Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Post Spring CFP 12 Team Prediction

12,477 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ugly
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1.UGA (peach)
8.ND v 9.Michigan

4.KSU (fiesta)
5.PennState v 12.Memphis

3.FSU (sugar)
6.Oregon v 11.Alabama

2.tOSU (rose)
7.tu v 10.OleMiss
VP at Pierce and Pierce
^ That is a good prediction. Not sure about Michigan though, they are going to come back to earth hard ala tu in 2010. Not 5-7 bad but 8-4.
Ags77
AG
Am I the only one that thinks MIZ is a playoff team ?
Gigem
Ugly
AG
What the heck, it's not like there is much else going on on this board right now, so here is my best guess using SP+ numbers.

SEC:
I went into detail here on each team's expected win/loss records. Based on that post, the following teams are favored to be in (10 wins or better):
Georgia
Ole Miss
tu
Mizzou

Dark horses (9 wins or better) are:
LSU
Alabama
Texas A&M
Tennessee

B1G:
Favorites (10 wins or better):
Penn State
Oregon
Ohio State
Michigan

Dark Horses (9 wins or better):
None. (Iowa is the closest at <8, but there is a large gap between those top 4 and the rest).

ACC:
Favorites (conf champ or 11 wins or better):
Florida State

Dark Horse (challenge for conf champ):
Clemson
Miami

IND:
Notre Dame (tied for Penn State for highest predicted record)

Other conf Champ favorites (I just picked highest SP+, I'm not going through the work of the above for these):
B12: Utah (but this is basically a toss-up conference)
G5: Memphis (AAC)

So tl;dr, here's my list with a lot of uncertainty around auto-bid spots and SEC teams basically being the first four out. SEC/B10/Notre Dame are listed by likelihood to make the playoff, with the other three autobids at the bottom:

Penn State
Notre Dame
Oregon
Georgia
Ohio State
Ole Miss
tu
Mizzou
Michigan

Florida State
Utah
Memphis

Ugly
AG
Ags77 said:

Apparently not.
BMX Bandit
Ags77 said:

I think they will be close to the conversation. a top 15 team
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Ags77 said:

Missouri is 1 of 8 SEC teams that can finish 10-2 or better. Their offense is going to be elite. Their defense is going to be a work in progress. They are very similar to tu in that regard and the fact that they both a have a two game schedule.
e=mc2
AG
Sips won't make the playoffs after the ass whipping they're going to receive at Kyle Field.
Hungry Ojos
why the hell are y'all so high on tu?
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Hungry Ojos said:

They return a very good OL, talent at skill and QB. On defense they may be in rough shape. The biggest thing is they dont really play anyone of experienced talent outside of Georgia and A&M.

Michigan lost 18 starters, head coach and both DCs to nfl. OU lost every single OL that started for them last season to portal or NFL and QB1, lots of young talent on D though. Miss State is a disaster. Vandy a disaster. Florida is on the verge of disaster losing numerous starters to the portal and lots of coaching turnover. Arky is the least talented they have been in years. Kentucky could be decent.

Who in that group above is going to trip them up? Maybe OU or Kentucky but they host Kentucky at home an dif you think the refs are going to allow them to lose to Kentucky lolz. They simply dont play anyone that can hang with them for four quarters outside of a few teams.
USAF9705
This might be the strangest preseason poll I've seen.
Good news for A&M, he doesn't think ND is even top 30.

MaroonStain
AG
Orange knee pads are in short supply on TA.
BMX Bandit
Hungry Ojos said:

They will be favored in probably all but one game this year. They don't have a rough schedule overall.

I hope they go 0-12, but the thread isn't about what I want to happen
VP at Pierce and Pierce
MaroonStain said:

Pointing out that tu has a good team and they only play against 2-3 other "good" teams and the rest of their schedule is spare is not knee pad, it is reality.
Ugly
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

For the same reason I am high on Mizzou, Ole Miss and, to a lesser degree, the Aggies. Schedule is soft.
MaroonStain
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

MaroonStain said:

Pointing out that tu has a good team and they only play against 2-3 other "good" teams and the rest of their schedule is spare is not knee pad, it is reality.

...in May... That is not "reality". It's a WAG (wild ass guess).

Noob.
cdjagger
33 said:

My unpopular opinion: Should only be two teams. The BCS got it right (mostly).

