
I just looked up College GameDay Wikipedia, and College GameDay did not come to the Alabama vs Texas A&M game on 10/17/15. Instead, they went to the Michigan State vs Michigan game in Ann Abor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_GameDay_(football_TV_program)

Yes, our record of 1-8 is correct. Just replace the 2015 home game against Alabama with the 2021 road game at Ole Miss

2016: A&M 45, Tennessee 38 2OT
2021: at Ole Miss 29, Texas A&M 19.

I was at 3 of those. Including the "fake" in 2006
I was at 3 of those 6 College GameDay games: 2013 Alabama, 2016 Tennessee, and 2018 Clemson.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
C2 Ag 93 said:

Why are some surprised by this? Two major programs with the drama of how Elko will do in his first game, with the SEC changing again, etc. Elko was at A&M and ND, so there's ties there. People will be wondering how good we are since everyone has our game with Texas circled, etc. Again, no surprise here.
Many people, including myself, thought College GameDay would pick Clemson vs Georgia game. Clemson and Georgia have combined for 4 of 10 national championships in the 10-year CFP era, but I am glad ESPN College GameDay selected the Notre Dame vs Texas A&M game. Notre Dame vs Texas A&M has several storylines:

1. This is Mike Elko's head coaching debut at Texas A&M.

2. This is a new era of College football with conference realignments and expanded 12-team playoff format.

3. Mike Elko was defensive coordinator at both schools.

4. Mike Elko will face-off against his former Duke quarterback Riley Leonard.

5. Mike Elko will get another opportunity to beat Notre Dame after Duke lost to Notre Dame 21-14 at home on 9/30/23.
C2 Ag 93
Iraq2xVeteran said:

C2 Ag 93 said:

Why are some surprised by this? Two major programs with the drama of how Elko will do in his first game, with the SEC changing again, etc. Elko was at A&M and ND, so there's ties there. People will be wondering how good we are since everyone has our game with Texas circled, etc. Again, no surprise here.
Many people, including myself, thought College GameDay would pick Clemson vs Georgia game. Clemson and Georgia have combined for 4 of 10 national championships in the 10-year CFP era, but I am glad ESPN College GameDay selected the Notre Dame vs Texas A&M game. Notre Dame vs Texas A&M has several storylines:

1. This is Mike Elko's head coaching debut at Texas A&M.

2. This is a new era of College football with conference realignments and expanded 12-team playoff format.

3. Mike Elko was defensive coordinator at both schools.

4. Mike Elko will face-off against his former Duke quarterback Riley Leonard.

5. Mike Elko will get another opportunity to beat Notre Dame after Duke lost to Notre Dame 21-14 at home on 9/30/23.
Yes, thanks for taking the time to flesh out more of the details, This was the point of my comment. I get that GA/Clemson will be higher ranked, etc. But there's more "drama" and story lines to our match up. If we are good and beat ND soundly, and remain good, get ready for the constant drum beat and promotion of the renewed rivalry with the sips all season. As much as it will irk me, for sure, Gameday for ND game will spend a lot of time on the game with the sips.

And as someone else noted... TV ratings. Yes, Clemson and GA are national programs that draw sets, but Aggies (largest university in America now) vs ND (tons of tshirt fans) likely edges out sets on Clemson / GA.
12Power
I think Jeff Van Gundy was the guest picker one time recently. We can do better. Why not Dude Perfect or Khris Middleton? I think the NFL guys will be busy.
Pedro Infiniti
barbacoa taco said:

rockwalltxag said:

Finally made the official start time as well - 6:30 on ABC
any other time would be deadly honestly

So...the hottest hour of the day, on a summer day, is between 1700 and 1800. An 1830 kickoff is almost the hottest part of the day. Is there a possibility that you think that the angle of the sun is directly correlated to maximum diurnal heating? If so, you would be mistaken.
AggieZUUL
AG
I suggest Buccee the beaver / founder of Buccees to be the guest picker.
Jawbreaker
Rally gals v rally nuns.
Staff sorry in advance.
Jawbreaker
TX_Aggie37 said:

I wanna win that game really bad.

Same!
ABATTBQ11
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

I only kind of want to win
StinkyPinky
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

I only kind of want to win
I want half price chicken wraps, but fat chance that happening. So now I only kinda want one.
TexAgTrojan
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Eike Mlko said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

Only Fans Director said:

A&M is 1-8 on College GameDay.

Time to break the curse!

2015: Alabama 41, A&M 23
2016: A&M 45, Tennessee 38

Lots of very close games.
I just looked up College GameDay Wikipedia, and College GameDay did not come to the Alabama vs Texas A&M game on 10/17/15. Instead, they went to the Michigan State vs Michigan game in Ann Abor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_GameDay_(football_TV_program)

Yes, our record of 1-8 is correct. Just replace the 2015 home game against Alabama with the 2021 road game at Ole Miss

2016: A&M 45, Tennessee 38 2OT
2021: at Ole Miss 29, Texas A&M 19.

I was at 3 of those. Including the "fake" in 2006
I was at 3 of those 6 College GameDay games: 2013 Alabama, 2016 Tennessee, and 2018 Clemson.
nice. I was at 2016 and 2018 as well. Tennessee was so loooong and hot my elderly mother was with us and cried when they won. The first quarter was like an hour long.
Triple-T
AG
DBird said:

VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

kevmiller said:

barnag said:

I mean we'll probably get two gameday visits…week 1 and the sips end of season

Did the Ohio state - Michigan game get cancelled ?
Not sure espn will care as much this year when Michigan is 8-3/7-4 going against a one or no loss Ohio State. The tu at A&M has the potential to be two teams with 2 or less losses each on top of the pomp and circumstance.
As much as I love this team this has been achieved twice in this century. We need to be realistic about the first year under Mike Elko's tenure.
You mean like how we were told "to be" during Kevin Sumlin's first year?
Triple-T
AG
rootube said:

USAF9705 said:

ESPN HATES ND.
ESPN just loves money.

All three times the ND TV contract has come up ABC/ESPN has bid on it & lost, so they hate ND from a marketing & promotional stand point (thus why you see Paul Finebaum & Stephen A Smith doing full shows on why ND isn't relevant).
But whenever they can get ND on a road game they will put it prime time to make more money. But they will be praying ND loses.

Do you seriously think anyone at ESPN who didn't attend A&M or ND really cares who wins the A&M/ND game?
Is this a serious question?

Notre Dame has one of the biggest fanbases in all of sports.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
About time!
BMX Bandit
ESPN hates Notre dame? No way that's a serious post

Guess they missed the whole creation of Manti Teo a Heisman Trophy candidate.
AgTrip
Saw this posted from X from College Football Daily

TXAGBQ76
AG
Great, now they can talk crap about us live and in person from Aggie Park. Can we move their site to the Bush Library parking lots?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.