Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brian George reason for transfer

10,637 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by acidic36
AggieBlu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So with the exodus, I wonder if it wasn't the fit for Durkin.

https://clutchpoints.com/texas-am-ex-4-stars-reason-for-houston-transfer-will-frustrate-fans
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Citizen Reign
He clearly states that he wasn't seeing the field enough.
Bucketrunner
Bless his heart.

Should have played better
StinkyPinky
AG
Hahahahaha. Imagine if he played better. What was it we were suppose to be upset about?
Craigy
It seems that we are still plagued with the players thinking their draft status is way higher that it actually is.
jt16
AG
That's the takeaway. Supposed to be a draft year?
Unemployed
AG
If y'all don't think he's good enough, why care that he left?

He wants to play in the NFL so he needs to go somewhere that he can get some playing time. I don't see a problem with that.
Franklin Comes Alive!
Plenty of reasons to complain about poor coaching last season

Brian George not being good enough to see the field is not one of those reasons
Shoefly!
AG
I thought he was injured several times?
TheWoodsAg
AG
Nothing in those comments that should be concerning to Aggie fans. Wish him the best.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Same here.

He seemed to do pretty good when he got on the field but then would get nicked up and disappear.
wheelz
AG
RealTalk said:

If y'all don't think he's good enough, why care that he left?

He wants to play in the NFL so he needs to go somewhere that he can get some playing time. I don't see a problem with that.
Exactly this. There's bo need to bad mouth an Aggie. Well, except for Listeater.
Bunk Moreland
Craigy said:

It seems that we are still plagued with the players thinking their draft status is way higher that it actually is.

Said every fan of every d1 school there is. A ton of these guys don't think they're going pro. They "know" they are, no matter how delusional it may be.
Aggie87
AG
If Durkin isn't clicking with players that's a concern too.

He could be the best DC ever, but if players don't like him they're not going to stick around. And recruits will notice.
rootube
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Craigy said:

Said every fan of every d1 school there is. A ton of these guys don't think they're going pro. They "know" they are, no matter how delusional it may be.

He wouldn't be the first player in history to transfer from A&M to UH,because of playing time concerns, and make the NFL.
Bunk Moreland
rootube said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Craigy said:

He wouldn't be the first player in history to transfer from A&M to UH,because of playing time concerns, and make the NFL.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed like any time BG was healthy he played. The problem was he struggled to stay healthy
1876er
AG
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24342005/maryland-terrapins-football-culture-toxic-coach-dj-durkin

Durkin is always the common denominator
Meximan
1876er said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24342005/maryland-terrapins-football-culture-toxic-coach-dj-durkin

Durkin is always the common denominator
There was a thread right here on TexAgs that debunked most of what was written. I don't have the time or energy to search for it, though.
DallasAg 94
Ag in ATL
AG
Portal-committing to UCF then flipping to Cougar High tells you all you need to know. Good luck young man.
94chem
DallasAg 94 said:

That has nothing to do with why George is leaving.

He didn't get playing time:

Quote:

George played in 11 games over his three-season run with the SEC side. The former four-star recruit is coming off of a 2022 campaign where he took part in 112 snaps for the Aggies in regular season play.

Do you really think Durkin didn't play the best option?

How would I know? Our best QB was 3rd string.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
lagoag
94chem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Quote:

George played in 11 games over his three-season run with the SEC side. The former four-star recruit is coming off of a 2022 campaign where he took part in 112 snaps for the Aggies in regular season play.

You can't blame QB situation on Durkin.
lagoag
94chem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Quote:

That's kind of a far each isn't it. You can't blame the QB situation on Durkin.
AWP 97
AG
I would be shocked if Brian George made an NFL roster but if he thinks UH gives him the best shot then good luck to him. He's another player that is getting a last ditch attempt because of the Covid year. I don't think any of this has any effect on A&M.
JCE_02
94chem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Quote:

Please tell me if this is a serious post. Because if you believe we should have rolled Weigman out there week 1, I don't need to every seriously consider a thing you say about football.
FtBendTxAg
AG
"Supposed to be my draft year"

Are these not earned anymore????????? lulz. Kids are delusional these days.
oysterbayAG
AG
Jimbo and Durkin gives everyone on the team a sporting chance to show they should play.
TX_Aggie37
AG
He didn't play because he's not any good. Good luck to him.
mitchdpm
AG
Aggie87 said:

If Durkin isn't clicking with players that's a concern too.

He could be the best DC ever, but if players don't like him they're not going to stick around. And recruits will notice.

ONE player said this about "clicking" because he didn't get the playing time he thought he was entitled to. Drama much?
Gramercy Riffs
AG
94chem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Quote:

Still makes me chuckle that people can't seem to grasp the idea that when a freshman is the best option in November, it doesn't necessarily mean he was the best option in September.
94chem
Sure, Johnson was our best QB in September. I didn't realize George had transferred in September.

I will say that after 3 years of looking at Haynes King, trotting him out there to start the season showed 33 months of misjudgment by Jimbo. Keyboard coaches advocating to play Weigman in September would have committed a minor peccadillo by comparison.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Aggie1188
TheWoodsAg said:

Nothing in those comments that should be concerning to Aggie fans. Wish him the best.
yeah, it's not like he trashed A&M the school like LJ Johnson kind of did on his way out.
Aggie1188
Gramercy Riffs said:

94chem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Quote:

Still makes me chuckle that people can't seem to grasp the idea that when a freshman is the best option in November, it doesn't necessarily mean he was the best option in September.
Weigman clearly was. King lost to a bad App State team, and Johnson looked awful vs Arkansas & Miss St.
jaxisback
Weigman was our best QB option in April, then again in September, then again in November.
He is Ass My Dude
Bunk Moreland said:

Craigy said:

...and the guys that don't think they are, won't.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.