Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Earl Cambell

16,544 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by oklacityag75
davido
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

his life was a story book. 10 brothers and sisters. His dad died when Earl was 10. he smoked when he was in 6th grade and made a living shooting pool until he found football.

Soon an SEC storied show
Iowaggie
AG
rootube said:

RGV AG said:

Iowaggie said:

I've often thought that for most people, their favorite players probably were probably playing when a person was about 8-15 or so. I loved the running backs of the late 70s and early 80s.

Earl
Walter Payton
Billy Sims
Marcus Allen
some guy named Dorsett
Wilbert Montgomery
Franco
Eric Dickerson
George Rogers
OJ Anderson
Herschel

And Herschel Walker should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Agree about Walker..... You left Chuck Muncie off your list, he was a straight up stud when he was not high. Outstanding for a guy that went to college on a basketball scholarship and was encouraged to give the football team a try. What a waste of talent.

There is a guy named Barry Sanders who won rookie of the year in 89 and I'd put him over just about everyone. Does he count as 80's?

Yes, but 1989 doesn't count as early 80s.
Iowaggie
AG
This also has to be part of his legacy:

WestGalvestonAggie
When I was a kid there was a chain of hardware stores called Handy Dan. They had a promotion and brought him in to sign autographs at one of their stores. If I remember right, it was the year he was drafted by the Oilers. He was just kind of sitting at a table in the garden section with a few other guys. There was basically nobody there at all, just him and like bags of fertilizer and mulch and such. Anyway, I met him, and he was extremely kind and nice to the little kid version of me, so that's the way I'll always remember him. He seemed like a genuinely good dude to me.
TRL-Ag
This just really makes me believe the Adam's family needs to sell the rights to the Oilers to the Texans.

I miss the Columbia blue, white & red.
halfastros81
AG
That would have been 1977

OP should have considered spelling Earl's last name correctly ….in a tribute post no less
oklacityag75
AG
There have been many outstanding RBs in the pro ranks. However, none of them can touch Jim Brown. He is the best NFL RB of all time !!!

John 14:6

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.