Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Danny Kanell nails it

17,301 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jb6092
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sincereag said:

Too bad cfb only has a 4 team playoff this year, because some deserving team was going to get left out. In past years it wouldn't have happened and it won't ever happen again.
Say what? It has happened before, and it will happen again. You can put 64 teams in the playoff and someone will still feel slighted/
Tex117
AG
Martin Cash said:

sincereag said:

Too bad cfb only has a 4 team playoff this year, because some deserving team was going to get left out. In past years it wouldn't have happened and it won't ever happen again.
Say what? It has happened before, and it will happen again. You can put 64 teams in the playoff and someone will still feel slighted/
Yeah, but to find the best team in the country...chances of that team being in the top 12 are almost certain.
BadAggie
AG
Martin Cash said:

sincereag said:

This is leaving an undefeated power 5 conference champ out of the playoff.

No way to spin it. It's a flawed result.
admiraltarkin
AG
Jdub2001 said:

We did not beat FSU in '99. We hosted a regional and super regional. We beat Clemson in the supers to go to Omaha.

FSU actually eliminated us in the elimination game.

Am I the only person who looks up things before I comment so I don't look dumb? Literally all game results are online. Easy mistake not to make
firethewagonup
Kanell is a dbag and his sheckle sniffing schoz can get wrecked
Gigem Aggies
hsjnlssmith89
AG
annie88 said:

94chem said:

_mpaul said:

Of course it's all a sham. That why I've always said the bowl system was better.

Oh, c'mon. Everybody knows that if they'd selected UW, Michigan, Bama, and UGA, nobody on here would have a tear to shed for FSU. The texags angst is just a little too transparent.
Bull****, FSU went undefeated, they should've gotten in over Bama in this scenario.
hsjnlssmith89
AG
hsjnlssmith89 said:

annie88 said:

94chem said:

_mpaul said:

Of course it's all a sham. That why I've always said the bowl system was better.

Oh, c'mon. Everybody knows that if they'd selected UW, Michigan, Bama, and UGA, nobody on here would have a tear to shed for FSU. The texags angst is just a little too transparent.
Bull****, FSU went undefeated, they should've gotten in over Bama in this scenario.

I think you meant "over tu".
annie88
AG
hsjnlssmith89 said:

hsjnlssmith89 said:

annie88 said:

94chem said:

_mpaul said:

Actually, yes, that is what I meant.

Florida State should've absolutely been in and it should've been between Bama and tu for the last spot and since tu was head to head against them I would've been OK with that but Florida State being screwed over was not right.

But of course they had to have an SEC team in there. That's another part of this too.
petebaker
Haricougar
AG
Reno Hightower said:

His precious 'sips are in! He should be ecstatic!

I thought Kannel went to FSU
Texas A&M
Haricougar said:

Reno Hightower said:

He did.
Aggies2009
AG
firethewagonup said:

Kanell is a dbag and his sheckle sniffing schoz can get wrecked
This seems weirdly antisemitic.
Bison
AG
_mpaul said:

Oh? Only if you're the Pac-12 or the B1G, because under the old system, that would be a legit title game (UM vs UW in the Rose Bowl). If you're Bama, you're stuck in the Sugar Bowl playing (probably) Ohio State, which isn't nearly as sexy as the Rose Bowl. sips would be in the Fiesta, 'Noles would be in the Orange, and both would be doing their damndest to woo Georgia as their opponent (and in the old system, it would likely be the Orange that got 'em, because it's a shorter road trip to Georgia fans). Sips would probably end up playing Oregon.

So it would have worked out THIS year, maybe, right up until you'd get Bama blowing out Ohio State and claiming they have better wins than the Rose Bowl winner. I'll take a playoff, thanks.
94chem
Martin Cash said:

sincereag said:

The Arizona vs. LSU debate would keep me up all night for sure.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
KatyAg01
AG
NyAggie said:

Big-D said:

As long as too many players don't skip the game, Georgia should embass Florida St. in the bowl game.

