Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Coley Potential Target for Cristobal

5,124 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Divining Rod
True Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
By Brad Crawfird

Mario Cristobal is in search of Miami's next offensive coordinator ... Texas A&M wide receivers coach James Coley ... could be potential target to watch, given their prior relationship with Cristobal, InsideTheU's David Lake explained on Through The Smoke.

"Quite frankly, (Coley) to me, is a versatile name," Lake said. "I think, you know, if I'm going to make some prediction, I think Coley comes back to Miami in some regard. Is that straight up as the OC? Is that as the co-OC as the wide receivers coach? I don't know at this point, but I do think he comes back to Miami in some regard."

Coley worked as a coordinator under Cristobal at FIU. During Coley's tenure at Georgia under Bulldogs head coach Kirby Smart, Cristobal reportedly tried to hire him away and lead the offense at Oregon, but it did not happen.

Coley has previous experience at Miami as the Hurricanes' play caller and found success there. "There were some seasons where I think the offense has solid output under his leadership," Lake said. "And when he was the coordinator at Georgia in 2019, that offense averaged 30 points per game. To me, this would be a move to build cohesion on the staff, I think from a vibe perspective. A big part of this hire is going to be how he fits personality wise on this staff."
TX_Aggie37
AG
Meh
True Texan
AG
Good recruiter and coach; but, not irreplaceable.
AGAZ03
AG
We actually had someone coaching receivers?

Fire that person.

Stewart, Moose and Anias scored based on pure talent. It was not coaching I can assure you that.
rootube
AG
Miami does have a "vibe" you have to give him that.
amercer
AG
It would be pretty spectacular if an offensive coach from our team went somewhere else and had success as a coordinator.
SinKiller
AGAZ03 said:

Fire that person.

Stewart, Moose and Anias scored based on pure talent. It was not coaching I can assure you that.
Thanks for the deep dive on why he's not a good wr coach, much appreciated.
MaroonStain
AG
SinKiller said:

AGAZ03 said:

Fire that person.

I am positive any time "deep dive" is mentioned as corporate lingo, there is not really a deep dive. Plus it's The Zoo, man. No time for corporate BS. LOL
I am always wrong
amercer said:

It would be pretty spectacular if an offensive coach from our team went somewhere else and had success as a coordinator.

Would it though? I would not be at all surprised if that happened. I am not a fan of the way Jimbo has managed his coaching staff or his roster over the past two years. It has been very dysfunctional.
Meximan
SinKiller said:

AGAZ03 said:

Fire that person.

The fact the wide receivers have basically led the nation in drops year over year for the last several seasons is all the telling that needs be done.
I am always wrong
Meximan said:

SinKiller said:

AGAZ03 said:

Fire that person.

The fact the wide receivers have basically led the nation in drops year over year for the last several seasons is all the telling that needs be done.

Well not really since 2022 was the first year that Coley was our receivers coach. But you do you.
AG
I think a lot of people are confusing Coley with ole what's his nuts that moved to QB coach, though we know he ain't really doing that, either.
Divining Rod
amercer said:

This is a superb master plan to eventually dominate the college football world: have all our offensive coaches that tutored under Jimbo become OC's for other teams!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.