But America is starved for entertainment and money drives everything.
Couldn't disagree more, with injuries, transfer portal and vastly different schedules... no way to know who the 2 best teams are after 8-10 Power 4-5 games. You wouldn't say any other sport should just vote on the top 2 teams
ironmanag
AG
I am laughing may butt off at the people who think t.u. will be anywhere close.

They are a 8 win team at best this year.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
MaroonStain said:

VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

MaroonStain said:

...in May... That is not "reality". It's a WAG (wild ass guess).

Noob.
Lolz ok buddy. I am sure your football knowledge is vasty superior to everyone on this board, especially my small brain as a "noob". I would love to hear a breakdown of where I am incorrect or "wildly guessing"
Moe 92
AG
ironmanag said:

I am laughing may butt off at the people who think t.u. will be anywhere close.

They are a 8 win team at best this year.
You might want to consider taking that confidence to Vegas. The over/under on their regular season win total is 10.5 (tied with Georgia, Oregon, Ohio State, and ND for highest in FBS). Emotionally, I would LOVE t.u. to lose all 12 games badly, but if the O/U was 7.5 (based on your prediction of "at best" 8 wins), I'd go all in on the over.
AGDAD14
cdjagger said:

33 said:

Couldn't disagree more, with injuries, transfer portal and vastly different schedules... no way to know who the 2 best teams are after 8-10 Power 4-5 games. You wouldn't say any other sport should just vote on the top 2 teams

We all missed the best game last year… Georgia vs Michigan should have been for all the marbles. So yes, for more than a half century the two top teams were identifiable except for a handful of years. The TV executives and those who make a living off of a playoff format have convinced the masses of a lie.
Faustus
33 said:

Or just one team against whomever their conference's bowl tie-in coughs up like it was for the better part of the century. Playoffs are for other sports, professional football, every other division of collegiate football, high school football, middle school football, and every other amateur level of football.

Anything more than two teams will probably ruin it.
greg.w.h
AG
Faustus said:

33 said:

Or just one team against whomever their conference's bowl tie-in coughs up like it was for the better part of the century. Playoffs are for other sports, professional football, every other division of collegiate football, high school football, middle school football, and every other amateur level of football.

Anything more than two teams will probably ruin it.
Because your opinion needs to be bowed to by the rest of the world…you said? That's why?
Faustus
It would be common curtsy.
TyperWoods
AGDAD14 said:

cdjagger said:

33 said:

We all missed the best game last year… Georgia vs Michigan should have been for all the marbles. So yes, for more than a half century the two top teams were identifiable except for a handful of years. The TV executives and those who make a living off of a playoff format have convinced the masses of a lie.

The polls usually got it right, so let's go back to the 1970's and stop believing these lies!
LincolnBorglum79
AG
I think tu will lose 4-5 times including to Georgia, Texas Aggies, ou and Michigan. The 12 team format will produce a few great games mainly when there are 8 teams left. Expect the format to quickly move to 16 teams since the teams with byes will struggle and some big names like ND, USC, Clemson and Bama won't make the field.
merch
Just let me know when the playoff starts, I'll pay closer attention then.
Trying to figure out who will be good outside of a few teams is futile exercise at this point. Especially in this new era.
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
BMX Bandit
Futile discussion on a message board????

Well, that's something new!
rootube
AG
33 said:

The opinion is unpopular because it's wrong. Just wait till we have a a thrilling playoff. Nobody is going to say why don't we let a committee decide instead of the players.
Sq 17
SEC
Georgia
A&M
UT Vols

B1G
Ohio state
Wisconsin
Oregon

ACC
FSU
Clemson
Norte Dame

BDF
Tceh
UCF

Liberty
And at least one team that loses their CCG will not make the final 12
Sq 17
Hopefully it goes to 16 and the CCG's go away
Indianrider
AG
You calling someone obnoxious is rich.
Iowaggie
AG
Just a question on the 5 conference champions requirement.

Does Oregon St and Washington St/ Pac2 champion count as one of those potential conference champions, or are they in the same boat as Notre Dame, only able to qualify as an at-large?
BMX Bandit
The PAC-2 can only get at large bids
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Thanks for sharing your prediction, Wisconsin could be pretty good this fall but they have a tough schedule!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.