Entire fsu team should opt out of the game on the day of the game

Leave the networks holding g the bag with 4 hours of dead air and an empty stadium

All tickets would have to be refunded, advertisers would pull their money out

I'd love it!
I mean, who's to say the entire team can't get food poisoning the day of the game? It could happen.
Ol Rock
AG
Haricougar said:

Reno Hightower said:

He did attend FSU, but he has mocked the Good Ags on various occasions (Johnny, 2020 playoff committee picking both 9-1 Clemson and ND over 9-1 Aggies with our only loss to Bama week 2). Now he gets to live in the shadow of Austin.

How's the shade feel Kanell?
Buford T. Justice
AG
Boom! There it is, and he's absolutely right.
It's all about the clicks, views, tickets sold, and the conversation/debate, which lead to more $$$$$.

The dialogue about them and their record is as old as the mid-90's. They don't have the cache to be invited to the fancy gathering of the "blue blood" programs, and I say that felicitously.
txags92
AG
annie88 said:

94chem said:

_mpaul said:

There is zero chance they were going to leave out the SEC champion who lost one game in week two to the #3 team.
Kenneth_2003
AG
That was the problem. They didn't want to leave an SEC team out and they didn't want to have to explain ignoring the H2H.

In 10 years of the playoffs this has never happened and there were 4 clear teams or everyone vying for the 4 spot has baggage.

The results of games yesterday screwed EVERYTHING up. It's a giant soup sandwich.

I'm a way though, FSU can come out ahead. This is bulletin board material. It creates a huge FSU vs everyone chip on their shoulders. They can leverage this into a big take no prisoners go scorched Earth on everyone mentality. Had they gotten in, good chance they get pummeled in game 1 and forgotten about.
Ag Tag
Ol Rock said:

Haricougar said:

Reno Hightower said:

He did attend FSU, but he has mocked the Good Ags on various occasions (Johnny, 2020 playoff committee picking both 9-1 Clemson and ND over 9-1 Aggies with our only loss to Bama week 2). Now he gets to live in the shadow of Austin.

How's the shade feel Kanell?
He's a silly whiney *****. Always has been.
84HartAg
AG
Media has been getting a big ole boner when it was looking promising for sips, and telling us that the CFP committee would love to have the sippy brand in there.
mshipp88
Danny looking rough. Hate the whole situation as much as anyone, but it is nice to see DK in misery. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
BadAggie
AG
petebaker said:

Solution here is to not give a damn about a Herbstreit and his 'soliloquy'

Seems straightforward.

Beat their ass, and don't care.

Ramdiesel
hsjnlssmith89 said:

hsjnlssmith89 said:

annie88 said:

94chem said:

_mpaul said:

There is honestly no way to sell BAMA getting in over Texas ..That Texas win over them was not some last second miracle...They stomped there butts literally in their home stadium..Controlled the time of possession by a mile..There is no way to say BAMA is a much better team now either, they beat a Georgia team that hasn't played anyone (ranked #1 by name only) and BAMA needed a miracle to beat Auburn.

Maybe BAMA has improved a little, but then you also have to assume a Texas team that is peaking at the moment and playing the best they have all year hasn't improved at all and is not still better than BAMA...
Justice Beaver
AG
Greetings said:

I think his general sentiment is right, but he's alluding to some fear mongerery points with the pleas for fans to stay engaged. College football viewership was very high this season. All this controversy does is bolster the soap opera storylines. College football isn't losing viewership over this.

The **** they won't. Personally I'm not watching a single ****ing bowl game this year. Have talked to several coworkers today who said the same.
gwilly101
Well that makes 3 of you. Viewership is booming.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Big-D said:

As long as too many players don't skip the game, Georgia should embass Florida St. in the bowl game.

Even the Orange Bowl (New Years Six) game outside the playoffs is likely going to feel like a meaningless pre-season exhibition.

Neither Georgia and especially FSU players wanted to be there. There will be numerous players on both teams that opt out, either going to NFL or in transfer portal. So it won't be the same two teams that actually played the 2023 season.

