Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Despite all the transfers and drama

9,228 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Little Rock Ag
Texagsubscriber
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
rootube
AG
I love social media. I'm thinking to myself finally someone like Brandon Marcello gets it. Then I think to myself, who the hell is Brandon Marcello?
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
akm91
AG
He's a 247 member
Win At Life
AG
If by contending, you mean 9-3 and just missing the SEC championship by one loss, then I agree. If by contending, you mean 12-0 and playing a close game in the SEC championship game, then you're high on dope.
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

We will!

And you can put it in 6' letters in front of the MSC!

How about we just go ahead and give Jimbo the trophy but leave the engraving blank for now?
boozer93
I'm thinking Petrino and experience will make us significantly better next year. Call me crazy.
Only Fans Director
Contend for the SEC championship. More like contend for the CFP!
Al Bula
AG
CCAD AG
As stated earlier, if the Ags go into the final regular season game at 9-2 then it is not inconceivable that they will be in contention for a West Division Championship, which as you admit makes them in contention for a Conference Championship and a National Championship.

Not saying they will defeat LSU to get to 10-2, but ending up 9-3 isn't out of the question either.

And I never said the Ags would be in contention for a NC. I believe they will fall short at 8-4 or 9-3, but 10-2 isn't out of the question nor is a division championship and conference championship game ticket. At that point you're on house money and I would just enjoy the ride.
Bobaloo
Not piling on the coaching staff, but last year was a solid F almost across the board. We physically beat LSU and went toe to toe with the Tide. Then laid down against Florida and USC. Game changing big plays against the Pirate and a national disgrace against App State. Ole Miss? A couple breaks away from winning that one. Talent was young but not an issue last year. Our O against LSU is our offense. Two back set, work the TE and get to third and short. Chunk plays to the very talented Moose and Evan Stewart and we beat the #5 team like a drum. Let us hope we learned from that game.
DSAG
Paul Finebaum says we will surprise people this year in a positive sense .
Of course, he also said it will be hard to develop a culture with the trio of Fisher/Petrino/Durkin .
Aggieair
[If a poster gives an opinion that is negative and has reasons we may allow the post to stay on positive threads. We are not going to allow negative posts that do not add any substance to a positive thread other than just a negative statement. We have more complaints about the posters that always seem to be negative than we do any other type of moderation. If you or any other posters don't like that we are going to cut back on the negative posts that don't add anything to the threads then you are free to find another site. -Staff]
EliteZags
AG
Win At Life said:

If by contending, you mean 9-3 and just missing the SEC championship by one loss, then I agree. If by contending, you mean 12-0 and playing a close game in the SEC championship game, then you're high on dope.
by contending he means participating in football games in the SEC conference for a full season
pfistermd
EliteZags said:

Win At Life said:

by contending he means participating in football games in the SEC conference for a full season
This is about the best we can hope for with the current head coach
QB1
AG
Thx Brandon, who are you again?
HoustonAg2021
He's not wrong. Not winning the west in 2022 was a massive miss and we allowed LSU with year one Brian Kelly to take it. Expectations don't go down because of last year's abomination. They only get higher as a coaches tenure goes on. Time to win the west finally.
one safe place
Texagsubscriber said:

The transfers were less of an issue than I first thought they would be. But going from last (tied for) in the SEC to contending to winning the SEC championship is a tall order.
annie88
AG
rootube said:

I love social media. I'm thinking to myself finally someone like Brandon Marcello gets it. Then I think to myself, who the hell is Brandon Marcello?
Brandon Marcelo will either be da bomb or an idiot come next season.

That's who he is.
TxAg76
AG
Wow.
The maroon kool-aid is starting to trickle a lot earlier than expected
Dex_Mick_Bear
Read: "Despite all..."

Sang: "...my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage."
Little Rock Ag
AG
Looks like the Zoo has reached [Looks like you didn't read the edit earlier on this thread. -Staff]
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.