Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The root of our curse lies in Deware Field House

12,670 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jugstore Cowboy
Atreides Ornithopter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What had the indoor swimming pool, with like 3 rows of viewing? Deware Or something else?
Bison
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

tu was the victim of the first game in the new Gymnasium:

Read the resolution of the "T" Association at bottom-center-left, opposing the paying of athletes.
tb9665
I remember taking my angling class in there. Learned even to fly fish in there.
94chem
Aggie87 said:

I miss playing racketball in a room with rafters running through it.
In my formative racquetball years, I would never shoot from the back of the court - always a ceiling shot. We had to play about half the points over when I played in those courts.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
tb9665
tb9665 said:

I remember taking my angling class in there. Learned even to fly fish in there. That was in the mid to late 80"s.
94chem
Matt Montgomery said:

I miss the times in 1980 and 1981 when we'd be playing pickup games on the ONE court at DeWare…. and Rynn Wright would show up at 11:00pm and say, "I got next". Happened several times, along with Sly Sylenstine and Dave Goff. David Britton and Rudy Woods never came…. Thank the Lord…,those other guys came several times.very nice guys didn't rub it in, they played half speed, just wanted to get out, I guess. We were thrilled. Loved that old gym. Played 3-3 intramurals with Sly in summer 1981. We won it of course with him.
no Vernon Smith? Hard to believe it's been 30 years since he passed. Rudy Woods and Dave Goff also gone too soon.

DeWare was the brand new gym when my grandpa was there (CO '28).

94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
JustisWalkert
AG
Downs Nanatorim
(1932-1997), somewhere near DeWare, IIRC.
https://myaggienation.com/campus_evolution/demolished_buildings/downs-natatorium-1932-1997/article_825774fa-138c-11e3-8d96-001a4bcf887a.html
ABATTBQ87
AG
JustisWalkert said:

Downs Nanatorim
(1932-1997), somewhere near DeWare, IIRC.
https://myaggienation.com/campus_evolution/demolished_buildings/downs-natatorium-1932-1997/article_825774fa-138c-11e3-8d96-001a4bcf887a.html

NYAG95
AG
eightlbbass said:

Chuck Cunningham said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

That was Jolly Rollie (G Rollie White), not Reed.
There was a part connected to G Rollie white called Reed.

This part:

Anybody else take the riflery courses that were located under the bleachers at this location?
i did
Builder93
AG
I came across this photo which is, I think, from the early to mid eighties. It is part of a larger aerial photo.
Note that in the far left you can barely see the Former Student's Association under construction.
Matt Montgomery
Never saw Vernon Smith. Yeah I knew Goff and Smith were gone. Didn't know Rudy passed. He was my age, he was in my Algebra 102 class as fish. He got kicked out of class for sleeping. Prof was a jerk. It was embarrassing. 125 kids in there and Rudy had to do the walk of shame. He never showed up again.
Charles Hickson Knows
Some have said it's the Kurse of Kayne. Who knows.
Our thoughts on the current controlled EXTRATERRESTRIAL reality disclosure process and related US GOV cover-up? Once the uneasy, contagious giggling subsides, how will our civilization and the mislead sheep adapt to this publicly known reality? Are the good Shepherds withholding the truth in our best interest? Perhaps multiple species are involved?
Jason C.
AG
My roommates played football for A&M and around 2000 one of them scored me a vintage pair of white Chuck Taylor low-tops the athletic department was liquidating, holdovers from Deware (and later G Rollie) when the team practiced when it was raining. On the back of each shoe there are probably 20 locker/jersey numbers written in Sharpie and crossed out.
zephyr88
AG
The Green Dragon said:

I can see no conceivable way that we ever win an NC.

I hope I'm wrong!
nah... we evicted a whole colony of bats (by destroying their home)...

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Found a picture from an alternate reality in which Deware survived into the zombie apocalypse:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.