Meaningless. Who wins or loses is making a statement about nothing. Will require tremendous effort by coaching staffs to get older players motivated and not just treat it as some holiday vacation.

The results say nothing of how those two teams would have looked or played had it been in the playoffs.

I will watch 3 games…the semi finals and natty. All the other games, if I happen to be home and need to some filler noise in background then maybe…but none of the other games are must see TV. Thst is where things have come to for me RE college football with all the bowl games that dont matter.

MaxPower
NyAggie said:

Big-D said:

Leave the networks holding g the bag with 4 hours of dead air and an empty stadium

I'd love it!
They are better off winning that game, hoping Bama or Texas wins the CFP and then claiming the natty as the only power 5 undefeated. If they skip the bowl it will prove the CFP right because they are clearly scared of getting curb stomped.
akm91
AG
Sharpshooter said:

_mpaul said:

94chem said:

_mpaul said:

I don't know what your point is, and I'm wary of the "everybody knows" argument, which people default to when they have zero evidence to support their point.

There were at least 5 deserving teams for 4 spots, someone was going to get left out, and whoever got left out could be griping just as legitimately as FSU is now. In that way, it's a sham. That's all I'm saying.
The team left out should NOT have been an undefeated P5 conference championship team.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
zb008
Watching the East Coast media's (a.k.a Big Ten homers) meltdown over this has been entertaining to watch. They've never been able to stand the fact that the "southern hicks" they despise so much always have the best football teams, and it is the case again this year, and they don't like that fact and wish the committee didn't acknowledge that fact as reality. Facts don't care about your feelings.
Slicer97
AG
Ramdiesel said:

hsjnlssmith89 said:

hsjnlssmith89 said:

annie88 said:

94chem said:

_mpaul said:

There is honestly no way to sell BAMA getting in over Texas ..That Texas win over them was not some last second miracle...They stomped there butts literally in their home stadium..Controlled the time of possession by a mile..There is no way to say BAMA is a much better team now either, they beat a Georgia team that hasn't played anyone (ranked #1 by name only) and BAMA needed a miracle to beat Auburn.

Maybe BAMA has improved a little, but then you also have to assume a Texas team that is peaking at the moment and playing the best they have all year hasn't improved at all and is not still better than BAMA...

The flip side of that argument is who, besides a Week 2 underperforming Bama, has tu beat?? They lost to a mediocre OU team and needed a boost from the refs to beat Cougar High.

Playoff caliber teams shouldn't struggle against Houston.
Ramdiesel
Slicer97 said:

Ramdiesel said:

hsjnlssmith89 said:

hsjnlssmith89 said:

annie88 said:

94chem said:

_mpaul said:

The flip side of that argument is who, besides a Week 2 underperforming Bama, has tu beat?? They lost to a mediocre OU team and needed a boost from the refs to beat Cougar High.

Playoff caliber teams shouldn't struggle against Houston.

Texas lost a game on the last drive of the game to their biggest historical rival....A game that is close almost every year no matter the teams rankings...

Also they lost their starting QB against Houston and pulled out a win anyway. You can say refs helped them, but there were tons of missed calls both ways in that game. Houston's Oline got away with egregious holding for probably 70 percent of the game..It was a badly officiated game period for both teams.
jr15aggie
AG
NyAggie said:

Big-D said:

I'd love it!

This sounds like a great idea, especially in the heat of the moment... but man, you are screwing over 100,000 fans that show up for the game, got flights, got hotels. Not to mention your band, your cheerleaders, etc... all the people that supported the team all year long would also get screwed.

2 wrongs don't make a right. If they want to opt out, they need to do it now.
aggiebird02
Ramdiesel said:

Big 12 refs just suck..
They may just suck, but it always seems to benefit Texas…
Sbisa Chef
It's "Power 5". 4-team playoff is designed to leave one out. Be it strength of schedule, or losses.. Alabama should not be in due to their loss. FSU should not be in due to the strength of their schedule. sips SoS is #11. Alabama is #31. FSU is #55. Weigh sips and bama's 1 loss vs their strength of schedule.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.